Sentience (Screenplay)

Old 03-03-2016, 07:18 AM
marigold_2015 (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 2
Default Deleted

Forget I even asked....

Last edited by marigold_2015; 03-05-2016 at 02:55 PM..
Old 03-03-2016, 12:53 PM
max crash (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 403

your story was a little to much like the book of Job (king James version of the bible) and it also read way to much like a watchtower story - this may have been your intent --

the end of the story while departing from the watchtower version was not redeeming for this story.

I liked your other story much better and it may be that I'm a wiccan and just didn't like the subject of this story.

while I can't fault your construction or spelling - sorry but I just didn't like the story. other more godly people may.

I guess that makes the score, in my opinion, one excellent and one not so good

keep writing

max
Old 03-03-2016, 02:53 PM
marigold_2015 (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 2

Originally Posted by max crash View Post
your story was a little to much like the book of Job (king James version of the bible) and it also read way to much like a watchtower story - this may have been your intent --

the end of the story while departing from the watchtower version was not redeeming for this story.

I liked your other story much better and it may be that I'm a wiccan and just didn't like the subject of this story.

while I can't fault your construction or spelling - sorry but I just didn't like the story. other more godly people may.

I guess that makes the score, in my opinion, one excellent and one not so good

keep writing

max

Oh, well I'm actually now a misotheist, not a christian and...do you mean like the actual watchtower?

Yeah my intent wasn't to make it so much like the story of Job but to make it a story that shows what happens when you believe in God and when you're "the perfect christian" - and God fails you. It's the song "Dear God" by XTC and "Where's God" by Insane Clown Posse put in film form. It starts off seeming like a christian film but it's really not.

The ending is supposed to leave people questioning their own thoughts and beliefs in God and I decided to write this story because it's what I'm going through now, so I wrote from personal experience but....

ok, thanks for your feedback.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:08 PM
max crash (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 403

the watch tower is a pamphlet that the 'Jesus Christ of latter day saints' hand out.

misotheist - hatred of (some/all) religion???

max
Old 03-03-2016, 06:17 PM
marigold_2015 (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 2

Originally Posted by max crash View Post
the watch tower is a pamphlet that the 'Jesus Christ of latter day saints' hand out.

misotheist - hatred of (some/all) religion???

max

Ah, I see and no, misotheism revolves around the fact that you believe God exists but that he's nothing more than a cruel, malevolent God who cares nothing for human suffering and tragedies and therefore is not worthy to be served....But maybe this story is too close to home and too personal to do...I thought it sounded interesting though....

Last edited by marigold_2015; 03-04-2016 at 05:34 AM..
Old 08-29-2016, 05:56 AM
clarke1557 (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

Really good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Fiction > Scripts