WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics

Character Clinics Come and discover new things about your characters

Reide

Old 09-22-2013, 06:24 AM
Filterdreaming (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 24
Default Reide

Hey there. I'm just an average guy in my mid twenties. A bit on the skinny side but that's probably because I'm a vegan. I have a lot a vegan values but I'm not a bigot about it because my business is mine just as yours is yours.

I'm a bit of an introvert but I open up a lot at social events such as parties as long as you don't irritate me.

So I've been following this girl around. I guess I kind of see myself as her guardian. As much as she annoys the hell out of me I'm kind of obsessed. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy her company but that's our little secret. Promise not to tell her okay.

Anyway nice to meet you I guess.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:19 AM
JP_Inkswell (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 218

Liar! Average guys don't stalk, at least not where I grew up at. How many girlfriends have you had Reide? Ever been in a barfight with drunken Russian sailors? Have you ever been kidnapped by aliens, who then returned you with sincere apologies when your DNA sample showed you to be related to the Emperor of the known galaxy? Was your uncle assassinated by drug lords before your eyes when you were ten? Did your father die of brain cancer at a young age after being involved in CIA mind control studies? Did your mother ever do the pool guy?

Come on now, these are important questions we need to know about.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:20 PM
Filterdreaming (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 24

Originally Posted by JP_Inkswell View Post
Liar! Average guys don't stalk, at least not where I grew up at. How many girlfriends have you had Reide? Ever been in a barfight with drunken Russian sailors? Have you ever been kidnapped by aliens, who then returned you with sincere apologies when your DNA sample showed you to be related to the Emperor of the known galaxy? Was your uncle assassinated by drug lords before your eyes when you were ten? Did your father die of brain cancer at a young age after being involved in CIA mind control studies? Did your mother ever do the pool guy?

Come on now, these are important questions we need to know about.
1. I don't really do the relationship thing. I've had one girlfriend but she died apparently. I wasn't there though. A part of me still feels like she is out there in the world. Her name was Veronica.
2. I've been in bar fights before. But usually its with my friend Ryden. We usually start them. I'm not sure if Russian sailors have been involved. I've never even heard of the term Russian sailor.
3. Not sure of I've heard of the term alien. Where I live we have an emperor of each district. But as far as I know no one can reach the galaxy. I'm not sure if an emperor of the galaxy exists to be honest.
4. I'm not sure what a drug lord is but my uncle was assassinated, along with my parents. They were executed by an artist skilled with light magic. That's all I know.
5. I'm not sure what CIA is but my father was executed remember?
6. I would have no clue about what my mother did with the "pool guy" not that we had one. I haven't seen her since I was about 5.

I feel like we are both from two completely different worlds so I'll give a little information. The group I'm associated with is full of trained artists. I'm an ice artist. Ryden is a fire artist. Veronica was a feather artist. They're somewhat rare.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:34 PM
risk10 (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 278

You weren't there when your only girlfriend died! You don't sound too cut up about it matey. As for your Dad being assassinated, that is harsh man. I had a Dad once, but her turned out to be me Mum. It's a long story with a really short end (hehehehe).

Who's been lookin' out for you since the tragic loss of, well what sounds to be your entire family? Was Aunty Hetty the hairy Yeti available? Or was Granny Stinkpants?

You talk about Emperor's and districts, what's the deal? And Ryden sounds like a complete douche, starting fights in bars. I was in a bar fight once. Spilled me freakin' drink.

Well cheerio muscles. Enjoy that taffy tart and hope the noggin is cruisin' for a floggin' the next time your in my watering hole...

TAKE THE RISK
Old 10-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Filterdreaming (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 24

1. It's not that I'm not cut up about it. I've just become accustomed to the idea of death. I've seen so much of it that I am pretty much desensitized. That's also kind of an interesting twist about your fem-dad.

2. I was taken in by a group of artists when I was a kid. Before then I mostly looked after myself on the streets.

3. Well it seems so obvious to me so forgive me if I'm not descriptive enough. But the world where I live is separated into different districts. These districts hold a certain amount of land within them. This would include towns, villages, cities, fields, forests, deserts and masses of water. Each district has a leader who is in control of where they live. This is called an Emperor. I think the Emperor idea is stupid though. I mean why let one person have that amount of power? In regards to Ryden he is a bit of a douche. We may be close friends but when we clash it catastrophic.

4. I guess cheerio too.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:14 PM
risk10 (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 278

Why so nonchalant about death? I find that sad. Are things that bad in your district?

A group of artists? What sort? Not the same that assassinated your family I hope. I get the feeling there is something magical/mystical about these guys. Do aspire to be like them, or do they frighten you?

What other views about the apparent autocracy do you have? Have you harboured any thoughts about pulling the system down and how you would do that?

Can you give me an example of your catastrophoic clash with Ryden? What happened? Did you win?

TAKE THE RISK
Old 10-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Filterdreaming (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 24

Well people die. If I choose to dwell on it then I would get no where in life. Things are pretty bad in all the districts but there are also good sides to them. The world is pretty interesting when there is a battle.

As for the artist. Ryden is a fire artist. Veronica was a feather artist. There are a lot of different artists in our group. An no these guys had nothing to do with the group who assassinated my family. I guess being magical is the norm here. As for wanting to be like these people. I have already surpassed most of them. You see I'm an Ice artist.

I feel that our current autocracy is a front man of a larger group. I never really thought of pulling the system down but if it happens then it happens.

In regards to Ryden and I clashing. Well I'm Ice he is Fire. I'm not even sure how our fights start. We just both seem to go at each others throats. I wouldn't say either of us win. I'll have to think of a greater example of that for you.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:01 PM
risk10 (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 278

So what sort of things can you do as an Ice Artist? Where do you get these powers from? Are you born with them, do you learn them? Does everyone have these powers? How are they determined (i.e. why are you Ice and Ryden Fire?)

Tell me more about your childhood? How did you deal with your parents' deaths?

You seem very calm and at peace with whats happened to you? Where's your passion? What motivates you, as opposed to just floating around the Districts with your powerful friends?

TAKE THE RISK
Old 10-04-2013, 02:44 AM
Filterdreaming (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 24

Well I can basically manipulate ice, create ice and freeze liquids. This is a technique I was born with. We (as in the people in my world) are sometimes born with these kind of techniques. Sometimes you don't inherit them however. As for why I got ice and Ryden got fire? I don't know. No one really chooses their technique. To become an artist you have to train the technique you were born with and work with it while fighting.

I never really had much of a childhood. I was raising myself. I would sleep where I could find shelter and I would steal any food I could grab. I became quite skilled at pickpocketing. I never really dealt with my families deaths because I ended up pretty much living for myself. But one day I pick pocketed the right person. He took me in and trained me up.

I guess I am calm. The thing that motivates me the most is boredom. I don't really like it when I am not doing something. I wouldn't really say I have much of a passion for anything anymore though.

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics