WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

A Few Suggestions

Old 05-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Jaz D (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 0
Default A Few Suggestions

Hello all.

I have some suggestions that I want to post, but I couldn't find a suggestions forum, so I want to write them here. Please feel free to move this thread to another suitable forum if necessary.

Anyway, here they are:

1) The colors--in my opinion--are a little bit off. I the blend of the warm and cold colors is not harmonious. Changing the colors to a mix of, let us say, blue and silver, or white and silver would make it more comfortable to look at the forums for a longer period of time.

2) How about adding a jumper panel at the end of the page? So if you want to move from a forum/subforum to another you can just click the jumper panel and select the desired location. It would make navigation far more easier and faster.

One last thing while I am on it: I wonder if someone can help me in changing my user name from "Saint" to "Jaz D", I would really appreciate it if that's possible.

And many thanks for the people who run this place, great job!

Thank you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:21 PM
ronoxQ (Offline)
Eye in the Sky
Official Member

Thanks 2

1) I dunno. White and silver are smoother, to be sure, but they're not warm colors by any stretch of the imagination. Some of the colors are very blockish, though, which may not quite be easy on the eyes. The only trick would be figuring out how to replace that sort of thing without losing the sort of rustic feel this place has. It's something to think about, though.

2) I know there used to be a jumper, indeed. Don't know where it went off to. Maybe Daniel accidentally deleted it, or disabled it?
Old 05-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Cordatus (Offline)
Viscount of Vainglorious Deeds
Official Member

Thanks 19

Originally Posted by Saint
The colors--in my opinion--are a little bit off. I the blend of the warm and cold colors is not harmonious. Changing the colors to a mix of, let us say, blue and silver, or white and silver would make it more comfortable to look at the forums for a longer period of time.
How about adding a jumper panel at the end of the page? So if you want to move from a forum/subforum to another you can just click the jumper panel and select the desired location. It would make navigation far more easier and faster.
Daniel is currently trying to change many things in the layout. Maybe he can consider altering the black colour [if that is what you mean]. I agree though--the colours here clash a bit.

The 'Menu' and the 'Writing' drop-down menus act like the classic vB forum jumper.

One last thing while I am on it: I wonder if someone can help me in changing my user name from "Saint" to "Jaz D", I would really appreciate it if that's possible.
I'll get back to you on this.

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe