WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics

Character Clinics Come and discover new things about your characters

Joyce Stewart

Old 11-08-2013, 06:00 PM
InfractusAlae (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 4
Default Joyce Stewart

I consider, my home to be the City by the Bay, if you don't know where I am talking about it is San Francisco. I am sure you have at least heard of that. Most people have not heard of the area I was born, Bath County, Virginia. Perhaps though you have heard of Warm Springs?

Twenty-eight years ago I moved west after I graduated college, at twenty-three, as a journalism major.

Joyce is a pseudonym I use in all my writing, and as often as I can in my real life. I do not like my given name. And I rarely tell it to strangers.

I have experienced marriage, but it did not last long. However it lasted long enough to give me a son, Jamie. His real name is James Dean Stewart. Named after two of my favorite actors. My husband, I do not like to talk about much. Even now, the memories are too painful.

Anything else you want to know, just ask.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:53 AM
Ilseum (Offline)
Fantastic Little Fox

Thanks 633

Hello, Joyce!

What made you decided to do journalism? And why do you not like your real name?

From your explanation, can I understand that you left your husband with your son?

How is your relationship with Jamie? And with your parents?

Why is the sky blue?
Old 11-10-2013, 05:19 PM
InfractusAlae (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 4

I’ve been a story teller since I’ve been five when I would tell Mama what Petey, who was nearly six years my senior, had been doing while she was in the coal mines. I can still remember sitting in bed as Mama would brush out my chestnut hair telling her the accounts of the day. Petey was never too happy with me, called me a tattle tale. But Mama would hang on to every word, maybe because she liked to be attentive. I doubt it was because I have the flare for a creative tale, I do today.

In order to be taken seriously and not some hick hillbilly, I made the choice to change my name to something more fitting an up and coming journalist.

More like my husband left us. The day our son was born he decided he didn't care much for fatherhood and the responsibilities that came with it.

My son, is everything to me. My world revolves around him, for better or worse. Though he is not always easy to live with. He's been battling a disorder he inherited from his father for the last eight years.

As for my parents, my papa died when I was three in a coal mining accident, and my mama died a little over ten years later of consumption.

Now why is the sky blue. Science was never my strong point, but as I recall it has something to do with the atmosphere acting like a prism for the sun's light. If you want a more concise answer I can research it for you.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:34 AM
RyleyAlexander (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 9

What disorder does your son have?

Is there no cure? Or can you not afford the cure?

Can he die from it?

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics