WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Publishing > New Media

New Media Blog novels, podcasts, ebooks, and other writing technological newfangledness.

Article Marketing

Old 06-25-2012, 09:58 AM
indmoss (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Default Article Marketing

Hi Everyone,

My muse threw and idea at me this morning. She said that the world needed an article about how fiction authors can use article marketing. While I do article marketing for some projects, I've never adapted it to my fiction.

The only idea I can think of right now is to base articles on subjects related to one's genre (A romance author might right and article about relationships, a children's author may write about youth literacy.)

Has anyone ever used article marketing for fiction? I would be grateful for any experience, thoughts or ideas.

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:05 PM
indmoss (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

I've finished the article and will be posting in a few days. I'll track results over the next few weeks and let everyone know how it worked out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:54 PM
FableShop (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 6

Hello Indmoss,
Your muse is spreading it around. She visited me with the same idea a couple or three months ago. To that end I created FableShop.net as an experiment.

What I have learned is that fiction is not reliable for article marketing because it's nearly impossible to control it. You can see for yourself on the site the wacky Adsense ads.

It is still a little early for results, but I also don't see much hope for affiliate marketing either. One long article is overkill, and it's too difficult to page it out. Evidently page breaks count as one page in the Googleverse.

And finally, it is just too difficult to do a proper job of SEO with fiction.

I'll continue the ads, but I don't have much confidence in that part of the revenue stream because they are simply not targeted. It would be a miracle if anyone clicks.)

The good news, however, is that with that experiment complete I changed the mission to a new place for short stories.

My hope is that as FS builds up a head of steam and starts getting stories, eventually I can package them as anthologies for Kindle where we can all make a little money.

I think anthologies, like 2 liter drinks, is the way to go. Saves the customer money, and gives value to the product.

It's brand new. Check it out. Use it.

Norm

Originally Posted by indmoss View Post
Hi Everyone,

My muse threw and idea at me this morning. She said that the world needed an article about how fiction authors can use article marketing.

Thanks

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Publishing > New Media