WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing

Free Writing Plot bunnies, random musings, etc. No one-liners.

The Five Per Cent

Old 02-07-2006, 06:55 AM
Mackb (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

The Five Per Cent

When I was young, my father told me that life is a stream and most people flow with it. He knew early on that I would try to swim against the flow. Even in pre-school times, I was trying to go back against the crowd, first because I seemed to missing so much. Then it was exhilarating to see the consternation in everyone as I went against the norm.

Old 02-07-2006, 10:37 AM
starrwriter (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 4

Originally Posted by Mackb
When I was young, my father told me that life is a stream and most people flow with it. He knew early on that I would try to swim against the flow. Even in pre-school times, I was trying to go back against the crowd, first because I seemed to missing so much. Then it was exhilarating to see the consternation in everyone as I went against the norm.
Isn't it fun to believe we are different (better?) than most people, even if all evidence is lacking? Every mosquito thinks he is the center of the universe.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:43 PM
Mackb (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

oh you make me feel so smug, how dare you try to imply I'm not the centre of the universe...lol

So how would you go from there into a story then?
Old 02-07-2006, 01:23 PM
starrwriter (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 4

Originally Posted by Mackb
oh you make me feel so smug, how dare you try to imply I'm not the centre of the universe...lol. So how would you go from there into a story then?
I didn't realize this was for a story idea. I was just making an observation about human nature.

Notice how I used "we" so as not to exclude myself. When I was a teenager, I thought I was James Dean in "Rebel Without A Cause." Then I graduated from high school, had to get a job to ward off starvation, and my illusions of rebelhood quickly vanished. Einstein once wrote that our stomachs makes cowards of us all.

Last edited by starrwriter; 02-07-2006 at 01:28 PM..

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing