WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Publishing > New Media

New Media Blog novels, podcasts, ebooks, and other writing technological newfangledness.

AdWords

Old 06-10-2011, 01:32 PM
longknife (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 89
Icon6 AdWords

Has anyone used this?
If so, any tips/suggestions or experiences would be appreciated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The history of the California missions

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Life in the military and general ramblings
Old 06-13-2011, 09:16 AM
longknife (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 89
Icon6

Originally Posted by Writing Time View Post
I tried it out a month ago when I opened the blog but got rejected for lack of content.
I signed up again two days ago and have to wait a week.
I don't expect to ever be swimming in money from it but an extra payday now and then is always welcome.
Any explanation about the "lack of content"?

Old 03-29-2012, 08:40 AM
Nnathan (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 4

Think you're talking about AdSense.
Adwords is advertising your own site in the google search engine. My tip: Read the Tips page and video tutorials of the programs before signing up. The google it up and read some more and then read some user experience in forums (to avoid making mistakes other people have made).
Then finally sign up and start in a small way to test the waters.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:14 PM
indmoss (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

I've dealt with google adsense before. They are infuriating. Adwords is primarily for ppc (pay per click) if you are an advertiser. As Nathan says Adsense is for blog publishers.

Fortunately there are other options than just adsense You can find 5 good alternatives to adsense at this link:

http://www.netchunks.com/5-best-alte...es-to-adsense/

I've used Chitika before, no complaints. I am an advertiser on Clicksor. They bend over backwards to help you out. They are worth a look.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:20 PM
kindleheart (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Originally Posted by Nnathan View Post
Think you're talking about AdSense.
Adwords is advertising your own site in the google search engine. My tip: Read the Tips page and video tutorials of the programs before signing up. The google it up and read some more and then read some user experience in forums (to avoid making mistakes other people have made).
Then finally sign up and start in a small way to test the waters.
That's right. For someone new to the internet marketing field they can be a little confusing to understand. AdSense is focused towards website owners and allows them to earn money by placing Google ads on their array of sites. Once a publisher site gets approved, it then becomes part of the ever growing 'content network' which is Google's huge list of websites from all around the world covering pretty much every subject on the planet.

The AdWords system primarily concentrates on advertisers that want to promote their products or services. Using a 'cost per click' or bidding based system, advertisers can get themselves to the top of the 'sponsored listings' and hopefully drive targeted traffic into sales or leads.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:07 AM
longknife (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 89
Icon6

From what I've read elsewhere, using AdWords to try to hype a book is a bad idea.
The best thing to do is use those things to your blog post that give search engines a chance to find you.

For example, for my blog on Father Serra, I use such stuff as Spanish California, Spanish Missions and so on.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Lin

Consider Project Wonderful, instead. The glory days of adsense are over. I recommended a writer site up PW up alongside their adsense ads and it took in about the same.
It's used by a lot of writers as a sort of "ad swap" since can both buy and sell space.

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Publishing > New Media