WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself; we're all writers here, nothing to hide!

The write a book with me project

Old 11-14-2013, 12:44 AM
wabwm2014 (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Icon7 The write a book with me project

Hi everyone

My name is Melony and I'm an aspiring writer form South Africa, Cape Town. I decided to begin a writing project called WRITE A BOOK WITH ME. It's the first of its kind. Basically everyone can put input and write a book with me. I will obviously not receive any money out of this project since everything goes to charity. The difference with this is I'm not the writer, YOU are. You decide what happens in the story, who's in the story and what the story is about. So please if you're interested in this project, go to my blog writersblog.wordpressdotcom and join the project today. That's all I wanted to say. Please don't feel this is spam. It's simply a free no catch opportunity for writers like me to start their writing journey. I know I would have appreciated an experience like this if it came my way.

Thanks for reading

Melony

The Following User Says Thank You to wabwm2014 For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (11-14-2013)
Old 11-14-2013, 01:13 AM
Whiskers (Offline)
Picturing the Scene

Thanks 498

Hi. Melony.

Please check the FAQ at the top of the page as this will give you everything you need to know about posting and participating.

Question: How can it be called 'Write a Book With Me' ,if in your words 'I'm not the author. You are' ? What exactly is your role in this?

"I will obviously not receive any money out of this project since everything goes to charity."
If you're not authoring, are you doing cover design? Editing? Production? I'm asking this because you'd only be receiving a percentage of all sales. It is up to you what you do with your percentage, but if you wish an author to donate any royalty that is due to them, you will need to get them to sign a contract, with you stating clearly exactly who the charity is etc. And if you're donating to charity, authors will still need a record of sales sent to them either monthly or quarterly. You have an obligation to keep them up to date with sales.

It's a lot to ask a writer to write for free. It takes their time and their energy.

And this is coming from an author who writes to donate royalties to good causes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Website warning: No under 18s (21 in some areas).
Old 11-14-2013, 01:19 AM
Tau (Offline)
Solemn Simulacrum

Thanks 682

Hello Melony

Sorry to burst your bubble, but your ideas is not the first of its kind, I see this or a similar idea at least once a year if not more often. That said I wish you luck in your endeavour, and that you have the motivation to keep it going.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:52 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 4,063

("...welcome to here then, where if you really want to be read by many, then you need do nothing more than write upon the screen in front of you now..." mused the goblin who then drew a circle in the air to reveal a coffee pot and two cups, one of which he handed to Melony, smiling as only a well meaning friend would, continuing "...nah, please don't aspire to be a writer, it sounds so untrue, instead just pull those readers towards your pen by way of your posts, for here is not some dunce workshop for would be writers elsewhere, nah, here it's your showroom window with you giving them a taste of yourself in each post you do...")

Last edited by fleamailman; 11-14-2013 at 01:49 PM..

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions