WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

My First Full Length Novel!!!

Old 03-12-2016, 10:34 AM
ShannonMMetcalf (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0
Default My First Full Length Novel!!!

This is my first full length novel...

Lycanthropy: Blood-Ties. It's a 600+ page novel, about a girl in her mid teens who must not only combat her lycanthrope gene, but the evil magic that plots to spread it on a global scale. I know, it's a mouthful, but it's intense, dark, twisted, bloody; it has transformations both physically and spiritually, believe it or not. And it will have you even feeling for the bad guys of the story.

If you wish to purchase said book, it's up on Amazon Kindle for only 99 cents!

I can't post any links yet, so I'll put that in a later post. If you'd like a link now, I'll send it to you either on here or via e-mail.

Feel free to give it a preview read first before deciding to purchase. I'd also appreciate a review if you don't mind. . Also feel free to message me on here if you want to know more about me.

Old 03-12-2016, 10:44 AM
daes13 (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 415

I'd appreciate at least a guise of actual intent to participate within this group, as opposed to masturbatory self-promoting.

Writers are just the worst. So self-absorbed...
Old 03-12-2016, 10:45 AM
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0
Default Here's an update for Lycanthropy: Blood-Ties

Here's the link I couldn't post earlier!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Lycanthropy-Bl...opy+blood+ties
Old 03-12-2016, 10:46 AM
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0

I'm sorry, I'm just trying to post as much as I can so I can actually put up posts everywhere else. I'll put up actual work soon! Again, I'm sorry.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:48 AM
daes13 (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 415

What if, now this is just a crazy suggestion on my part, in lieu of plastering yourself everywhere you maybe, if you have the time and capability, review other people's work and actually contribute something constructive as opposed to a one line platitude? I know it might seem crazy but... It could just work!
Old 03-15-2016, 03:41 AM
Rincewind (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 141

Firstly, terrible sales technique, secondly, the first thing people will see when they read the preview is the god awful formatting on the table of contents, resulting in probable zero sales. Sort that out otherwise you have no chance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:54 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 4,065

("...so welcome to writersbeat forum here..." softly voiced the goblin in a consolatory tone before he dipped his hand into his pocket to pull out writersbeat fidelity card, saying "...the card works rather like your shopping card does in that one does a post and depending upon what one has written some folks will read it as shown by the hitcount, and then another post by you perhaps gets more hits still, where after awhile they take note and you become noteworthy by it, still more of those hit generating posts and you accumulate a following, till finally you get such a following that they follow you from here to your book even, and then from that book to all your other books too...", where there must be thousand of books already out there by now, and where one's posts are one's ambassadors, smiling "...ah, but I dare say that you wouldn't trust me now if I invited you to elsewhere making you pay for your pains so to speak, meaning the book kind of starts from the posts instead, and the plot from those lines therein...", and with that the goblin held out the card for Shannon to take from him while hoping he was not being too forward by it, smiling "...tell me more, converse with me awhile as your presence shows committal on your part...", where commitment was ever a good thing as long as it didn't blind one those readers around one here)

Last edited by fleamailman; 03-16-2016 at 02:53 AM..
Old 03-15-2016, 10:19 PM
wyf (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Official Member

Thanks 126

Tsk. He won't last long.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:23 PM
wyf (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 126

Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
Firstly, terrible sales technique, secondly, the first thing people will see when they read the preview is the god awful formatting on the table of contents, resulting in probable zero sales. Sort that out otherwise you have no chance.
I thought you were being quite harsh so I read some of the preview. The first grammatical error was in the first sentence. Its really not very well edited.
Old 03-16-2016, 12:23 AM
Devon (Offline)
Guard Dog and Playful Pup
Senior Moderator

Thanks 1,696

The first grammatical error was in the first sentence.
Agreed.

Shannon, honestly . . . you might want to look at getting yourself a good editor. (And I'm not saying that because I edit for a living. Lol! Although, if you wanted to talk, drop me a PM.)

Poor editing is one of the top things that will drive down ratings and get you poor reviews. Authors should always, always release the best possible product, otherwise you'll be shooting yourself in the foot right from the get-go.

Twisty mind candy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-16-2016, 10:46 AM
wyf (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 126

Devon, that's a job you wouldn't want. I mean, 600 pages of that? better if he just sends you a synopsis and you ghost write it for him from scratch!
Old 03-16-2016, 10:41 PM
Rincewind (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 141

Originally Posted by wyf View Post
Devon, that's a job you wouldn't want. I mean, 600 pages of that? better if he just sends you a synopsis and you ghost write it for him from scratch!
I've seen worse first drafts. Probably needs a rewrite before anything else. Saying that though, Devon even managed to make me look good with her editing skills so anything's possible

Old 03-17-2016, 06:42 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 4,065

(and with that the goblin returned, saying "...what is needed at this point is a youtube stream of your book there, but not streams of all your books mind you, nor of only part of a book like as in an extract neither as that only alienates the reader who you are trying to woo who is looking for something to listen to, and thus the reader starts listening to your book while in his car or at home perhaps, after which once they have grown addicted to what they have heard from you, you can then offer them the chance to buy your latest work, after which, and seeing that a decent interval has passed since that point, you can then turn that book into another youtube stream repeating the process, why, because by then you'll probably have another book ready for them to then purchase instead...", ah but didn't everyone know that goblins were not to be trusted here)

Last edited by fleamailman; 03-17-2016 at 06:55 AM..

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe