WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Members' Feedback

Members' Feedback Suggestions, complaints, requests, questions, protests, etc.

Is 5 initial posts a test...

Old 08-12-2016, 01:52 AM
Prajakta (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Default Is 5 initial posts a test...

It feels that the 5 initial posts thing is like a test.. because first of all it is difficult to figure out what does it actually mean and where can you actually write your posts.
When you finally figure out where you can write your five posts, the question that arises is what to write. I can write a post for my introduction. Done. What next..
how can i post something in the Technical Support section if i don't have much hands on experience of posting on this site.
third task is choosing a topic which will be apt to post on accessible forums for the first five posts.

it's just my opinion. Of course there will be many writers who think differently

Old 08-16-2016, 10:35 PM
giper (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 2

Right. Well, I'm sure you can imagine what these forums would look like if you could just post immediately. It would definitely be filled with quality works and lost of comments.

I hope the sarcasm was clear. If it wasn't this hopefully clarifies.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:35 PM
giper (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 2

But yes, it definitely sucks
Old 08-18-2016, 07:09 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing

Thanks 322

It's so you can look back later and realize how much of a rube you were in the beginning.

Just kidding.

The idea is to get new members involved in the boards. You, no doubt, have something you wish us to see, and you'd like to know what we think of it.

The best way to get feedback is to give some, by going to the boards, finding something that interests you, reading it, and then giving your honest opinion. There's a post. If someone responds to your post, and you respond in turn, there's another post, and you've begun a dialogue.

Interesting conversations can ensue, people will remember seeing you as an active member, and anything you post will have a much better chance of being noticed.

Try to avoid one-liner posts which are obviously made only to bump the count, and it helps to read the FAQs so you can get an idea of what will fly and what won't.

That said, jump in!
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:58 AM
GinaRene' (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0

I understand the frustration with the multiple posts requirement. I am new to WB and started with the intention of throwing myself into the forums and showing my writing before I got cold feet. But I also understand the reasoning. I want people to actually read my stories and make thoughtful suggestions that I can respect, not shove out the same generic comment to every writer.

So does this count as one of my posts?
Old 08-25-2016, 10:10 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing

Thanks 322

Originally Posted by GinaRene' View Post
I understand the frustration with the multiple posts requirement. I am new to WB and started with the intention of throwing myself into the forums and showing my writing before I got cold feet. But I also understand the reasoning. I want people to actually read my stories and make thoughtful suggestions that I can respect, not shove out the same generic comment to every writer.

So does this count as one of my posts?
Yes.
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:10 PM
elijahmacey (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

i think its a test...

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Members' Feedback