WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself; we're all writers here, nothing to hide!

Hello everyone

Old 07-29-2017, 06:01 AM
LinXena (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Send a message via Skype™ to LinXena
Default Hello everyone

I'm Lin, and I tried to sign up here as XenaLin but it doesn't seem to have worked properly since I never got a link to my email to verify, and after I PM'd and recieved a reply-PM from Mohican about having me manually registered as a new member, I couldn't PM at all anymore so I couldn't reply =/ I tried posting but it kept saying I had to get a staff to approve the post first. So if the membername XenaLin could be removed I'd be happy, 'cause that was me trying to become a full member =) I didn't mean to double register but since I couldn't get the other one to work properly I felt I had to since I couldn't even PM =/ after that reply.

Anyway. I'm Lin, I'm from the westcoast of Sweden where I live and work. I am a medical secretary by profession so I type for a living even if it's not the things I want to type for real.
I'm turning 38 this year. I live near the city of Gothenburg in a rental apartment I share with two very cocky but cowardly budgies (parakeets (birds)).
I have written ever since I learned how to basically, always coming up with my own stories, sometimes I based them off of other stories that already existed.
The past few years though I've lost my mojo and I'm desperate in getting it back. I think I've tried every trick in the book (pardon the pun) to get it back, even waiting and taking things slow but nope.
I've written a few words or a paragraph here and there but nothing that I could build on.

I'd love to make some writing friends and I'm always open for a chat, I'm not good at reviewing or analysing things so don't ask me to do that. At least not too much but I am happy to chat with you =) Just PM or send me a message on an IM =) Just state that you're from here if you send an IM message =) otherwise I will ignore you.

Old 07-29-2017, 06:48 AM
eripiomundus (Offline)
The Next Bard

Thanks 109

Hey Lin. Welcome to the Beat. Your English is excellent by the way.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:10 AM
Tally (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 7

Hi Lin

I'm new here this week too, came here for slightly different reasons but I do understand what you're saying.

Hope you find your inspiration soon!

Tally x
Old 07-29-2017, 11:05 AM
LinXena (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Originally Posted by eripiomundus View Post
Your English is excellent by the way.
Why thank you I forgot to mention that English isn't my first language and that I'm bound to use wrong grammar or spell a word wrong lol.

However when I do write .. I tend to write in English. I feel more comfortable somehow.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:01 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 846

Originally Posted by LinXena View Post
Why thank you I forgot to mention that English isn't my first language and that I'm bound to use wrong grammar or spell a word wrong lol.

However when I do write .. I tend to write in English. I feel more comfortable somehow.

It's interesting you write in English. I've run across lots of people who write in a language other than their native one. Most say it's because there are more readers of work in English. Is that why you do?

I speak enough Spanish to probably write something in Spanish (with help from google translate), but I couldn't imagine being able to convey complex ideas.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:56 PM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,045

Hello Lin,

Lovely to have you on board and thanks for spending some time on a great introduction. I'm in awe of your command of English as a second language.

Please don't be nervous or self conscious about offering feedback on work. This is a friendly and relaxed site - no divas, or people being precious about their art! Some of us have been literally reading each other's work here for years, so critique has naturally reduced to short comments on whether we enjoyed it or not and 'off topic' ramblings. Ultimately, I think all anybody wants is a natural response on a piece - not a pseudo-intellectual debate on where a full stop should sit.

So have a wander, and just post your natural reactions - we're not looking for clever stuff.

Don't be put off by my avatar - i'm extremely friendly and have never handled a gun

Look forward to seeing you around x
Old 07-30-2017, 12:55 AM
LinXena (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thank you both for the welcome

It's interesting you write in English. I've run across lots of people who write in a language other than their native one. Most say it's because there are more readers of work in English. Is that why you do?
I've never really thought about why I write in English, probably because I feel more comfortable as I write something in English everyday as my social life is constricted to online and I speak mostly to Englishspeaking people.
Some years ago, I spoke regularly on an IM to several people that spoke English as their native tongue.
It feels more natural I guess for me to write in English somehow.
The Following User Says Thank You to LinXena For This Useful Post:
Grace Gabriel (07-30-2017)

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions