WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself; we're all writers here, nothing to hide!

Resurrected Writer

Old 09-07-2017, 04:20 AM
SecretDurham (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 4
Default Resurrected Writer

Mae Giovanon...

While I joined this writers forum some time ago, I felt it was premature to do so.

After some time, I thought to return here. And so I have.

I look for ward to reading some of your works, and hope you would do like wise.

Many thanks, SecretDurham.

The Following User Says Thank You to SecretDurham For This Useful Post:
Myers (09-07-2017)
Old 09-07-2017, 01:05 PM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,029

Good to have you back. Nice to see your movements around the site - hope they'll be a piece of writing you want to share with us shortly.
SecretDurham (09-08-2017)
Old 09-08-2017, 03:26 AM
SecretDurham (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 4

Thanks, Grace.

Nice to be here, even if it is an oddity of sorts to navigate.

I have posted a short story in the Fiction thread The Four Bikers of the Apocalypse. I wrote it after a chat with my youngest son, who asked:- "What do you think the Four Horsemen would do if they came for a vacation, instead of bringing the end of days upon the world?"

Well, we had some laughs about it and I just put fingers to keys that night. It is unedited and swiftly written, but has made me smile while reading it back.

I hope you will take a look and let me know your thoughts.

Once again, thanks for the welcome back.

SecretDurham
Old 09-08-2017, 05:13 AM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,029

Originally Posted by SecretDurham View Post
Thanks, Grace.

Nice to be here, even if it is an oddity of sorts to navigate.

I have posted a short story in the Fiction thread The Four Bikers of the Apocalypse. I wrote it after a chat with my youngest son, who asked:- "What do you think the Four Horsemen would do if they came for a vacation, instead of bringing the end of days upon the world?"

Well, we had some laughs about it and I just put fingers to keys that night. It is unedited and swiftly written, but has made me smile while reading it back.

I hope you will take a look and let me know your thoughts.

Once again, thanks for the welcome back.

SecretDurham
I look forward to reading that tonight with a coffee.

By the way - your handle keeps making me hum The Pink Panther tune...

durham durham...durham..durham durham durham durham dur hammmm...diddle eh dada.

Last edited by Grace Gabriel; 09-08-2017 at 05:19 AM..
Old 09-08-2017, 05:37 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,727

("...welcome to writersbeat, think of us as "just here to hear you out" now..." went the goblin intent to converse with those who'd converse back with him here, then adding "...can I not interest you in one of these perhaps...", as he then dipped his hand into his pocket to pull out a wad of "writersbeat fidelity cards" before holding one out in the palm of his smallish but long hand, explaining "...all very simple now, first one does a post and in doing so some other poster views it, being your points perhaps or your hitcount then, and then one does another post and it gets yet still more views to it, hitcount goes up, till after awhile one has done enough posts to some consistency that that one's posting gains one some recognition, recognition of one's persona as someone noteworthy, afterwhich though, and with a bit of luck too, one does yet more posts still to the point where one gains a following, till lastly one gets such a following that they then follow you off the forum itself to your other writings elsewhere, not that I have any elsewhere though...", and yes the hand still had to card within it, and the goblin had made it all sound so easy too, only that SecretDurham was thinking that no there had to some trick to it or else the goblin wouldn't be so amenable in his smiling manner, just goblins weren't like that he knew, "...no he's offering you a threadmill there, sign up and you have to keep going..." went the slot's whispering voice in the background, for that was ever the truth of it)

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-08-2017 at 05:48 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
SecretDurham (09-08-2017)
Old 09-08-2017, 07:45 AM
SecretDurham (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 4

By the way - your handle keeps making me hum The Pink Panther tune...

durham durham...durham..durham durham durham durham dur hammmm...diddle eh dada.

If I had a Pound sterling for each time... Haha!

It came from a book I was writing many years ago... One chapter was Secrets of Durham, the book was lost to a corrupted file, but the name came from it... So I guess it was not lost for nothing. Gotta keep the chin well and truly up.

SD
Old 09-08-2017, 07:49 AM
SecretDurham (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 4

Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
("...welcome to writersbeat, think of us as "just here to hear you out" now..." went the goblin intent to converse with those who'd converse back with him here, then adding "...can I not interest you in one of these perhaps...", as he then dipped his hand into his pocket to pull out a wad of "writersbeat fidelity cards" before holding one out in the palm of his smallish but long hand, explaining "...all very simple now, first one does a post and in doing so some other poster views it, being your points perhaps or your hitcount then, and then one does another post and it gets yet still more views to it, hitcount goes up, till after awhile one has done enough posts to some consistency that that one's posting gains one some recognition, recognition of one's persona as someone noteworthy, afterwhich though, and with a bit of luck too, one does yet more posts still to the point where one gains a following, till lastly one gets such a following that they then follow you off the forum itself to your other writings elsewhere, not that I have any elsewhere though...", and yes the hand still had to card within it, and the goblin had made it all sound so easy too, only that SecretDurham was thinking that no there had to some trick to it or else the goblin wouldn't be so amenable in his smiling manner, just goblins weren't like that he knew, "...no he's offering you a threadmill there, sign up and you have to keep going..." went the slot's whispering voice in the background, for that was ever the truth of it)

Well, having read some of your previous posts elsewhere, Flea. I believe the Goblin within your mind, might actually be who you are... Don't mind conversing with Goblins, but those Orc's are right buggers. Never say what they mean, and never mean what they say. It's a right Moggorish thing that they do!

Thanks for the advice, Flea. Glad to be here, and will find my way around in time.

SD
Old 09-08-2017, 10:29 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,727

("...think nothing of it then..." replied the goblin who always wrote badly in the first writing out of anything, repeating "...no the good thing about doing these "welcomes" like this is that one can repeat one's point to someone new each time, enough tries and one gets it right, or just a bit righter perhaps, no the question in your shoes I suppose would be how to bring that plot of yours into your surroundings, where one is always surrounded by these readers who don't think of themselves as readers as such but who still follow the posters for their plots...", in fact, those who knew the goblin from way back knew too that it was all a bit of a studied madness on his part, perhaps like where the brushstrokes of the painting told the viewer whose painting it was then without their looking a the signature below, adding "...alas, few writers think in terms of their persona, but if one gets to the stage where they know who you are without looking at your username, then let's just say that "fidelity card" I gave you before has served its purpose now, so good luck then...", and with that the goblin was off to find another victim for his welcomes, oh yes nowhere quite like writersbeat he felt)

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-08-2017 at 10:36 AM..
Old 09-08-2017, 10:53 AM
SecretDurham (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 4

Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
("...think nothing of it then..." replied the goblin who always wrote badly in the first writing out of anything, repeating "...no the good thing about doing these "welcomes" like this is that one can repeat one's point to someone new each time, enough tries and one gets it right, or just a bit righter perhaps, no the question in your shoes I suppose would be how to bring that plot of yours into your surroundings, where one is always surrounded by these readers who don't think of themselves as readers as such but who still follow the posters for their plots...", in fact, those who knew the goblin from way back knew too that it was all a bit of a studied madness on his part, perhaps like where the brushstrokes of the painting told the viewer whose painting it was then without their looking a the signature below, adding "...alas, few writers think in terms of their persona, but if one gets to the stage where they know who you are without looking at your username, then let's just say that "fidelity card" I gave you before has served its purpose now, so good luck then...", and with that the goblin was off to find another victim for his welcomes, oh yes nowhere quite like writersbeat he felt)
Erm... Yeah, I guess you have a good point there, Flea. Method in madness, or a strange sanity... Only the Goblin knows! Haha! Cool!
fleamailman (09-08-2017)

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions