WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing

Free Writing Plot bunnies, random musings, etc. No one-liners.

Peace amongst Man (yeah, I mean Woman, also)

Old 01-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 1,262
Default Peace amongst Man (yeah, I mean Woman, also)

Where did it start, this hurtfulness we visit upon one another? Anyone knows no one can know this.

Many are able to trace through time to when they (their tribe, family, faith,- you get the idea) were wronged. Most feel some sort of balancing (can we all scream "PAYBACK" together?) is fair.

Once coup is counted a new round of competition (okay, o.k.- sometimes the term 'combat' is more appropriate a descriptor) begins.

So a reasonable (well, to me it seems reasonable) question is (assuming 'civilization' is not 'insanity') when will we be even?
What has to happen for all this murder, rape, hunger, economic enslavement (and so on) to stop?

Is it possible?
Is reality conceptual?
Partly conceptual?

I watch (and sometimes interact with) approximately twenty people who put forth their works into various fields of storytelling (yes-I do mean Poetry amongst the other headings) on a Writers website.

And I watch them trade opinions.
Viewpoints

Sometimes it gets messy.
Moderators are moved to move people apart. Post humorlessly.

It seems the slanting is often barbed.
Less often balmed (please, this isn't a criticism- merely an observation).

If this community is a microcosm or even a partial microcosm of the macro/world, what would need to happen for massage to be in vogue?

For maul to fall away?

Perhaps, in a world more concerned with advising me of the latest I Phone app rather than ensuring that everyone of us can grow a vegetable or some fruit, such wonderment is indication of this author's inner imbalance.

Nothing more.

Oh. There is something more.
I want to say
Thank you for being yourself, Tobias Schneebaum.
And, wherever you are, I send to you a caress of peace.

Okay. That's all folks and thank you for your patience.

Last edited by Nick Pierce; 07-22-2017 at 05:18 AM.. Reason: G.G.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:00 PM
Gritsy (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 91
Send a message via Yahoo to Gritsy

Hey there my friend,

I see your inner promulgation and I raise you one.

Directions for cleaning up a messy world:

The world is messy. Is it fair or right to live in a house in which a mess is everywhere? You helped make the mess. Should you have to clean it up all by yourself without any help from others in the house? NO, Ab"soul"utely not! I am not your Mother and she doesn't live here. I am not your maid, either. At least, clean up your OWN room.

I think that's where it starts and ends, don't you? Everyone needs to clean up their own room. After they do this, they know how to clean but can get more practice in by helping to clean the common areas with whoever else lives in the house. Now during the break, apply the analogy to the world we live in! Thank you and "Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, where ever you are!"

Love the thoughts Nick...as always a great read.
Hugs and Blessings!

Always,

Gritsy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gritsy For This Useful Post:
Nick Pierce (01-04-2013)
Old 01-05-2013, 06:03 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 135

Originally Posted by Gritsy View Post
"Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, where ever you are!"

Love the thoughts Nick...as always a great read. Hugs and Blessings!

Always,

Gritsy
I always thought Jimmy was referring to some little old Irish woman looking out her third floor window in their neighborhood down on Cherry Street, in lower Manhattan (an area near the South Street Seaport that was once an Irish stronghold where as a poor boy the future Governor of New York State, Alfred E. Smith, was born and raised).

I thought perhaps as a boy, Jimmy ran errands for her. But then I read Mrs. Calabash owned a diner down South (?) that Jimmy had eaten in while he was on tour. That's the skinny on her.

I'd still love to have his schnozzz filled with nickels.

Last edited by Cityboy; 01-05-2013 at 06:05 AM..
Old 05-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

Originally Posted by Nick Pierce View Post
Where did it start, this hurtfulness we visit upon one another? Anyone knows no one can know this.

Many are able to trace through time to when they (their tribe, family, faith,- you get the idea) were wronged. Most feel some sort of balancing (can we all scream "PAYBACK" together?) is fair.

Once coup is counted a new round of competition (okay, o.k.- sometimes the term 'combat' is more appropriate a descriptor) begins.

So a reasonable (well, to me it seems reasonable) question is (assuming 'civilization' is not 'insanity') when will we be even?
What has to happen for all this murder, rape, hunger, economic enslavement (and so on) to stop?

Is it possible?
Is reality conceptual?
Partly conceptual?

I watch (and sometimes interact with) approximately twenty people who put forth their works into various fields of storytelling (yes-I do mean Poetry amongst the other headings) on a Writers website.

Viewpoints

Sometimes it gets messy.

If this community is a microcosm or even a partial microcosm of the macro/world, what would need to happen for massage to be in vogue?

For maul to fall away?

Perhaps, in a world more concerned with advising me of the latest I Phone app rather than insuring that everyone of us can grow a vegetable or some fruit, such wonderment is indication of this author's inner imbalance.

Nothing more.

I want to say

Ahh,Tobias- you walked up to a group of cannabalistic headhunters and seven months later you walked away head and meat intact.

I can learn from that, pal.

And please excuse this reappearing, y'all.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:54 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

Ahh,Tobias- you walked up to a group of cannabalistic headhunters and seven months later you walked away head and meat intact.

I can learn from that, pal.

And please excuse this reappearing, y'all.

Nick, you misspelled cannabilistic.

Well, Mr. Pierce, I would quip "So eat me" but that would keep me from applying what I am learning.
So allow me to politey say "Thank You for your attention regarding the matter".

You are welcome, Nick.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:23 PM
Gritsy (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 91
Send a message via Yahoo to Gritsy

I had completely forgotten that I had written what I did but it wasn't that long ago, frankly. Anyhow, the mere fact that things have not changed but have gotten only worse is my indication to be certain my soul is well and my heart prepared as I refuse to participate in the slaughter of God Almighty.

I know one thing and one thing with certainty. HE has taught me how to be tender to my enemies and those who would detract from me. When I leave here, I expect HIM to meet me and tell me, "Well done, good and faithful servant." The world can go in a handbasket as we have been forwarned that it would but my eyes are set on peace for any and all around me. In the long run, it seems to be the "uncommon sensical" thing to do and it hurts much, much less.

It begins and ends with me. If I could pray for anything (and I can), I would pray that the whole of the world's people would figure that out and start acting like they are somebody of worth.

Blessings to you Nick,

Always, Gritsy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gritsy For This Useful Post:
Nick Pierce (05-05-2013)
Old 05-05-2013, 06:21 AM
Nadja

Kill everybody. It's the only solution.
Just kidding! (I think)
Old 05-05-2013, 08:43 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 135

Originally Posted by Nadja View Post
Just kidding! (I think)
Maybe, there is this battle between good and evil in an invisible realm taking place. Perhaps, it spills onto the visible plane where people are used as pawns in the fierce struggle to attain victory.

And, if there isn't an invisible battle? Well, then, people need to learn how to mind their own business. They need to dig their own holes and plant their own seeds. They need to get used to the idea of being happy with an adequate slice of pie, instead of wanting the entire bakery for themselves and wanting to make others their personal bakers.

Essentially people need to get their own freaking hands dirty, need to start carrying their own stones. We aren't pyramid builders any longer. Are we? Most people despise power and wealth, yet most still long to be Pharaohs. Mummified hypocrites right down to the bone marrow.

Last edited by Cityboy; 05-05-2013 at 09:36 AM..
Old 05-05-2013, 12:13 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

Originally Posted by Nadja View Post
Just kidding! (I think)
Patience (with one's self and others) is what this piece is all about.

It (patience with one's self and others) is what I learned (the value of) reading "Keep the river on your right" and "Where the spirits dwell".

Thanks again, friend Schneebaum.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:40 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

Is it possible?
Is reality conceptual?
Partly conceptual?

Viewpoints

Sometimes it gets messy.

For maul to fall away?

Perhaps, in a world more concerned with advising me of the latest I Phone app rather than insuring that everyone of us can grow a vegetable or some fruit, such wonderment is indication of this author's inner imbalance.

Nothing more.

I want to say

Tobias Schneebaum, Nick?
Really?

Easy, Pierce - I see the set up for he's an acquired taste but that ain't where I'm about with his reference.

And, Nick?

And anyone who does the research work for theirself is likely to be able to stay the course of this trail called life.

Think of it as a self growth chance, Pierce.

Sure, Nick.
Whatever.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:16 AM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,024

ensuring.

Still reading...just noticed that.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:10 AM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,024

Yeah, I love this one Piercey.

Some beautiful brush strokes...for maul to fall away...barbed and less often balmed...

Just bought Keep The River On Your Right for 79p on the internet.

Interesting links between Scneebaum, Edward Field and Frank O Hara.

Linked you to an interview - watch it with the knowledge that Ed's just had a row with his partner - who's begrudgingly fixing lunch in the kitchen whilst he does the interview.

There's something beautiful in the tribe giving ancestral skulls as a way of drawing Schneebaum into the family and gifting him their lineage.

https://youtu.be/vMZJN8AKYSg

https://youtu.be/nQtKuK39McY
Nick Pierce (07-22-2017)
Old 07-22-2017, 05:19 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

Originally Posted by Grace Gabriel View Post
ensuring.

Still reading...just noticed that.
Changed original.