WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Members' Feedback

Members' Feedback Suggestions, complaints, requests, questions, protests, etc.

The Magical Kingdom of Writer's Beat - A User's Tale

Old 09-26-2008, 07:50 PM
Winterbite (Offline)
Don't Panic

Thanks 323
Default The Magical Kingdom of Writer's Beat - A User's Tale

To quote the guitarist who accidentally broke all of his guitars before a gig..."This is disconcerting"

Picture this:

Innocent little Winterbite comes strolling merrily along the paths of the internet, gazing about at the nice graphics and interesting fonts. By and by he wanders down the winding path to the Kingdom of Writer's Beat. He skips about for joy as the familiar site spreads out before him. With great happiness he double clicks the Username box and his name appears. He types his password in the password box and waits for the magical doorman to open the gate to the wonderful kingdom. However, the doorman, in all his magical wisdom, will not allow poor Winterbite entrance, and instead simply returns him to that scenic vista that the home page of Writer's Beat Kingdom affords. Winterbite, thinking it a fluke, tries again. To his delight, the doorman looks upon his username and password once more, and welcomes him to the Kingdom of Writer's Beat!

Winterbite merrily skips along through the daisies that grow inbetween forums. It is theorized that these daisies are caused by the huge number of members who have gone "dead", and are now pushing up said flowers, but that's out of keeping with the carefree tone of this tale. Lighting upon a thread of interest, Winterbite knocks upon the door and is admitted to the deliciously random conversation of "The Last One to Post WINS!" He sits down and is just about to savor a mug of finest mulled cider, when he sees that the doorman has just taken away his "Signed In" status! Poor Winterbite is now nothing more than a ghost, a lonely exile, seeing but not seen, hearing but not heard. Puzzled, he signs in once more, and is again forced to do it twice. The doorman makes no apology whatsoever for his random actions. This sort of thing goes on for a while, hounding Winterbite relentlessly after visiting two or three pages. And it has not stopped yet! Winterbite is becoming tired of this order of things, and is contemplating revolt.

Is there a benevolent soul on Writer's Beat who can return poor Winterbite his blissful "signed-in-until-he-wants-to-leave" state?

Old 09-26-2008, 08:14 PM
SW (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 160

What????

Oh right. Read it some hundred times and just got it.

Umm... can't the "keep me signed in" work? That's odd...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-26-2008, 08:16 PM
Winterbite (Offline)
Don't Panic

Thanks 323

Sorry, I got a little carried away there. Anyway, I actually just used that "Remember Me" button, and that seemed to work. Don't let the invalidity of the issue decrease your enjoyment of the writing though.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:34 PM
SW (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 160

What browser are you using? That sometimes affects it. Otherwise, just log out fully, close your window, open it again and try again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-26-2008, 08:36 PM
Winterbite (Offline)
Don't Panic

Thanks 323

I actually cleared my cookie cache, deleted temp. files, and restarted. Then I reopened, logged in, and have had no problems yet. Thanks for the help, though!
Old 09-26-2008, 08:53 PM
glberen (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 8

It's happening to me too. Maybe someone forgot to feed the hamster. We'll check on it.

Elevate the
. Don't worry. It won't hurt. Click.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:32 AM
Devon (Offline)
Guard Dog and Playful Pup
Senior Moderator

Thanks 1,694

Huh. Well, that's annoying. Lol.

I don't know why it would do that to you. Kick you off like that at random times. I noticed that this site is starting to get little glitches here and there, more and more. There's another thread about it somewhere . . .

Anyway, if clearing the cookies and checking the "Remember Me" box has worked for you, stay with it and let us know if it happens again. I suspect it's a higher-ups issue, in that case.

Twisty mind candy:

Old 09-27-2008, 06:27 AM
HoiLei (Offline)
Draw, o coward!

Thanks 481

I had a similar issue last night... but simply took it for a divine sign that it was time to go to bed. It seems to be working now!

BTW, Winterbite, I loved that! Especially the bit about pushing up the daisies. Thanks for a morning chuckle!
Old 09-27-2008, 06:47 AM
Winterbite (Offline)
Don't Panic

Thanks 323

Yep, like the Boston song says "Don't let your troubles get to you!" They recommend rock n' roll music to get you through the stormy weather, but I've always preferred reading something funny.

And everything seems to be working out OK on my end now too, so lets hope it stays that way!

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Members' Feedback