WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing

Free Writing Plot bunnies, random musings, etc. No one-liners.

Weding ring problems

Old 11-02-2006, 09:58 AM
azaelkain (Offline)
Vinco vici Victum
Official Member

Thanks 0
Send a message via MSN to azaelkain
Default Weding ring problems

“Come on Aya. Don’t prolong this cat-and-mouse game more that it needs to be.”

The voice thundered over me. I turned my head slowly hoping not to find his face there, but “He” stood there with his arms crossed on top of a small building a few feet from where I was standing. His scarred face stirred an uneasy feeling with in me. My hairs stood on end as his gaze seem to pierce my own flesh.

“What, do you want with me Thanos?”

My voice was barely audible. All conviction had been flushed away from me when by a simple movement of his hand Thanos had destroyed a small portion of the town, and I had stood there powerless to stop him. Now as he was only feet away from me those fears arose once again. My hands where shaking as well as my legs no doubt due to my fear of this man.

“What I want from you is that lovely Ethera ring that you have in your right hand.” Thanos’ deep voice echoed in the empty ruins that I had known as a center of commerce.
“But, why?” I replied half-knowing the answer to my question.
“I need that ring if I want to accomplish my goal.”
“Why does it have to be my ring?” My hands had begun to calm down.
“Just know that I need it, and as for your future you can always become a nun.”

His laugh made my back shiver. I knew that his threats were not baseless and deep within me the feeling of fear had begun to completely take me over. My legs wanted to run from that dreadful spot but I willed myself to stay. Thanos jumped down, but his fall was slow as if the air was his ally. My fists were up and my ring began to glow. I felt my strength began to increase, but he saw me with unmoving eyes.

“How cute, the prey is trying to be the predator.” Thanos had finally landed on the floor. As soon as his feet hit the floor I saw him move forward. His movements were so fast that my eyes could not keep up. The only thing I felt was pain coming from my stomach as his fist connected a blow. My stomach burned with pain as I gasped for air from the surrounding area. He lowered his hand and grabbed my hair. My eyes met his eyes and my body was paralyzed with fear. He effortlessly threw me away. I felt weightless as I sailed the air powerless. I felt my ring come off from my hand.

“Now, to claim my prize.” Thanos walked toward me. His stride was slow but sure and that just added to my fear. He knelt down and picked up my right had. The fear I felt had rendered me motionless.

“What? Where is your ring?” He shot up looking for my ring frantically. In that tiny space of time I stood up and began to run. As I ran I saw a shine from with in the debris. That must be my ring. I picked it up and put it on. I knew if I turned around I would find Thanos behind me. I focused on the ring but, I did not feel my strength coming back. This is not my ring. The though shocked me. Then that must mean that the owner of this ring and me are now

Old 11-03-2006, 09:48 AM
azaelkain (Offline)
Vinco vici Victum
Official Member

Thanks 0
Send a message via MSN to azaelkain

second entry

The mere thought of what had just occurred shocked me and made me forget that a man behind me wanted to take my life. My head was yelling for me to look for my ring before anyone found it. That’s all I wanted now, nothing else mattered because if a person put on my ring that person and me were now…no I can’t let that happened. I frantically looked for my ring as Thanos continued his slow walk toward me. I didn’t notice him, until he was towering over me, with a wry smile on his face. My mind was preoccupied with the problem of the location of my ring but, that did not take the fear I had of this man. He bent down a little and picked me up by the neck with his right hand. The hand where he now held three rings in his fingers. He looked at the ring on my hand and laughed.

“That’s not your ring is it, Aya?” He was thoroughly amused by the situation.
“No the owner of this ring is more than likely a person that died when I destroyed everything here.” He continued to talk as I gasped for air and tried not to faint.

Then the ring I had on began to glow and I felt power coming back to me slowly. The strength I felt was unlike anything I had felt before. I raised a foot and kicked Thanos in the stomach as hard as I could. Thanos was pushed back and he let me go. My right hand was brimming with power and I could feel it. A wave of power so warm and so deadly at the same time, I could feel it building up inside me. Thanos was not hurt by the kick but he was stunned mentally.

“What!?” Thanos looked at me his red eyes filled with hate and rage.
“Did you think your prey was that defenseless?” I said that outwardly but, in the inside I was as shocked as he was. The ring that I had was not mine it should not resonate to me at all and if what Thanos said is true the owner should be dead. Did the owner of this ring has found my ring and put it on? What is going on? Questions were filling my head. I was glad I could fight back somewhat but the thought of someone else having my ring haunted all my actions. Thanos was stunned for only a while and he was again on his pursuit for me. He raised one leg and moved forward so fast all I felt was the burning sensation when his knee connected with my stomach. My body felt shockwaves of the blow and in that instant I coughed blood. Thanos seeing what he could accomplish with one blow smiled and laughed as he threw to the ground.

“And here I thought you had become somewhat stronger, but I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part.” Thanos ran his hand trough his hair. “Collecting this rings have been a real bother and no fun at all.” He picked me up from my shirt and I felt powerless once again. The ring in my hand stopped resonating and now was just a piece of metal.

“Do you enjoy torturing the defenseless?” A man became apparent in the debris. His right hand was bloody and his left eyebrow had been cut and was bleeding. His stature was close to Thanos both in body mass and in size. Thanos turned to face the man his eyes squinted to get a clear view. He dropped me and faced the man standing in a bloody guise.

“Want to try me out if I’m “any fun” the man said.
“Sure I hate wannabe heroes most of all.” Thanos ran straight toward the man. He raised his fist and one of the three shone in his hand. The man did not move as Thanos hit him in the stomach.
“Your no fun you tried to kill me in the first punch.” The man said.
“You didn’t die I see.”
“Not by a long shot man.” The man grabbed Thanos’ hand and swiftly threw him up in the air. Then he sprang his legs and jumped kicking Thanos in the chest. Thanos hit the ground hard and the man landed easily on the ground. Infuriated Thanos jumped up from the ground. His red eyes shone with more intensity than before.

“Who the hell are you?”
“Me, my name is Kronos ,” the man said and bowed “Its nice to meet you.” Thanos began to get ready to charge but then he buckled and he coughed blood. He fell to his knees.
“Damn, I guess I can always come back for that ring, but in the mean time find your ring for me would you Aya.” Thanos stood up wiping the blood from around his mouth. He pressed a button on his wrist watch and a motorcycle appered without a rider and stoped before him.
“Until next time Aya,…oh and also your savior won’t be so lucky next time.” Thanos got on without further notice and sped off.

Kronos walked toward me. My eyes had not moved from him since he had come in. A man who had saved me and also the man who could defeat Thanos. This man fascinated me in many ways and I had just met him. This man was know walking toward me and I did not know how to respond..

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing