WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table

The Intellectual Table Discussions on political topics, social issues, current affairs, etc.

Nimko Ali

Old 06-17-2017, 03:13 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing

Thanks 355

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
The excitement is all for you dear. I have a thing for Scottish chicks who know their way around a chainsaw😆

Also, there aren't many sane people here. I think I'm the only one, so you would make two.
So we've been infiltrated.

And yeah -- that about a chainsaw.

Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:36 PM
CandraH

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
The excitement is all for you dear. I have a thing for Scottish chicks who know their way around a chainsaw😆

Also, there aren't many sane people here. I think I'm the only one, so you would make two.
Originally Posted by Prodigalson View Post
So we've been infiltrated.

And yeah -- that about a chainsaw.
Aw haha you guys...

Not for long. My infiltration days are numbered by my anti social laziness and lack of ongoing interest. Till the next time.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Prodigalson (06-18-2017)
Old 06-20-2017, 01:57 AM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 375

Here's another thought that no one asked for, in the Western world over 70% of all people belong to an ideology that;
1) believes in loving thy enemy
2) camels through eyes of needles for the rich
Among other things. Does the society reflect this?
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 06-27-2017, 12:52 AM
JohnConstantine (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 684

Originally Posted by PickleBottom View Post
Here's another thought that no one asked for, in the Western world over 70% of all people belong to an ideology that;
1) believes in loving thy enemy
2) camels through eyes of needles for the rich
Among other things. Does the society reflect this?
I know this much... universal love is neither practicable nor desirable, or ethical.

Love should be reserved for those who deserve it, therein love has a value and a standard. If there isn't a standard for love then the concept (and yes I'd say it's a concept not just some random biochemical thing, we might be monkeys but we are world's only truly conceptual monkeys) becomes meaningless and who cares how everyone behaves? -- everyone and anything is deserved of love and love is whatever you want it to be...

To wit, say someone ends up sleeping with some violent, corrupt, deplorable type and has some babies. They might say 'I couldn't help it, I was in love, and you can't pick and choose who you love'. And that's the story they tell the kids after years of abuse and dysfunction within the household.

So the kids think 'oh, so love is just random with no standards, you love violent people just as you love kind people, maybe even more so none of us can help it...'

Because of this view of love without standards, these kids are wide open to predators who can offer whatever they like and call it love. This is kind of what's wrong with the world over.
PickleBottom (06-27-2017)
Old 06-27-2017, 02:44 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 375

Originally Posted by JohnConstantine View Post
I know this much... universal love is neither practicable nor desirable, or ethical.

Love should be reserved for those who deserve it, therein love has a value and a standard. If there isn't a standard for love then the concept (and yes I'd say it's a concept not just some random biochemical thing, we might be monkeys but we are world's only truly conceptual monkeys) becomes meaningless and who cares how everyone behaves? -- everyone and anything is deserved of love and love is whatever you want it to be...

To wit, say someone ends up sleeping with some violent, corrupt, deplorable type and has some babies. They might say 'I couldn't help it, I was in love, and you can't pick and choose who you love'. And that's the story they tell the kids after years of abuse and dysfunction within the household.

So the kids think 'oh, so love is just random with no standards, you love violent people just as you love kind people, maybe even more so none of us can help it...'

Because of this view of love without standards, these kids are wide open to predators who can offer whatever they like and call it love. This is kind of what's wrong with the world over.
I agree, love is one of those words that have too many meanings and therefore lost all meaning IMO. It is thrown around too casually without the associated feeling and action. Love, like you said, can also become an excuse or an apology. But I cannot complain about this because I am a proponent of allowing words to evolve. I only express my true feelings using GIFs nowadays;

And yeah with the whole monkey thing, that is purely due to the way that society churns out any input into a gross misrepresentation, further bastardised by the fiends running the show. If real people were allowed to have agency, not the muppets in charge, the world would have 0.00000000000131% of the problems it currently has.
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table