WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself; we're all writers here, nothing to hide!

Honored

Old 09-06-2017, 05:12 AM
Loser&Loner (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 13
Default Honored

First, let me start off by saying how honored I am to eventually be acquainted with all of you. I am one of those people who is an introvert but only as a means of survival because I manage to weird people out when I am extroverted. I am on the autism scale, I don't know- probably, I mean I am mentioning it in an introduction of myself to complete strangers, and that doesn't even come close to the awkwardness that is me. Here is an example: I once told another girl who I thought was pretty that I wanted to rape her... I would never actually do it, rape has zero appeal in any way to me, but it just felt like the right thing to say at the time; it wasn't. Another wasted friendship. If I was a jerk, I'd just chalk it down as being too real for people.

I don't have many friends who write, I have betas who write but it would be presumptuous to think of them as friends, (even if I do fantasize about it.) I'm a writer, fantasy is my life. I am weird- period, and though it helps with the creative aspects of writing fiction, it is going to be my biggest challenge on the publishing side of things. I don't even have facebook anymore because it made me feel like crap about myself.

I am too unconventional to be published,

CL Jones

The Following User Says Thank You to Loser&Loner For This Useful Post:
Grace Gabriel (09-06-2017)
Old 09-06-2017, 12:34 PM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,029

Welcome then. Your frankness about autistic tendencies is appreciated - an honest and brave approach, so good for you.

I'm Grace - a very warm and friendly soul, prepared to support and encourage your writing. Although I feel privilaged with your 'laid bare' introduction, please don't imagine it will give you a free pass to write or express any inappropriate or offensive comments to the members here. Logging on to this site doesn't qualify as an intense or pressured social interaction. You've got time to consider, edit and delete anything you write - and you can clearly make that distinction.

Hope you enjoy our company and spare the time to invest in this site and support other writers on their journey.

See you around Loner - if you need any help navigating the site, just ask. x
Old 09-06-2017, 02:18 PM
Loser&Loner (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 13

Noted. I will be on my best behavior, I do not want to offend anyone. My introduction was anything but subtle, just the way a good book should be, but I will leave it on page one and bypass any rising action or a climax.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:18 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 831

I recommend you change your screen name. Loner is fine, but if you start with loser, you'll either end up one, or become pandering and disingenuous.

I don't mind if you're offensive. Welcome.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:29 PM
Loser&Loner (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 13

I don't know if you are familiar with the series 'A song of Ice and Fire' or the T.V show Game of Thrones but there is a part when this character Tyrion says to another character named Jon Snow who happens to be a "bastard," "Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."

I have been called a loser and I often feel like a loser but I refuse to see it as a bad thing because it pushes me to make something of myself when I feel like giving up. When I feel down I say to myself- get up you loser and deal with it.

Maybe I have lost at most things in life to make room for winning at writing It's all perspective man.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:59 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 831

Touché!

Yes, but Mr. snow is no longer a bastard. He may be baseborn, but his parents were both royals.

So, okay. That was a good defense.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:36 PM
Loser&Loner (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 13

I put bastard in quotations to avoid giving away a spoiler. You sir are a spoiler. What insult armour do you wear proudly?
Old 09-06-2017, 06:55 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 831

Originally Posted by Loser&Loner View Post
I put bastard in quotations to avoid giving away a spoiler. You sir are a spoiler. What insult armour do you wear proudly?

Maybe I should change my screen name to 'spoiler'?

Ha ha... I posted on Facebook immediately following the resurrection of Jon Snow: GOT, Jon is alive!

I honestly thought everybody was watching like me. I had no idea about spoilers or any of that nerd culture.

Well, I received a beat-down like no other. I even had friends texting me that I was a complete asshole, etc.

I still don't completely understand the culture. I think one of my daughters called me the devil. But, she meant it in a loving way?😀
Old 09-07-2017, 04:57 AM
Loser&Loner (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 13

Assumptions are always dangerous, to assume everyone is doing the same thing as you isn't wise. Imagine working over night and looking forward to watching the finale the next day on your day off, but then you go on facebook and someone puts the highlight of the show on their wall and you see this before you even had your morning coffee? Not cool. Ah well, at the end of the day it was a lesson you learned and can take comfort in the fact that you are smart enough not to do it again. Just remember it's always polite to wait a few days or ask people if they have seen it before going off about it.

Last edited by Loser&Loner; 09-08-2017 at 01:52 PM..
Old 09-07-2017, 06:07 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,727

("...welcome to writersbeat, now if it's any consolation to you I doubt you'll come across anyone here who is that dully normal anyway..." smiled the goblin who would so hate to be surrounded by normal posters while forumland await one's posts as we speak, then adding "...perhaps yes, for my dailylife that "normal" will do I suppose, ah but not here though, not while one is venturing across this masked ball of forumland between us, for here you can play things your own way and in your own style too, so you'll write with us won't you...", at which point the goblin just dipped his hand in his pocket once more and pulled out a red carpet, remarking "...ah yes, your dailylife your can quickly turn you into some loser or a loner simply by the way you look or talk, in short your dailylife is what it makes of you there, ah but you're not there now you're with me here now, and here my dear human within this disconnect of anonymity we are what we make of ourselves..." and with that the goblin jumped on the red carpet saying "...race you now, catch up with me and together we go places that exist only in the depth of your imagination alone, I mean what else is writing for really, oh yes fame and fortune is for the vain and cheap I know but me I want more than that now...")

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-09-2017 at 02:21 AM..
Old 09-07-2017, 10:22 AM
Myers (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 334

Welcome!

I like losers. They make me feel better about myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to Myers For This Useful Post:
Loser&Loner (09-08-2017)
Old 09-08-2017, 01:49 PM
Loser&Loner (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 13

Hey M, that is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me and I am not even sure if it's a compliment or not...
Old 09-08-2017, 01:51 PM
Loser&Loner (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 13

Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
("...welcome to writersbeat, if it's any consolation I doubt you'll come across anyone dully normal here..." smiled the goblin who would just hate to be surrounded by normal folks now, then adding "...yes for my dailylife normal will do perhaps, ah but not here though, not while one venturing upon this masked ball of forumland then, for here you can play things your own way, now you'll write with us won't you...", at which point the goblin just dipped his hand in his pocket once more and pulled out a red carpet, remarking "...ah yes, in dailylife your life can quickly turn you into some loser or a loner simply by the way you look or talk, in short your dailylife is what it makes of you there, ah but you're with me now, and here my dear human in this disconnect we are what we make of ourselves..." and with that the goblin jumped on the red carpet saying "...race you now, catch up with me and together we go places that exist only in the depth of your imagination alone, I mean what else is writing for really, oh yes fame and fortune is for vain and cheap, me I want more than that now...")
Er... are you hitting on me? Lol just kidding but yeah, that went right over my head. You prefer writing fiction I gather.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:04 PM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,029

Originally Posted by Loser&Loner View Post
Er... are you hitting on me? Lol just kidding but yeah, that went right over my head. You prefer writing fiction I gather.
Ah - a virgin when it comes to reading Flea's posts. Well, its much like sex really - hurts the first time..feels a bit awkward the second and then you get used to it and it soon becomes quite pleasurable and satisfying.

Cigarette?
Old 09-09-2017, 03:36 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,727

("...wish I could write like you humans do, where perhaps what I was trying to say but couldn't it seems was that this forumland is what you make of it while that dailylife of yours is ever what it makes of you still, unfair I know but that's why your escape is here I guess, to find out who you are by what you post, who you are outside the context of dailylife..." repeated the goblin hoping that that fact alone would encourage though, then smiling to the words "...in other words my friend this forum is where one first lets go of oneself to find oneself, for in truth no one is really here in person, no we're all anonymous for all our explanations otherwise, meaning we're only representations of ourselves perhaps, representations of a self that is made up from so many words upon your screen, but this is what is meant by "virtual reality", though this "virtual reality" I prefer to call it by its older word of "fiction", so forumland is synonymous of fictionland...")

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-09-2017 at 04:06 AM..
Old 09-10-2017, 10:36 AM
Lockette (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 23

Ah, a new comer, perhaps? Welcome, welcome, have a seat, take a drink, it's on me!

Welcome to the Beat, home to a guy who can talk like Homer Simpson, A spoiler (Oh fudge man Jon Snow comes back to life, I didn't even know he dies!), the goblin commonly referred to as the great and powerful fleamailman, and perhaps my favorite brit ever, Grace Gabriel. among other people.

It's very interesting to have another fantasy writer on the board, so much so I may have to crack open my nest eggs.

That's probably my favorite line in both the books and the television show. That really inspired me and perhaps gave me the confidence (or dare I say, arrogance) I have today. It's very good advice to live by, and really helps with self esteem and emotional troubles.

But yeah, welcome to Writer's beat, have fun, and I look to seeing you in the future!
Old 09-10-2017, 03:02 PM
Loser&Loner (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 13

Originally Posted by Lockette View Post
Ah, a new comer, perhaps? Welcome, welcome, have a seat, take a drink, it's on me!

Welcome to the Beat, home to a guy who can talk like Homer Simpson, A spoiler (Oh fudge man Jon Snow comes back to life, I didn't even know he dies!), the goblin commonly referred to as the great and powerful fleamailman, and perhaps my favorite brit ever, Grace Gabriel. among other people.

It's very interesting to have another fantasy writer on the board, so much so I may have to crack open my nest eggs.

That's probably my favorite line in both the books and the television show. That really inspired me and perhaps gave me the confidence (or dare I say, arrogance) I have today. It's very good advice to live by, and really helps with self esteem and emotional troubles.

But yeah, welcome to Writer's beat, have fun, and I look to seeing you in the future!
Agreed! Smile at the person who insults u, it takes away all their power. Nothing in life is certain but death, we will all be equal one day.

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions