WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Publishing

Publishing Ask and post advice about the publishing process. Discuss new media and options.

Screenwriter to Novelist

Old 02-10-2014, 04:58 PM
Nomad (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default Screenwriter to Novelist

So, I've got a screenplay I'd like to adapt into a novel.

I worked for about a year on this screenplay and before I thrust myself headlong into the novelization, I have two questions. First, are there any publishers you might know of that read screenplays prior to adaptation into books? There are plenty of studios that have writers adapt books into screenplays, and I was wondering if there were any publishing houses that accepted screenplays as manuscripts before being converted to books.

Also, does anyone know of a decent program that will convert a screenplay into a novel format. I know there's a lot of work I'll want to do to it anyway, but there are many components I'll want to retain in the screenplay without having to re-type the entire work.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Nomad; 02-10-2014 at 05:06 PM..

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Publishing