Introduction to the 2012 Play by Posting Prize
Welcome to the 2012 Play by Posting Creative Mind Short Story Competition. This event is to inspire prolific writers to share their creativity and imagination. Our goal is to make a major influence for writers to store their creative talents on a site they can trust. This is where Play by Posting takes place. Let us make this site an enjoyable community for future authors to enjoy such works in one place.
Entry Requirements and Content Guidelines for the 2012 competition
- All entries must be in English.
- All entries must be original works from the writer who creates them.
- All entrants must state clearly on the first page of their entries that they (original first and last name) are the authors of the work submitted.
- All entries must be provided in words document (preferably the latest installment) and sent as an email attachment to email@example.com.
- All entries must be spell-checked and properly tested prior to submission.
- As this is a competition for short story fiction it is required that the total length of the entry does not exceed 20,000 words. Having said this, the entry can create as many chapters as necessary as long as the word count doesn’t exceed.
- The entry can be of any genre. If the story provides extreme violence or erotica then please make sure to mention it in the front of the story as a warning label.
- There is no entry fee.
- All rights remain with the author and the author may withdraw their entry at any time during the course of the competition.
- An entrant can submit only one entry.
- All participants must have a valid PayPal account at the time of submission. Only at the time of winning a prize will you be asked for your PayPal details.
Competition Deadlines for 2012
The following competition calendar applied for the 2012 competition.
1st of March - Competition Guidelines released
1st of August - Entry Submissions begin
7th of September - Entry Submissions ends
14th of September - Voting Begins
30th October - Voting Closes
7th November = Winners announced
The Play by Posting Creative Mind Short Story Competition prize is awarded on the basis of reader popularity and a panel of Writing Critique Judges. The voting system is as follows:
Prize - Winning Entrant
The winner of the Play by Posting Creative Mind Short Story competition will receive the following:
- A valid vote must be forwarded by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A valid vote must nominate the two gamebooks most favored by the voter from the competition entrants. A vote with less than two nominations will not be accepted. A vote forwarded with more than two nominations will only have the first two accounted for in the voting score.
- Only one voter email is allowed per reader. All votes will be checked for duplication of email addresses.
- Feedback to the authors may be forwarded to the competition sponsors at email@example.com. All feedback given will be provided to authors at the end of competition as a part of the email notification of results.
- Also be advised that professional criticism from valued sources will also provide feedback to help aid the vote for the winner.
Prize – 2nd Place Award
- $150 (US Dollars) to be paid within 48 hours into a PayPal account of the winner's choosing. As this is an international competition it has been decided that PayPal is the best mechanism for distributing the prize. If you do not have access to a valid PayPal account the cash prize cannot be paid.
- Indefinite featured hosting of their story on the site. This is optional and is at the discretion of the winning entrant.
If you have any questions regarding information contained here, they can be forwarded through firstname.lastname@example.org and will be answered promptly.
- One entry shall also be chosen for the Play by Posting Creative Mind Short Story Second Place Award. The winner shall receive a cash prize of $20 and indefinite featuring of their story at the site. As with the hosting of the winning entry this is optional and is at the discretion of the entrant.