WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Publishing

Publishing Ask and post advice about the publishing process. Discuss new media and options.

Review sites and blogs

Old 12-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Whisper (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 87
Icon3 Review sites and blogs

An argument could be made either way whether submitting your work to a small time (or big time) review site helps sales or not. This thread is not meant to start a debate.

I have started out as a romance author and have therefore had about 3 years to research romance review sites and blogs. However, I now find myself with a half finished book which will probably not fall into the romance category and I have no idea where to start looking for sites/blogs which accept submissions directly from indie authors. Most of what I have found via Google are romance and YA/NA review sites.

So here is where this thread comes in. I thought it would be great if we could pool our resources and help each other find good review sites and/or blogs. If you have ones you follow or have previously submitted to, please share them and let us know which genres they are open to reviewing.

To start us off, I found two lists of *supposedly* good review sites today. I haven't had a chance to check them out yet:

http://www.blogmetrics.org/books

http://www.onlinecollege.org/2009/09...-book-reviews/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
The Following User Says Thank You to Whisper For This Useful Post:
Whiskers (12-18-2013)
Old 12-18-2013, 03:50 AM
Whiskers (Offline)
Picturing the Scene

Thanks 498

That's a good list, Whisper. Those I know are mostly for Romance and anyone will have to check to see if they handle self-published.

I've dealt with most on the list below.

SinfullySexyBook Reviews
Boys in Our Books
Smartbitches
MM Good Book Reviews
Totally booked blog
Smexybooks

Twimom

The Romance Reviews
Eroctica Revealed

(Website warning: No under 18s (21 in some areas).
The Following User Says Thank You to Whiskers For This Useful Post:
Whisper (12-19-2013)
Old 12-19-2013, 11:28 AM
Whisper (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 87

I've submitted to a few of those! =D The Romance Reviews is a good one for promos and advertising, too. If you put their banner on your site, you get one free headline ad per month. They have yet to review any of my books, though.

|
|
Old 12-19-2013, 12:11 PM
Whiskers (Offline)
Picturing the Scene

Thanks 498

The banner ad on The Romance Reviews is really good. I've been saving mine up, lol. They give out good calls for blog rolls too.

I think the only one I haven't had a review from is Smartbitches.

Ooh. I'll mention another one here.

Joyfully Jay

I got a small mention on their Best of 2013 Reads, which was a lovely little surprise.

(Website warning: No under 18s (21 in some areas).

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Publishing