Thank you for your interest in the DMQ Review
. We seek work that represents and invigorates the diversity of contemporary poetry and demonstrates literary excellence whether it be lyric, free verse, prose, or experimental form.
* We read only email submissions
* Poems should be pasted as plain text (no html) into the body of the message only.
* Do not send attachments; such mail will be auto-deleted.
* Submit up to 3 poems and include a brief bio, 50 words max, with your submission.
* Type “Poetry submission” followed by your name in the subject line.
* Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, so long as you notify us immediately upon acceptance elsewhere.
* We do NOT consider previously published work; work that has appeared online in any format is considered to be previously published.
* Important: Copy and include the following permission statement with your submission:
I guarantee that the work I am submitting is my own original poetry. I guarantee that this work has never been published electronically or in print, and that it has not been accepted for publication elsewhere. I understand and agree that the DMQ Review acquires first serial rights for poetry and I offer The DMQ Review first serial rights on the work I am submitting; I agree that if the DMQ Review accepts my work for publication, first publication acknowledgement to the DMQ Review will appear with the work in any subsequent publications. I understand and agree that poems published in the DMQ Review shall not be published elsewhere before or within a period of three months from their DMQ Review release date. I give the DMQ Review the right to publish and archive accepted work. I understand that the DMQ Review presents poems and visual art together and I grant the DMQ Review permission to present my work with art of the editors’ choosing.
The DMQ Review receives first serial rights to the poetry it publishes. Reprint rights revert to the author three months after the first day of publication in the DMQ Review. This means that the author of a work is then free to have it republished elsewhere, as long as 1) other publishers do not require first rights AND 2) those publishers credit the work’s first publication in the DMQ Review.
Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visual Art Submissions:
* Type “Art submission” followed by your name in the subject line of your email.
* Please send a working URL where we may view samples of your work.
* Mail to:
Please include the following permission statement with your email:
I guarantee that the work I am submitting is my own and that I own the copyrights. I give the DMQ Review permission to publish and archive said work electronically, and to republish the work in a future print or CD version of the issue in which the work appears, or in a future DMQ Review anthology, if such a project should occur. I understand that the DMQ Review presents poems and visual art together and I grant the DMQ Review permission to present my work with poetry of the editors’ choosing.
If your work is accepted for publication we will ask you to provide clean .jpg copies via email, approximately 3-4 inches high.
To be on our mailing list for new issue release, please send email with “subscribe” in the subject line to: email@example.com
Please add our address to your address book to insure delivery of announcements.