WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics

Character Clinics Come and discover new things about your characters

Brayden Bassadet

Old 05-04-2013, 07:29 AM
DreamiMel (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 3
Default Brayden Bassadet

Uh, hi. I'm Brayden. Nice to meet you, I guess? I, uh...I'm ten years old and I'm a boy. I have a friend named Judith, and everyone around me is scared of me. Except for Judith.
You see, I uh, got turned into a monster. I have black skin now, like, really black skin. I have sharp teeth, big, round, white glowy eyes, and I have horns now. Everything else is the same except...ummm....I dunno know how to explain this, but....I don't have a...you know what. Yeah, sorry, too much? let's just...move on.
I got turned into the way I am by some weird stuff that these people gave me through a shot. Nothing happened at first, and then before I knew it a week passed, then I was turned into this. I'm just confused as you are about how that happened. I don't remember what happened that week.
Anyway, I was kept at this horrible place for months after that. They did stuff to me, like stick needles in me, shock me, shine bright lights on me, and hurt me. I hated the needle part. My skin got way tougher, so they had to shove the needle in me really hard! It hurt a lot! But I escaped that place, and I went to the big city.
Then I met Judith at a church I was hiding out at. Judith is really nice. She's my best friend. She's blind, and I think that's why she's not scared of me. She can't see me! We've been friends for almost a year now. She built me a small house in her backyard, and I'm thankful for that. She's rich, so she can do that. Her family sells bottled water, and that's how she got so rich.
We're also trying to find out what I am. We've got a good lead! I'm something called a "Shoda." That's all we know so far. We're gonna do some more searching.
Anyway, It's nice meeting you! I hope we can be friends. At least, I hope you're not scared of me.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:23 AM
Wind (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 15

Hallo Brayden,
It’s a pleasure to meet you. I've been quite interested in what you managed to say here, since I specialize in children like you. So this will be just some basic questioning.

First things, first. How did you get to that place where you've been experimented on? Do you even remember that? Memory lose is quite common, so if that's the case how far back can you remember? Do you remember names of the people there or name of the institution itself? What actually happed down there, were there more people like you, or were you the only one? How regularly were you fed, and how did the fed you? Do remember that diet does remain a very important aspect of mutation. Were did you sleep, or where were you held when they were not experimenting on you? Do you perhaps remember what kind of shots they used on you, that kind of knowledge can very well help in discovering what has actually happen.

Time skip. So you are with Judith now, that’s nice. Do you think she would be scared of you if she sees you? Does her family know you are in their backyard, and are they scared of you, or are you kept a secret? Have you ever considered the fact that Judith might be a part of organization that did experiments on you and that her job is monitoring your behavior and adaption to your surroundings? How did you find out that you are a "Shoda"?

That would be it for now, because I have places to go, people to see. Nice meeting you!
Wind

Last edited by Wind; 05-10-2013 at 11:32 AM..
Old 07-27-2014, 12:40 AM
RyleyAlexander (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 9

I'm not scared. I'm a monster myself in my own way, so I can't really judge.

Anyway, I can't imagine what it would be like to be turned into a monster. Did it hurt? Did it happen gradually, where you could see yourself transforming? Or just poof! and it's done? Or did you change while you were asleep and wake up that way?

Do you have any thoughts of revenge on the people who turned you into a monster?

Does your family miss you? Do they know what happened to you?
Old 07-27-2014, 05:56 AM
RyleyAlexander (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 9

Also, as I'm simply reading your words, rather than hearing them, I was wondering if your voice sounds like a normal human voice. Typically, monsters have a very scary voice, and don't speak any normal human languages, however, your friend hasn't seemed to notice anything strange in speaking with you. Do you speak English well and have a normal human voice? Or do you sound strange, but have been able to explain it away to her as something else?
Old 07-28-2014, 09:37 PM
Thewritingkid (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 12

Alright Brayden, what is a Shado exactly? Where does it come from? Where'd you find out about it? Can it do anything special?
What about the organization, is it looking for you? Have you heard about yourself in the news, the boy who disappeared? What's Judith like?
Most importantly, how did you escape the organization at that young of an age? What if they let you escaped on purpose?
Old 08-02-2014, 09:54 AM
Escriber* (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 119
Icon9 Brayden

I'm really glad to see you beginning to build a network of people who you trust.
Try not to "remember" those times you were locked up. You have to live each day at a time and not dwell on the past.

At least you know it's not something that you can control. You know that you did not choose to turn that way. You may be growing.

Don't let go of your connection to the world. It is this place where you can come and get away again.
No despair- it is the Decision.

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics