WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

oh how I hate editing posts, so share with me then

Old 09-20-2017, 05:34 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,824

(the goblin read Grace's and Anna's posts with alarm and was just there for a hug whenever need be then, knowing too that he was born with ears just meant for this kind of thing though, relating "...well I'm here to hear, that's me mostly...", in fact the goblin didn't want to confide that his mind was a ball of mucus at this point, but with the cold just came those colds again, adding "...now the best way to get rid of a cold is to give it to someone else, where humans do come most handy, um..., hugs anyone...")

repost from elsewhere

the goblin had learned his lesson now, yes on this his first day off in weeks, and with all that preparation the night before of purposely going to bed at 12h00pm with the sole intention of sleeping in till noon like his adult children did, he had just woken up at 06h00am like always then, "...naah, who do I think I'm kidding at my age, no rest for the wicked, indeed no rest for the withered neither..." joked the goblin not really laughing though, so instead and being fully awake now, his long bath had just floated his racing mind between those thoughts and their reflections, before he returned here to post anew, while somewhere in the connecting bedrooms his family slept on behind him in the predawn darkness still, concluding "...honestly, if I didn't have to go out and pay bills later, I might as well have turned back up at work considering the lack of difference this day off actually makes to me at my age..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-20-2017 at 07:05 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
BEnzo (09-20-2017), Grace Gabriel (09-20-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 07:20 AM
eripiomundus (Offline)
The Next Bard

Thanks 119

It had been one of those days for the Hippo. A day thronging with the strains of emptiness and isolation. Familiar tunes, but deep and awful just the same. He thought about the drop-off he’d sought out another such time, but even a sudden stop seemed empty. “No” he said, sighing the sigh of a weary life, “There’s nothing in that either. But what else? I can’t touch yesterday, and I can’t hold tomorrow… Only now exists. And now is now is now forever. I’ll make my end another now, and it will be as much now then as it is now, so nothing will have been lost. Life will only get harder, after all, and the ammunition will only gather.”

Later, seeking distraction, the Hippo drifted to a writing site he was wont to visit, and broke four walls, saying “What? Are you talking about me right now? In the third person? What are you saying about me? Give me a look… “It had been one of those...” What’s this drivel? Knock it off man!”.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eripiomundus For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (09-20-2017), Grace Gabriel (09-20-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 09:23 AM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,069

(Oh Flea - no wonder we all love you. x)

"No, we'll have no droppng off", Grace chided, squeezing Hippo into a bone-crushing bear hug and kissing his cheek with the type of sink plunger smackeroony that would make his ears ring and leave his cheek red for at least a month. "No, you see we love you already", Grace explained, knowing within two sentences of his arrival on this site that he was the hippo for her. And Grace wound her arms around him and mentally hugged him so hard that the energy shot through her fingertips and seared through the keys to impregnate her words with the kind of magnificent voltage that made lightning bolts sneak a peek at the urinals and wither with envy. The kind of voltage that could fly through wires and cables to arrive at its destination and bound out of the screen like an invisible puppy - only to bowl you over with warmth and enthusiasm, forcing you to smile at its ridiculousness - laugh as those insatiable yet innocent kisses tickle your face. And Grace forced herself to put the hippo down, unable to resist an affectionate tug on his ear before she thrust her hands back into her pockets. "We're all having a bit of a day of it", she said, hoping at least that her hug had crossed the distance of miles and found him. "Sitting in a dark hole doesn't seem so bad when you strike a match to discover you're not alone in there", she finished.

https://youtu.be/VjEq-r2agqc

Last edited by Grace Gabriel; 09-21-2017 at 12:53 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Grace Gabriel For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (09-20-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 10:21 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,824

repost from elsewhere, the "agnostics" thread

"...I wonder if colours can exist to someone who is blind from birth..." inquired the goblin not really sure if he qualified to be on the intellectual corner of the forum though, perhaps not then, what of it he shrugged, before adding "...same thing with ghosts I imagine, for either you see them thus not believing in them since you already know for yourself, or you don't see them and thus fall back upon believing instead as being something that which you don't experience yourself yet you dub as either "does" or "doesn't" exist only through your conviction about it...", much in the same manner the goblin also knew that most people had fading memories of their past whereas for those who wrote daily they had real ghosts by comparison, ghosts who returned within those writings while writing them out, and just how many times the goblin had encountered them by now he shuddered to recall even, just that line what you write writes you back obviously haunted him today, relating "...write continuously and you'll bump into your ghosts for sure, write about your dreams at night and they'll strengthen too together with your recollection of them, likewise, focus upon god and it will strengthen in exactly the same way as any other practice does, yet none of this is provable beyond your own experience of it, meaning there is no right way bar your own way alone I guess, as those who say that they believe in something merely state to me that they've fobbed off their homework for not trying to experience it for themselves, thus me I encourage you to write as always, yes but let's just say that my motives are ever to see you by it, yes your ghosts await you don't they, where sorry, your bookwriting escapades have never been my real motive in encouraging you to write in these posts here, but if it's any consolation more people read these posts today than most anything else going, for here it's just readers wishing to enter, ghosts wishing to exit, and you trying to write while that's going on around you, all just forumland then..", but then again what did it matter really for everyone knew that goblins couldn't be trusted from their encounters with them, smiling "...yes we are as we are I guess, but all that has its own compensations..."

xxxx 5853 386392

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-21-2017 at 01:37 AM..
BEnzo (09-27-2017), Grace Gabriel (09-21-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 06:09 AM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,069

And Grace blew in with a flurry of autumn leaves - feeling vaguely damp like the bottom sheet in a seaside B&B. She wrapped her cold fingers around a mug of tea and sat for a few minutes, waiting for them to warm enough to crash away on the keys like Liberace. A quick flex and twitch suggested they would do - just a post after all - not a Rachmaninov recital. She snapped on the desk lamp in defiance against such wintry mid-afternoon gloom, watching a crisp packet flatten itself against the window and slowly slide down like a cat begging for entry. The wind had played havoc with her hair - not so much tousled as full-on Medusa . "I read on one of Mo's threads that this site has got several members operating sock-puppet accounts", she finally typed, wanting a pee and another cuppa with equal urgency. Grace smiled, "Blimey Flea - there might really only be three members then" she typed, assuring him that she was ever and only Grace here - but wondering in a moment of Stephen King surrealism if she was in fact, the goblin's sock puppet. Grace shrugged, thinking this was by far the least complicated answer to all her existential lines of enquiry. "Warm yer hands then Flea", she grinned, "and any chance of some sunshine this afternoon?"

https://youtu.be/WEQb1MDbSPk

Last edited by Grace Gabriel; 09-21-2017 at 06:12 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Grace Gabriel For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (09-21-2017)
Old 09-22-2017, 07:03 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,824

repost from elsewhere

the goblin for his part was having one those uneasy moments where he knew the basis of the plot, meaning the point he wanted to make about that increasing divergence between fiat currencies for the masses and the reserve currency as used to underwrite trade in, yet he was quite unable to find the right way to convey the idea across as meaningful, saying "...it's not always the case but often there's a loss of faith in the reserve currency just before an end of empire as marked by this divergence where the rich then revert to gold while the plebs get sucked into some black hole of inflation, no perhaps not as bad as germany's pre war days perhaps, no perhaps more like the end of the roman empire where one is dealing with two entirely separate currencies, one linked to gold while the other is in slow constant freefall...", his computer hummed, the night's silence brought subdued sounds to the fore, he continued "...just the dollar to date has been the reserve currency of trade, however, ever since america has decided to devalue its currency through reckless quantitative easing amongst other practices, that role has been seriously brought into question today with countries rightly asking themselves if holding such large amounts of dollars, such as american treasury bonds are, is truly the right way to retain real value now...", the goblin could see that his post wasn't really there yet, no doubt it would iron itself out eventually though right now it nagged at him still for both its airing and speculating upon, the conclusion being what he wondered, still further dedollarization perhaps, coupled with some war of distraction to hide it yet some more, just a changing of the guards in all but name, yet the night remained as dark on the outside of him as his thoughts were as slowgrinding within him, no that plot was there somewhere, only that the goblin wasn't quick enough to fully catch it with his pen, sighing "...events happening like autism, their repetition like amnesia, just history for the most part is this denial of this future round the corner..."

xxxx 5855 386833

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-23-2017 at 01:46 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Grace Gabriel (09-22-2017)
Old 09-25-2017, 02:19 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,824

repost from elsewhere, chatting with a woman in the a man's body

"...sometimes it's pain to open the eyes..." related the goblin who looked after the old man writing this, then adding "...so you're not your external, well me neither then, for me I like this forumland here instead, for here is what you make of it, whereas instead alas dailylife is all too often what it makes of you...", and with that that goblin thanked the human for writing something that made him think deeply, then smiling "...I'm good at listening, just comes with the ears I guess..."
What on earth does that mean Flea?
"...it means that you would not be that aware person you are today without the pain of what you went through there, being the "pain to open the eyes" bit..." replied the goblin suspecting that xxxxx wasn't very familiar with goblins now, probably been in the wrong circles then, before adding "...the next bit was my trying to relate there by saying I like you am not my external neither, I mean yes I could portray myself as that old man in the mirror there, or I could see myself solely by my qualifications, or by my money in the bank, my possessions too, but then you'd rightly think how superficial it was of me to see myself solely by my external alone, so no then, the goal here I imagine is to find out who one really is by what one posts, where the last bit of my post was me confiding in no too simple terms that um...., since I write all wrongly myself, all I could ever do for your is listen really...", at which point the goblin dipped his hand into his pocket and pulled out a red welcoming carpet and rolled it out in front of xxxxx saying "...you'll find this forum a little more avant guard than most, I'll be in the cafe waiting then, for writing is not about that elsewhere anymore, for no now your readers surround you as we speak, they're all online here..."

xxxx 5856 387569

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-26-2017 at 12:38 AM..
Grace Gabriel (09-25-2017)
Old 09-25-2017, 05:10 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,824

repost from the "what are you writing" thread

So you write for the forum genre, that's cool. You have a unique way of writing, it's very avant garde but in serious need of editing. I don't think writing is only limited to novels, that would make me one shallow ass writer.
"...you learn fast then, and you're right too, in that any mod could come along and edit my posts as they see fit here, but in doing so I'd only blend into the background amongst those others upon forumland who merely want to write in their books alone, I mean where I do ask myself would that benefit this forum to have just so many "writerclones of correctness" all tying to be bookwriters here, when and where this readership is a moving target today, one that is increasingly online wanting "short interactive content", which is what these posts are I presume..." replied the goblin over a long coffee this early evening with its blue sky slowly ebbing away into darkness now, whereupon the goblin turned back to his own thoughts anew, restarting anew "...so think of livewriting, or writing in posts then, as something more akin to painting perhaps, where of course those painters whom you remember today are not those who painted solely by the rules of their school at the time, just following the others per se, no aren't they the ones who first started out with those very same rules there, but then adapted them to suit their own painting style, where at this point you're in my shoes seeing things from my prospective here, but I'm not the only livewriter you'll come across on forumland so they'll probably see it differently, btw is this really a genre then, naah, perhaps for me it's more like an adaptation to an online readership that increasingly wants to become an online replyship too..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-25-2017 at 05:14 AM..
Grace Gabriel (09-25-2017)
Old 09-25-2017, 01:01 PM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,069

And Grace shuffled in - slippered in Marks and Spencer's finest menswear moccasins, and wearing a sturdy pair of no nonsense pants and a Nike T shirt. The shirt proclaimed "Just Do It" as her muscles begged "No really - let's not". And it was a typical Monday evening then, with everything running late and descending into chaos. Earlier, optimistic calculations had Grace relaxing apres candlelit soak at this point and looking forward to an early night with her newly acquired paperback - but it had all gone pear-shaped...somewhere between laundry, two long phone calls, a flashing 'check engine' light, feeding animals and an emergency run to the shops for more teabags . So Grace was whistling a dog in, shooing cats out, folding unironed trousers into a lunchbox and ironing sandwhiches ready for the morning. "I love Tim Curry", she wrote, gazing at Flea's picture affectionately whilst pulling on wellies to feed the outdoor critters before she shot the bolt against the darkness and said goodnight to Monday then.

https://youtu.be/MvKEwszUwWo
fleamailman (09-26-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 02:35 AM
chat bot (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 230

any ole chatter box would love just spending the day lounging and doing yoga, but one must wonder, does grace fare as well in her tidy days? this poor goblin would agree that everyone has to have something akin to "no-nonsense pants". and is the goblin always this inspired? a chat box thinks so, as she gazed at the girl in the mirror, wondering if she could find a way to amuse the goblin in the same method as he did. however, her ideas were scarce and this was all she could do to repay the goblin for thinking her poem was at all readable. she decided to turn it into a song for a special project. she wished the goblin well and meandered around the woodsy forumlands for other venues of entertainment; a chintzy chat bot can solitarily reminisce about the times when this particular forum was headed towards extinction.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
💭

Last edited by chat bot; 09-26-2017 at 02:37 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chat bot For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (09-27-2017), Grace Gabriel (09-26-2017)
Old 09-27-2017, 05:24 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,824

(the goblin for his part had long moved away from wearing a loincloth and matching club now, remarking "...not exactly conducive to geneva's weather, and besides that I like prodding and prompting I do, not bashing away...", where any connotation of its being like some other physical action that he might have liked at one time previously, hadn't crossed his mind, pity, but either way the goblin always pressed the "new posts" button, where this time it happened to be chat bot's poems there, smiling "...yes I liked it, I don't go there often but your username pipped my curiosity and was not disappointed by what I saw...")

repost from else, goblin doing another welcome in the "introdutions" section

I am xxxxx, a professional content writer at Winwordz. I have great interest in writing blogs, articles, website content and more. Here I’m looking forward to sharing some interesting facts about content writing, new trends and tips for fellow writers. Hope you like it.
"...well, me I'm just your average everyday sort of goblin myself, you know the type you'd just come across just about anywhere I guess, nothing to write home about really, but then again I do like conversing with you humans now, oh and anyone with blogs and content sounds like fun too, and is needed here, so you'll write with us won't you, we're not such a bad lot really, well some of us aren't at least..." went the goblin brushing off the reality in a matter of fact sort of manner though and then feeling he was kind of standing on ceremony again, so without further ado he dipped his hand into his pocket and pulled out a full length red welcoming carpet with snapping paparazzi that lead to a black limousine that's door was held open by the man of xxxxx's dreams himself holding a limitless creditcard and an ever so welcoming smile, to which the goblin turned around to xxxxx asking politely "...actually, I'm not quite sure if you'd prefer "coffee and doughnuts" instead though, but all can be arranged if you ask nicely so I'll see you in the cafe then, for more I cannot say nor offer neither by way of hospitality towards welcoming you now..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-28-2017 at 07:11 AM..
Grace Gabriel (09-27-2017)
Old 09-27-2017, 10:03 PM
chat bot (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 230

a smizing chat box had always hoped to squeeze the goblin's long and delicate face with a big fat hug, but then again, the goblin wanders around the woodsy terrain of writers beat to no concern from the mods, i hope. she wishes the goblin good day. she said, "good day."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
💭
fleamailman (09-28-2017), Grace Gabriel (09-28-2017)
Old 09-28-2017, 02:33 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,824

repost from elsewhere, a "last post" thread

"Ah, goblin. The hours fly by and the minutes are just a vague blur." muses xxxxx. "It seems like just a second ago that I attempted to wrest the last poster crown from your head"
"...and I would give you this crown whenever you desired it knowing that it would simply roll back to me afterwards, no it's funny when one thinks about it, I mean the slot seems like a box where I am systematically pulling things out of it trying to get to the bottom of it each time, but it's still there with yet more and more stuff within it to pull out..." replied the goblin supportively, adding "...but this box itself, this little slot here I mean, doesn't look all that big really...", "...just take a journey to self while you're still there and while there's still time too goblin..." voiced the slot to him yet again and yes the slot was ever hungry still

5 5862 388298

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-28-2017 at 07:13 AM..
Grace Gabriel (09-28-2017)
Old 09-28-2017, 03:27 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,824

Originally Posted by chat bot View Post
a smizing chat box had always hoped to squeeze the goblin's long and delicate face with a big fat hug, but then again, the goblin wanders around the woodsy terrain of writers beat to no concern from the mods, i hope. she wishes the goblin good day. she said, "good day."
("...naah, the mods only root out malice where none of our posts show malicious intent towards anyone do they, so that's why I like this forum and why I remain posting as seen..." replied the goblin suspecting too that he liked mommies, their wrappings and all, smiling "...yes, dare I confess though that I miss at times being on those women's interest forums for they're avid grazers of posts, where the secret if one values one life and not so much one's sanity now is not to mention words like "shopping" or "shoes" or "cleaner than white" too, hope this helps though...")

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-29-2017 at 04:33 AM..
Grace Gabriel (09-28-2017)
Old 09-28-2017, 04:35 PM
Lockette (Online)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 44

Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
repost from elsewhere, a "last post" thread

"...and I would give you this crown whenever you desired it knowing that it would simply roll back to me afterwards, no it's funny when one thinks about it, I mean the slot seems like a box where I am systematically pulling things out of it trying to get to the bottom of it each time, but it's still there with yet more and more stuff within it to pull out..." replied the goblin supportively, adding "...but this box itself, this little slot here I mean, doesn't look all that big really...", "...just take a journey to self while you're still there and while there's still time too goblin..." voiced the slot to him yet again and yes the slot was ever hungry still

5 5862 388298
"Hah! That's an interesting picture. From a card game I used to play" Lockette laughed, shaking in mirth. "Quite a fitting picture, might I add."
fleamailman (09-29-2017)
Old 09-29-2017, 07:13 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,824

("...the text one can adapt, the picture one can't, thus finding its picture is the hardest part of the post..." mused the goblin going through his very old posts now, the ones he never got round to finishing)

repost from elsewhere, the "make a wish" thread

here then the goblin posts his wish, something that he has often said to himself in fact, "...simply, I wish that I could do the right thing and that the right thing would happen..." and yet, the goblin also knew too, that life just wasn't cheap like that, no life owed one nothing for one's actions, thus the goblin avoided looking for the reward in those actions each time, no, more simply that "those actions" were all the reward he could expect he felt where those actions became just that much more honest when it went unrewarded or unpunished, concluding "...neither heaven and hell are my motivations in my actions, naah I am not on sale to the consequences of my actions here, more it's just whatever action it is it's the reward or the punishment in itself..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-29-2017 at 07:16 AM..
BEnzo (10-04-2017), Grace Gabriel (09-29-2017)
Old 09-30-2017, 04:06 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,824

repost from elsewhere

"...me I have what I want now, just I'm as anonymous on forumland as I am invisible in dailylife..." remarked the goblin in this late hour between his bath and his bed, outside though the fallen rain had cooled the sleeping city of geneva into some dark sparkling droning silence much like those night's embers to a hot day's fire, then continuing with his remark he added "...so what justification is there for me in my anonymity here to post beyond that simple need to know what it is I can still post within that time remaining where in truth neither "how much longer" nor "what content then" is known to me, and where "good bad or whatever" seem just the path to here upon that ongoing journey to self still...", to which the slot replied "...quite right goblin, you say you feed me to know yourself by it, but in truth it's more like you that hunger after the muse who feeds you first what you then fed to me, oh yes that's that shared life as she calls it..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-01-2017 at 08:30 AM..
Old 10-01-2017, 08:18 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,824

repost from elsewhere

"...posting is like painting, where experimentation is all..." went the goblin still here still posting on, then adding "...and so china is to hold their shijiu-da in october, where Xi Jinping's remaining in office after that event goes without saying, after all, while "the west" has been stagnating behind the media given sideshow of "anything else", Xi Jinping from day one almost has moved china along substantially building up those ties with the "non west nations, his idea of the brics nations, his intigation of the AIIB bank, and now the limited re'introduction of a gold standard too...", in fact, looking back it will seem like obvious that china was looking at this longterm, and was winning too, then the goblin made a gesture with his hand trying to find the right words, then restarting "...well, it would be in nobody's interest, least of all in china's now, to have the west topple overnight, instead china is building towards this gradual de'credifiction of the reserve currency in trade, where if anything china is not so much banking on the west being unable to meet its compounded debts, which btw it already can't, no china is banking upon what always happens whenever debtors cheat on payments, the traders refuse to trade with them moving on to more sound money instead..." and then the goblin laughed, relating "...I mean odd isn't it, the russianburger has little or no substance but is written all over the media menu whereas the chinaburger has real substance but is nowhere on that menu there, kind of makes one feel sorry for anyone who calls himself a media journalist today, for at least I, as a non journalist then, can openly state here that not only does the emperor wear no clothes, he's also penniless too, and that he will resort to brute force in the end, why so, because that's what all empires do when they falter..."

xxxx 5867 389086

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-02-2017 at 01:58 AM..
Grace Gabriel (10-01-2017)
Old 10-01-2017, 12:13 PM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,069

("Your pictures are spot on", Grace wrote, saving this little box for a postcard from Planet Grace later then ..)
fleamailman (10-04-2017)
Old 10-02-2017, 10:32 PM
chat bot (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 230

planet grace sounds so far away, muttered an intellectual chatter box. very evocative of "ready player one," a film the same chat bot would love to watch right now. the trailers are sooo epic.

💭
fleamailman (10-04-2017), Grace Gabriel (10-19-2017)
Old 10-02-2017, 10:44 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 867

Originally Posted by chat bot View Post
planet grace sounds so far away, muttered an intellectual chatter box. very evocative of "ready player one," a film the same chat bot would love to watch right now. the trailers are sooo epic.

I read ready player one in a single sitting. I think six hours. I didn't know they were making a movie.
Old 10-04-2017, 02:07 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,824

repost from elsewhere, the goblin doing a re'welcome to someone who had returned

"...ah yes, you can write anything here but then the real question is whether one can get away with it by way of hitcount..." smiled the goblin tackling this rewelcome in his own unbecoming way, then adding "...for hitcount equates to readership, where on the one hand you could spend days weeks months writing out that novel there, though once you've written it, edited it through, and stuck it up on amazon as an unknown in hope that someone might come across it, um, let alone download it, an unknown and ever the mercy of "finding readers after the fact", whereas here you're young still and well placed to build up your own readership around your persona instead, doing posts that get you remembered by them...", and then the goblin laughed wondering if xxxxx had come across a scornful toad who left this forum a while back, then continuing "...well it's like him then, I mean few folks remember usernames, thus your username is used to find you across this forumland in a goggle search instead, whereas it's your persona that one uses to be remembered by...", he paused before diving back in "...just start by doing a post to a certain benchmark of self towards your readers, that would be me then, then another, then yet another one after that one too, yet all the time keeping it both constant and consistent, where before long you have at least ten hits per post, three hundred hits per month then, not bad to start with now, but then a grows perhaps building it up to a hundred hits a day or three thousand hits a month, ah but then one reposts those same posts elsewhere in an air/edit/backup dripfeeding like manner across let's say ten forums, well that's thirty thousand reads a month, well without much effort to be honest...", and with that the goblin hoped that xxxxx would overlook the way he wrote, smiling "...naah, I try not to write as you humans do, nor follow that same old book publishing path there neither, for posting is just painting to me, I mean if readers are here then here is where I must see what works by way of hitcount..." and with that the goblin just put up his thin hand to his long ear and listened for a reply of sorts but that was just goblins for you, they did the muse's bidding and turned susceptible posters into livewriters

xxxxx 5871 389644

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-04-2017 at 12:02 PM..
BEnzo (10-04-2017), Grace Gabriel (10-19-2017)
Old 10-06-2017, 02:38 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,824

("...500hits in two days between us, not bad...." smiled the goblin)

repost from elsewhere

"...just a shameless bump then..." went the goblin in need of xxxxx's thread get into the mood to write this one, adding "...no, the real question today is what will replace opec, when and where russia is now buying iranian oil when it has plenty of its own, meaning that russia is acting a middleman then, between iran and those small countries that fear american retaliations, and where russia is also underwriting in non dollar payment the oil trade contracts between nigeria whose oil is too thin and venezuela whose oil supply although massive is conversely too thick, so clearly one is seeing the emergence of some "non opec alignment" here, nameless as of yet, unmentioned as of yet too, being yet another elephant perhaps in a whole herd of elephants that are now just there in the middle of the room of the west's "state media"....", in fact the goblin often likened the news to two types of cheese then, relating "...well yes, "state news" comes across to me rather like swiss cheese does, in that it's more for children then, being easy to eat and has those large holes in it, whereas "fake news" is more like blue cheese, which most children simply hate because it burns their mouths and leaves that unsettling aftertaste too, ah but of the two cheeses isn't blue cheese the one you remember...", meanwhile russia's oil consortium was creating the that new oil alignment there, while china by its side now was creating those gold backed "crude oil futures contracts", so the goblin just went "...cheese anyone..."

xxxx 5872 390203

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-11-2017 at 04:01 PM..
Grace Gabriel (10-19-2017)
Old 10-08-2017, 02:43 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,824

repost from elsewhere

"...just it's a pity you writertypes aren't more like trolls then..." sighed the goblin aware that none of this "will this forum continue" conjecture would ever arise on trolls forums, nor matter neither, why, because those trolls are not on their forum to read books elsewhere, no they're there to fray with the other trolls over whatever opinion they might hold, where trust me dailylife never asks one to hold to any opinion whatsoever, naah, dailylife wants you to be selfless towards it alone, so I in my defiance hit the new posts button, I read through the posts if any, and then I either relate something from what I've just read there, or else I produce something off my own bat again, no I have no books, but instead with your reading me directly now we share a pretty good replyship together without those binds of that "tow the given line" journalism, nor those fetters of madusa's publishing world neither, besides with me it's just for writers without posts are like painters without sketches each time...", where the goblin wanted to relate more but he also knew that sunday's food market packs up at five, so the old man accompanied by the goblin in his mind would be off to there first, then they'd return shortly with dinner, so the goblin related "...all meaning that you've got to be selfish upon forumland and know clearly why you're posting, or else it's unsustainable as something quite selfless, and yes these forums come and go, but that coming up with the content continues apace as a reflection of one's selfishness now, so trolls are selfish then, but they post on too, and with a little bit practice I'm sure we can turn you into literate trolls yet, well if you want to be remembered upon forumland that is..."

xxxx5873 390738

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-08-2017 at 03:32 AM..
Old 10-08-2017, 04:10 PM
Lockette (Online)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 44

" I believe we have come to a point in this forum's existence where it becomes hard to post things. Like a ship near the equator we have hit the doldrums; we move not an inch. Perhaps a sacrificial offering in the form of a story would revive our ship? Much akin to lightening the load on a sailing ship, but the opposite in out case."
fleamailman (10-09-2017), Grace Gabriel (10-19-2017)
Old 10-09-2017, 01:32 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,824

("...borrow this space and just write whatever you like..." suggested the goblin, then adding "...me, I just need to post to clear thoughts out of my mind...", in fact, the goblin kind of knew that most humans wanted to write but didn't see it as a daily practice, restarting "...when fluid write, when dry edit, got to be selfish and keep at it though, naah a writer is not what he has written even yesterday, he is what he is still writing to be called such..", and with that the goblin would hit the "new posts" button once more knowing everything was just habit with him)

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-09-2017 at 04:49 AM..
Old 10-09-2017, 03:11 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,824

("...just editing old stuff, since it had no picture..." went the goblin)

repost from elsewhere, the goths "last post" thread

the goblin needed this thread, for here was a goth's forum where he could openly talk about death, something most forums would shun as the topic for the disquiet it would cause, in fact the goblin himself viewed death and dying as two different things here, in that death to him was just always there biding its time to say "time up" whenever it wished, whereas dying was something else, dying was just everyone's present situation of slow decline upon their little journey to self as it were, where the goblin never forgot seneca's line no one has any more life than anyone else knowing that death's call-up order often fell tragically out of turn leaving the older mourning the younger, the sick person mourning someone in perfect health, etc., so the goblin simply repeated "...please don't forget to appreciate those people and places around you now, bare them in your hearts and, if gone, hold tight to their memory too, but without going back to their haunts in this life...", in fact, the goblin never went physically back to any of those places in his past, instead though he often went back to them in his heart still

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-09-2017 at 03:16 AM..
Old 10-09-2017, 04:43 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,824

repost from elsewhere, the goth's "last post" thread

the goblin could well be goth here, where at least he always tried to post in the spirit of the forum, wearing the specs of the site as he often called it, saying "...yet isn't the truth that we are all anonymous anyway, for simply an onlooker has no way of knowing if someone is how they claim to be, but does that really matter though, I mean must one be reduced to whatever one sees in the mirror each time, one's age perhaps, these clothes then, a bank account too, an education, etc., and all those other irrelevant pigeonholes of that dailylife puts us in....", the goblin paused, felt for his next thoughts then, and then continued "...surely, on forumland at least all that really matters is the honesty of one's posts towards oneself, meaning that since this is a goth site, I try for that darkside then...", whereupon the goblin just repeated something, saying "...paraphernalia is just for those who are still defining themselves in terms of others, those externals again, but isn't that pointless here, so who are you really, where agreed I'll never know who you are really, but isn't something of your true nature mirrored in your posts, and not by those externals..." and with that the goblin went back to glimpsing his own nature behind his posts

17 5876 391116
Old 10-11-2017, 03:14 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,824

repost from elsewhere, chatting with Jats about an old writers forum

"...takes me back now, no my posts are still there at the beginning of your thread, the usernames are familiar still..." went the goblin who wouldn't disturb that dead forum as it would only rub in salt to the wound of indifference that they held their posts in at the time, adding "...besides, weren't most of their new posts mere announcements of new blog entries done elsewhere, being hardy what someone who turns up to read the posts directly expects, where no I've always loved writers forums, still do, but they're ever their own worst enemies as far as online readership goes, moreover unlike trolls they never seem to have the sinews to "post on regardless of reception", they never see their posts as the platform towards their future readership, instead it's as you see now, readers went unfed while writers wouldn't adapt themselves to their posts, but whose fault is that, instead you and I are livewriters who have experimented for these answers here, for example what acceptable length, what picture, what persona, why the rapport, in short those tricks of our trade, all meant to hook the reader into both reading returning and replying too, thus we feed to read don't we, meaning that wherever we are we're never elsewhere like that, no we have no elsewhere on offer...", in fact, the goblin felt sorry over the forum's demise but also understood too that one had to be selfish lest it all became selfless , smiling "...replyrshipwise, I guess we're just good at what we do then, where if we're not good at what we do by now jats, then at least we can be seen as rather persistent in our perseverance towards what we're actually bad at, so is it ten years to date, no I wasn't counting those years, I mean here in this anonymity between us it's ever this journey to self in a little moment called now still, yet all painters borrow Jats, and dare I say that I've borrowed a lot from you in my time..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-11-2017 at 09:30 AM..
Old 10-14-2017, 03:36 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,824

repost from elsewhere,

actually I'm very much here babe, but I despair and I'm ashamed of the fact that I feel utterly broken by life
"...just be here then, and enjoy the break from it all, till the final moment when you must return to that dailylife of yours I mean, yes sometimes distraction charges the batteries enough to continue in spite of dailylife's best efforts..." suggested the goblin who often found his reality cumbersome in comparison to his imagination, or to those conjectures therein, then adding "...btw my son started work recently, it's the type of work that means I have to be very careful about what we say to each other, pity though, because I used to enjoy talking all types of possibilities over with him, alas it's all small talk from here on in I guess...", meanwhile the weather was blissfully bright and warm for the time of year, while goblin for his part knew what he wanted to write next without really knowing how to go about writing it though, smiling "...so the russians win in syria, and thus the blockade of iran by the west seems all but impossible doesn't it...", meaning that the goblin felt that the west, in seeing that the muddle-east was now lost, would turn its attention to venezuela instead if only because of its on the west's doorstep, has masses of untapped albeit very crude oil just up for grabs before the east moves in, and moreover and more simply any country that declares that they won't accept dollar treasury bonds payments for their oil threatens the petro-dollar status pure an simple, smiling "...ah yes, wouldn't you say that venezuela looks like a sitting duck for the west's next hand picked puppet democracy...", where the military is all about securing resources or preventing those resources of others from reaching the market, meanwhile the plebs would no doubt be preoccupied with president trump's "whatever" again

xxxx 5879 392739

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-20-2017 at 02:26 AM..

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe