WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

oh how I hate editing posts, so share with me then

Old 09-07-2014, 01:59 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere

you know flea, I'd probably be interested in your point of view if you didn't post in some self-aggrandizing writing style I want to read from a persons point of view, not some 3rd person fiction . I don't like feeling I'm reading a editorial fluff piece from the huffington post
"...you're quite right I suppose..." apologized the goblin for the way he wrote, adding "...where it's true that if I were writing with you in mind and for you alone, then yes I'd probably have to keep it real simple much as you're suggesting there, but tell you what now, as a sign of my friendship towards you, just tell me when it's all over your head, that way I'll reword in a simpler manner so as not to have you feel too disheartened about yourself...", in fact, the the goblin didn't know what the huffington post was, but he had seen sesame street instead and thought that might be a starting point towards a readership that he had evidently been missing out upon

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:44 AM..
Old 09-07-2014, 02:00 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere

evening now, and the muse just looked back at the goblin, repeating , "...no, never write for others, you know that much I guess, just a post has to be something like all or nothing ..." her voice was deliberate now, continuing "...simply you alternate between the vision and its explanation each time, where if you write it's simply a repetition of that isn't it then, you walk between those two states each time, where one has to experience the vision for oneself to its full on the one hand while then being able to explain it to those who can't see your vision on the other...", just the muse was reiterating here that those who wrote lived between these two states as if in some shared life perhaps, so the goblin repeated the muse's pact back to her again exactly in the way that she had first told him all those many years ago, remembering her then too, she never aged, and saying with his smile back at her again "...goblin our little pact goes honesty, a shared life, and a thick skin...", and smiling back with the goblin's reply ready she replied, "..."and what's in it for me muse" you actually asked me didn't you now...", to which the goblin remembered himself, as she continued "...it never changes goblin, that journey to self in each moment, your journey through here then, for what else could you possibly want, and besides what else is really yours to keep anyway...", oh yes she could be most persuasive

Old 09-07-2014, 02:01 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere

"...back to topic then..." smiled the goblin suspecting that those terrorists were about the last of his actual worries at this point, saying "...no, let's say I had a magic wand and that the wicked witch of the middle-east was now dead with dorothy's house upon her, so then where do we stand by it, I mean wouldn't we still have 40billion dollars injected into the system each month, still have the global dedollarfication with its tzunami of returning dollars, and still have post glacial rebound playing havoc with the tectonic plates with yellowstone evidently growing increasingly unstable, yes 500% more earthquakes today than in the year 2000, and still have iceland's biggest volcano going off at this point, not to mention the sleeping giant otherwise known as the newmadrid faultline overdue with its 40nuclear reactors perched upon it, plus wouldn't global wetterning rather than just global warming still be causing weather the likes which we barely knew of ten years ago, moreover, and perhaps the most worrying of all now, wouldn't there be some idiots in the whitehouse still be thinking that because they now have their ABM system up and running that if they launched a preemptive nuclear strike on russia that the russian retaliation could be shot down, and that any nuclear winter that followed ww3 would be survivable given the longterm underground installations prepared for them alone of course...", so this then was how propaganda always worked, it focused the masses into looking in the direction it wanted of them while hiding the bigger picture from them, whereupon the goblin just smiled, and then restarted "...naah, the trouble with a system that grows to rely upon over focused propaganda to forward its basic aims is that they themselves begin to fall for it too, much like the moment when the schutzstaffel took control over from the sturmabteilung in nazi germany of 1934, where today too, the neoconservative agenda is now moving into a new phase of purging the moderates from its midst, thus another war comes, war makes them rich at your expense..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:47 AM..
Old 09-07-2014, 02:10 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere
Someone up late hitting the bottle really hard?
This is normal for him. Come to think of it, I don't think the Goblin drinks alcohol, just coffee.
"...alas my drinking days, though that never played much part in my life anyway, are behind me now..." mentioned the goblin who at best could risk the occasional glass of white wine to some cloud burning sunset, knowing too that even there in the midst of that stupor was that shadow of a severe migraine that played russian roulette upon each sip, thus the goblin was more into coffee instead, yes the stimulation of caffeine as opposed to that sedation of alcohol, and where coffee in the bistro was all the more conducive to his thinking things through, his writing habit perhaps, whereupon the goblin just confided the truth as he saw it now, saying "...they say growing old is all about letting go, yet my writing habit is all about me holding on in defiance, for I write for my ghosts I guess, where every addiction has its price it seems where those who write know well its cost..."

248 4623 158528

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:48 AM..
Old 09-07-2014, 09:47 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere, new, the "what are you doing" thread

the goblin had been trying to get his mind around the fact that his little country switzerland had signed a bilateral currency swap agreement with china a few weeks back, saying "...yes rather odd isn't it, I mean china's currency is quite untradable abroad, so why hold an untradeable currency like the yuan then...", the goblin didn't know for sure but clearly switzerland must have been betting on china as breaking free from the dollar at some point, and where the chinese for their part would use their held swiss francs to purchase goods outside of their brics fold by paying for anything in swiss francs instead, where swiss francs are about the one currency most everyone still wanted, but to add to this was the movement gaining momentum in switzerland to peg 20% of their currency to gold, yes gold, much of which china now holds, whereupon the goblin went "...so guess what the swiss will buy back from the chinese with their untradable yuan now, but woe betide anyone who lives in switzerland too..."

xxxx 4624 158619
Old 09-11-2014, 06:11 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere, the "this is islam" thread

You're at least partially correct; we can't win a war against Islamic Supremacists by employing only high tech weaponry against what are in most ways 7th century barbarians. We can win, but only by adopting to a certain extent their ways of waging that war and adapting to the conditions under which it must be fought. And, of course, reconciling ourselves to the fact that it must be a war of extermination. Note that "extermination" is not the same thing as genocide; consult a good English dictionary if in doubt.
"...done that, been there, where those americans only get themselves even more deeply hated by it too..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...step out of the box a moment, imagine that the cromwell was bashing away at those catholics in the manner that only the puritans could muster, killing men women and children left right and center, and then out of the blue the muslims show up, bomb the hell out of the puritans, installing catholics to run the show in a now united britain, and then they start saying they want regime change in france next door because the sun king is a dictator who treats his subject very badly...", which of course was the point where most people following the goblin's logic would conclude that the muslims were wasting their time because no matter how well meaning they might be, or however well armed too, they were outsiders and had no right to be there then, whereupon the goblin just smiled "...look, let them kill each other if they must then, but let's find full employment for americans at home, me I think you americans are being duped by a thief who distracts your attention with a faraway bogyman while sinking you ever further into debt through devaluation, so you tell me then, where's the real enemy of anything your founding fathers stood for, is it some twobit bandit from far far away, or those at the top who would enslave you further through devaluing that little money you have left then, btw where are your jobs now, where is your work security, what pension awaits, what do you vote for even, naah, no american dream left it seems..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:49 AM..
Old 09-11-2014, 06:12 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

Okay, flea, your point is valid: there has been no actual, legal currency in this country since the federal reserve note was enshrined, and it is killing our economy by rapidly escalating devaluation. If nothing is done, we will be in a very uncomfortable position, very soon. Anyone who can read history can quickly determine that fiat "currency" has never worked. None of which has one damned thing to do with the subject of this thread. Perhaps I am as addled as your posts imply, and I have been deluded by the media's distractions ... as well as the history of Islamic Supremacism throughout the last fourteen centuries, and the reason Thomas Jefferson owned a Qu'ran and fought the Barbary Pirates. Or, just perhaps, you are being deluded by the false feeling of security that your financial system has bought over the years, which most people have been mislead by the media to think is due to the supposed sanctity of your neutrality. I am concerned about our lack of financial liquidity, but cannot place that concern over the belief that we will be forced to fight for the survival of our way of life during my lifetime ... and I am old enough to be a veteran of the Vietnam War. If we fail in that endeavor our financial problems won't matter; they will only be a concern for our new masters.
"...many points there..." smiled the goblin appreciating the post for its time and effort, continuing "...though perhaps first we must agree that whatever america does abroad is paid for at home, meaning that much as some might think that american financial collapse has nothing to with this topic in hand, without seeing this clear connection and its consequences, we are more than likely to forget that america near bankrupted itself at the end of the nam war under the nixon shock where it had to come off the gold standard, ok, that apart, your avocation of more of the same has got us where in 12 years of this, and will get us where too, I mean you do know the cost of this war to date, much as you have seen the loss of your civil liberties in its name...", the goblin paused for breath, wondering if anyone sane ever read this far, then restarted "...simply I firmly believe your struggle is closer at home today, where those russians together with the europeans who depend on their russian for their oil and gas, along with the chinese whose powerbase your elite corporations handed them, are all only too happy to see you digging your own grave like this, knowing full well that it's a waiting game now, no you've given them your jobs, you're making your money worthless, and still thinking that some far away war will restore things now...", no, in fact, if the goblin had been an american today, he'd be dressing up like a native american and pouring starbucks coffee into the hudson bay, saying "...never mind the french across the sea today who is your king george at home..."

lost pic

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:51 AM..
Old 09-11-2014, 06:12 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

"...has anyone noted the expanse of the muslim world, and thought about the logistics of putting the boys back in harm's way..." asked the goblin again, adding "...no, they're baiting you because what with those midterm elections you will gladly play your part in spreading their seeds further, so which country next, and exactly how many theaters of wars would you like to end up with too...", it was just that then, that as with some weeds where ploughing them under was exactly what those weeds needed, with terrorism the same thing was ever true, so the goblin just concluded by saying "...if they come here doing bad acts on your soil it unites you against them in your anger, where conversely if you go at them there in the dumb comic book manner that you have done to date it unites them still..." but the goblin didn't care for the narrowness of the topic anyway, no his attention was on how china would profit at america's expense, they were reading a long term script, and positioning themselves for later
if you don't like QUOTEthe topic, start your own. I find your reference to "comic book style" laughable coming from a country that's inactivity makes them irrelevant
"...of course switzerland is irrelevant as intended, for yes we were never ones to draw attention to ourselves nor did ever we try to set the world right with your "comic book" solutions, no we only have one third of the world's wealth affiliated to the private banks in switzerland here while having just signed up to a bilateral currency swap with china, oh, and maybe soon we'll peg at least 20% our currency to gold too..." smiled the goblin not really smiling though knowing just how hard that would make life in switzerland afterwards, but then adding "...no I like this topic indeed and still think those midterm elections will decide your policies far more than that which is actually expedient then, but aren't there many areas in the world where the religions are not getting on too well together, yet do we see americans in kashmir, mali, sudan, and umpteen other places where exactly the same stuff occurs, so no then, since we don't see them there, one does tend to ask oneself why here, and why here alone too, no, the more america get involved the more "comic book" it gets, vietnam, vietganistan, vietraq, and vietwherevernext too, but why does it fail each time if it's such a right answer in itself..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:52 AM..
Old 09-11-2014, 06:13 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

("...good god I've got to vent this somewhere, Jats, sorry if I overpost here a bit..." went the goblin enjoying the fray super stressed by it)

"...of course switzerland is irrelevant as intended, for yes we were never ones to draw attention to ourselves nor did ever we try to set the world right with your "comic book" solutions, no we only have one third of the world's wealth affiliated to the private banks in switzerland here while having just signed up to a bilateral currency swap with china, oh, and maybe soon we'll peg at least 20% our currency to gold too..." smiled the goblin not really smiling though knowing just how hard that would make life in switzerland afterwards, but then adding "...no I like this topic indeed and still think those midterm elections will decide your policies far more than that which is actually expedient then, but aren't there many areas in the world where the religions are not getting on too well together, yet do we see americans in kashmir, mali, sudan, and umpteen other places where exactly the same stuff occurs, so no then, since we don't see them there, one does tend to ask oneself why here, and why here alone too, no, the more america get involved the more "comic book" it gets, vietnam, vietganistan, vietraq, and vietwherevernext too, but why does fail each time if it's such a "right answer" in itself..."
Fuck you, goblin. If not for America, you'd be bowing to Mecca twice a day.
"...still don't really see it, do you now xxxxx..." smiled the goblin, adding "...your country's actions have done no good at all, and will do nothing bar advance their cause of getting you hated even more, creating more of them still by each those "kick ass comic book" actions, um..., yes those you perpetrate by secret court upon foreign soil..." continuing "...yes agreed, those despots were bad enough, but at least they held that mess together, yet once you took them out for oil's sake, you a left civil war behind in each country you destabilized, and today just look at where your meddling has got you, so no then, simply no one bar you buys that "we're protecting you" crap over here xxxxx as clearly america gets involved only in those areas of strategic importance to itself, so stop feeding them hate of you, stop supplying them with weapons to hate you with, and above go back to being an america that makes them envious of your civil liberties, your just laws, and valued dollar, for I was born in an age where I can remember america like that once, yes I loved you back then..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:53 AM..
Old 09-11-2014, 06:14 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

"...sorry xxxxx, lost me, we've had muslims here for hundreds of years..." replied the goblin, adding "..so your hate is not mine, I am christian then, just I want to remind you though that for every bad action reported in the news to flare up yet more hatred, that there are thousands of good actions to reassure me of the kindness of human nature of all faiths, where today what you say about them, is exactly what was said about the jews, the catholics, the protestants, the atheists, the blacks, and other minorities, but no, my faith is not broken by you, and you may peddle hate to someone else, just get behind me now..."
and how much of the quran have you read ? Since this isn't about how much you dislike America, but Islam
"...well yes, I've read the quran, just as I've read mein kampt too, not that I would fall for either of them though..." smiled the goblin not knowing which was more idiotic, the muslin brotherhood's thinking that normal muslims would support them in their horrors and turning their lives back into the dark ages, which of course they won't, or the west's "rambo comic book" script no doubt timed for the midterm elections of "the only good muslim is a dead muslim"...", in fact, the goblin thanked the humans for the enormous amount of fun he was having here, adding "...perhaps the best way you can stop fueling their support, and stop supplying them with arms too, is to let them become as discredited as cromwell's england became before the glorious revolution...", and the goblin thought it might help to add a map here in case some of his good friends across the water there were finding all this geography somewhat challenging of late

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS8T...LRYJ97&index=4

248 4629 159230

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:54 AM..
Old 09-13-2014, 12:07 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere

...well now..." started the goblin thinking upon it somewhat, and then continuing "...I guess this posting lark is not so much what you make of it as really what it makes of you instead, I mean no one is ever beholden to me to keep me company, nor would I get much out of this posting in the long run if I just lurked and observed, which is perhaps why I see all this more as a journey to self than something to amuse me by...", yes, the goblin loved writing in posts now, where his progress externally meant nothing whatsoever, and where at most he would become a known unknown by it, but more likely he remain unknown yet knowing who he was by what he posted, the least by of more value than the most perhaps, smiling "...yes, one's journey to self here does sound somewhat nicer than our journey to death here doesn't it, same thing though, where forumland is like a vast forest, within which, if one doesn't have a strong sense of one's direction, and doesn't notice the slow passage of time too, what then, well doesn't one just reach that self without embarking upon that journey even...", and with that the goblin bid Volmornu walk with him awhile as the forest of forumland seemed just endless beneath his feet and all around him too

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:55 AM..
Old 09-13-2014, 12:09 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere

the goblin had been turning something over in his mind today, saying "...1minute a day x 365days is 365minutes isn't it, but then times that by 40years and you get 14600minutes in total, now divide those 14600minutes by 60 to get the number of hours that is and you get 243hours, and then divide that again by 24 to get the number of days and that becomes just over 10days, thus one minute of anything is at least ten days over 40years, where an hour each day would be 1year+243days then...", and at that point the goblin remembered how cigarettes shorten one's life by about ten years, and yet no one dares mention that commuting 1hour30minutes to work and back took at least five years from one's life, as did watching 3hours of television each evening, smiling "...just seeing where my life goes when I don't take my everyday actions into account..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:56 AM..
Old 09-13-2014, 12:33 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere, the "this is islam" thread,

"...ah yes, all these outside thoughts that you can't take on-board it seems..." replied the goblin, so alone here perhaps but not backing down one bit though, adding "...look at you then, just you lump all the muslins together for your own little hate agenda, your comfortzone it seems, but you know somewhere inside that your hate only flames matters still further, because when you do uglier things than they do, when you let your country at home go to ruin in the name of protecting your country abroad, when you pretend to have at least some semblance of a democracy with civil liberties left knowing full well its a two party one paymaster system with no civil liberties left, one that can hold you torture you and kill you too, when you pretend that ISIS is not a beast that you yourself made with whose money using whose weapons then in areas you intentionally destabilized, when you support one side off against the other in a kirkpatrick doctrine dating as far back to operation ajax in 1953, when your media just feeds you an agenda and where most of you just seem to be living repeatedly in "the united states of amnesia" too...", where somehow life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness had simply degenerated into who lives, what liberty, and remain asleep please, just the goblin could have remained silent and let his friends be duped by it still, repeating "...yes, king george points his finger at the french, yet your battle is not overseas for all his pointing there, the battle is how to become a man in the midst of those who would have you join the monster in hate, for I will not join you in this war on terrorism through terrorism..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:57 AM..
Old 09-13-2014, 12:39 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere

Oh wait, no he did not. That was someone else entirely. My name is xxxxx, and I am strange. I am also a child. I write strange things that no one quite understands (I do not try to be pretentious, I do not understand, either). I am unique among children in that I do not pretend to be anything that I am not, and in doing so, create a persona of unreality. I dropped out of high school because of this. Now I go to school online, and am infinitely happier but also a little lonelier. I am interested in meeting strange people who do not try to be strange, who do not even want to be strange, but are trying to embrace that strangeness, nonetheless. I am interested in writing things that maybe only one other person in the world will like, but it is okay because it makes them happy. I want to make one person happy. This is me, and I have lied somewhere here. Oh yes. My name is not xxxxx. I wish it was, but it is not. So begins something brief. Here it is.
"...and me, I'm just your average everyday sort of goblin I suppose..." replied the goblin upon seeing the talent of youth here, then adding "...perhaps I blame the readers themselves these days, in that they want to read still, plus they're perfectly capable of reading too, yet they don't though, and most probably won't because of that inner urge to interact instead, so a livewriter like myself fishes with posts instead knowing that the bait is short interactive content now...", whereupon the goblin grew a smile from ear to ear letting xxxxx reply now but knowing too that he was drawing xxxxx carefully into his world like this, confiding "...goblins are great craftsmen but they can only bring out of anyone that which was there all along..."

248 4633 159544

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:58 AM..
Old 09-16-2014, 06:30 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere

How many keyboards a year does the goblin go through?
"...naah, compared to a novelist now it's a lot less writing than that then, for I only do about a post or two a day at most, but it's all interactive as in a replyship rather than that old readership per se, where you pathetic humans are not reading books these days neither, so what choice do I have really bar to meet you half way in this since our bookworld is declining, so here I am out to conquer forumland in posts instead I guess..." replied the goblin who by now was well experienced in what he did, adding "...for a livewriter is just a poster who has his or her own thread that goes into thousands of hits/views, where perhaps thinking upon the concept of forum/venue thread/stage and persona/act might explain things further...", yes it seemed ever like cabaret to the goblin, where the venture was never won in advance neither, but what choice was there where there was always the show itself but that one only lived once through it

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 02:00 AM..
Old 09-16-2014, 06:32 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere, the goblin not quite hitting it off with the americans again

I am left wondering how goblin stumbled upon our little backwoods forum on snow machines and the like, but there is no uncertainty that you are now abusing our humble little slice if the internet. WTF makes you think you can unceremoniously dump some 250 mindless posts dredged up from your anonymous past? Just "editing some posts" my ass. I doubt if anyone here on this forum really gives a shit, but another thing is for certain, you've worn out your welcome. Why doesn't the phony pretentious goblin just quit while he (or she ) is ahead? He (or she) is becoming an apocalyptic waste of the zither. Just sayin'. Why don't you just go away? Go prey on somebody else. Go "edit some posts" on some other innocent website. Or are you running out of sites that will have you?
"...perhaps your best post yet xxxxx, and see how even your post are improving too..." mentioned the goblin somewhat encouragingly still, and then adding "...no, I'm on the level here, where I have no need to lie to you for I truly am editing my posts to your company it seems in the section of the forum called "creative writing" meant for just that...", in fact, the goblin offered a solution here, saying "...well now, if this thread is as you say then, and I am as you put it, the thread can just be locked thus stopping me, where there'll be no more goblin to bother you ever, an end of it then, my wager will be off...", where by now the goblin had only edited a small fraction of his posts left and where here seemed interesting enough, smiling "...2,000hits already, 10,000hit by christmas, I'm happy for my own reasons, but I'm not obliged to explain myself, and what would you believe even if I did now..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 02:00 AM..
Old 09-16-2014, 06:34 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere

morning then and the goblin had got out of bed, while outside the bright sky together with slight browning of the green skyline beneath it discretely announces the change of season to the goblin himself who turns on the his laptop to see a vast number of automatic emails congratulating him on his birthday, an event that seems to happen with gaining quickness with each passing year now, "...oh what a chore, I'll just delete them all then, only forumland autobots after all..." he says as afterwards he makes his way to the kitchen passing his son's bedroom, "...happy birthday dad..." come his son's voice from somewhere under the bedcovers, "...so you actually remembered then..." voiced the now goblin smiling making him appreciate the fallibility of the one over the mundane certainty of the other, so to err is to be human where not to err only spoils it

248 4636 160057

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 02:01 AM..
Old 09-19-2014, 12:29 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere, chatting with a writer

"...can't write did you say, well that's because you're probably focused upon the wrong audience I imagine..." suggested the goblin now as cordially as possible though, while wondering too if he could possibly make sense of what he himself felt while here, explaining "...in dailylife you humans are all so real then, yet your memories and visions aren't, neither are your thoughts, but on forumland here all that gets reversed somewhat, in that, as real as those around you read might seem at this point they're still unknown unprovable personas really, whereas instead your thoughts now are very real indeed, just ghosts of the past and plots in the present with visions of the future too...", meaning that the goblin was more often writing for his ghosts than for those unknown readers here, confiding "...readers come and go and blur into the past at some point, yet no such luck with one's ghosts now, no they here to stay, and what's worse is the more you write the weirder it gets, why, because what you write writes you back, where let me guess that your dreams are better recalled and more vivid of late where writing is a feedback loop if ever there was one now..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 02:03 AM..
Old 09-19-2014, 12:33 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere, the topic of distrust between the sexes

the goblin returned, couldn't get into this topic but appreciated the xxxxx's post anyway, saying "...anyway, you write well and often one just ends up hating what one loves for the weakness therein, me I walked away from my first marriage knowing that if I stayed it would further hurt the only child more, where it was only after I left that the hell ended and my mother and my then ex wife made up their differences while I myself then remarried moving to switzerland, and then having other children, where it was only after my parents died that my daughter accused me of leaving her in that hell, yes I knew you see but english custody laws don't give fathers much credit, which was my daughter last communication then, where I for my part haven't spoken to any of my family in england since..." perhaps the goblin was building up to his point now, continuing "...blood is thicker than water perhaps where divorce can bring out a side in one that one doesn't want to admit even, me, I'm as my daughter, a child of divorce like her, hating my grandmother for leaving me one gold coin, hating my father saying he would give me something but in fact leaving everything to his wife my age instead, I hate my sister for not selling the house as stipulated in that will too, but perhaps the biggest hate of all I reserve for myself for actually caring about all this then..." in fact, the goblin didn't hate humans male or female, just that he too had ended up hating his own weaknesses they revealed of him, where those ghost today couldn't be otherwise he guessed

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 02:04 AM..
Old 09-19-2014, 12:41 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere, the "what did you do today" thread

today the goblin, for lack of anything else to do really, had been people watching in the bistro again, where the bistro at this hour at least always seemed to offer a choice of either those students from the nearby university or these old folks who like himself either chatted, thought alone, or who viewed a screen in a mimic of the young ones, and all this to coffees then, a scene repeated both across and down the street too for as far as the eye could see in fact, "...so they're the new generation goblin, yet they don't share your old aspirations there, they don't drink alcohol, they don't want that house nor a car, and they're not inclined to marriage neither, nor to having families now, no they're simply the result of seeing the mistakes of their parents I guess, how about you goblin, if you were young again, would you be the same as them there..." came the voice within him now, while the goblin didn't reply still looking on thinking about it though, so the voice just continued it's monologue inside him, saying "...they're constantly online today, thus they drink a lot less, and where time is more important than the devaluing money meaning a long commute is stupid, like repairing that house each weekend as their parents still do is dumb to them too, where marriage means a long term secure commitment in an unsecure world , and where having children means increasing one's exposure to debt, simply, no the older generation felt more secure goblin, where instead today's generation, that which you see in front of you now, live in a world that is far more insecure than their parents ever had...", the sky was darkening now, the rain wold follow shortly, where the goblin would rush home not wishing to be caught in it, somehow the voice had simply reminded him of a youtube stream he had seen before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM

xxxx 4639 160419

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-19-2014 at 12:45 AM..
Old 09-21-2014, 02:28 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere

So i'm new here and don't have many friends. Feel free to post, tell me about yourself, and add me (:
"...well, I'm just your average everyday sort of goblin I suppose, married with kids who are no more, well not kids I mean..." voiced the goblin in a most befriending tone and who had accepted the friendship request straight off but who would never step out of this forum into the writer's section here, explaining a bit "...yes I'll encourage but I won't correct you in any way, why, because each time I correct you is when you turn into me by way of that correction till finally I am reading myself through you by it, yet your imperfections are what make you individual, and where not, we all become mere writer's clone of one another by giving in to some standard norm between us, naah, I'd rather have warts and all and write as badly as I do here, I mean at least you know you're chatting with a goblin here, it's just how we write I guess, where if you don't believe me now then just ask any other goblin I suppose...", and with that the goblin looked up and asked "...enough of me then, how about you now and who are you too, moreover who would you like to be here, oh and don't give me any of those dull dailylife details, the less reality the more those readers will like you here, for forumland is never facebook, instead you'll need to expand your anonymity a bit, btw I'm one of those livewriters meaning ebooks are not my style then, no I go to my readers in posts to build a whopping replyship instead...", where a readership to someone anonymous like the goblin was like going hungry even getting nowhere even, smiling "...naah, nobody reads my posts perhaps yet it's always somebody who replies..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 02:06 AM..
Old 09-21-2014, 02:29 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere, a writer's forum

Thank you both
"...good start, but now you need to elaborate a bit..." suggested the goblin with a smile as best he could, then adding "...for example you could tell us in your own words at least how a good girl like you goes ever so bad and starts writing her secret book of sins from experience, oh yes, all those dead boyfriends buried at end of the garden no less, and how many of them by now, yes passion killings in a ritual befitting only to true love then, that pen, the knife, a little poison too perhaps, with each lurid carefully written down detail simply spoon feeding the reader's imagination with your heightened depravity even, oh yes, depravity indeed, and as if you thought that I hadn't recognized your hidden talent there...", but it was getting dark now, somehow the goblin knew that all women wanted to kill really, where perhaps too that alone was what made them all so fatally attractive to him

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 02:07 AM..
Old 09-21-2014, 02:30 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere

I must ask, why a goblin? and i will visit the sites when i get time. i only have a few more mins on the computer.
"...many reasons really..." replied the goblin thinking about it now, continuing "...where market imaging springs to mind in that no one will remember one's username but I doubt they will ever forget having conversed with a goblin now, you see that is just how the memory works, it remembers real objects and creatures rather than abstracts like usernames and whatever...", and then again the goblin also knew that to write in third person meant filling in the gap towards who or what was writing this, smiling "...well now, readers do hate not knowing something now so instead they tame that unknown by accepting it as fiction to them then, in other words the only persona that annoys them is one where it's ever left a blanc, yet that blanc is still the truth of it anyway, I mean I can't prove anything about myself to you here can I as I'm just words upon your screen if anything at all now...", whereupon the goblin just looked back at xxxxx a moment and confided "...plus it's what I feel my alter-ego most resembles while writing, I mean isn't that what you see of me when you read my words now, for it sure feels like that's me while here, that mask that I wear in dailylife is like "me but not me"..."

249 4642 160953

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 02:09 AM..
Old 09-21-2014, 04:21 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,367

Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
repost from elsewhere

"...you're quite right I suppose..." apologized the goblin for the way he wrote, adding "...where it's true that if I were writing with you in mind and for you alone, then yes I'd probably have to keep it real simple much as you're suggesting there, but tell you what now, as a sign of my friendship towards you, just tell me when it's all over your head, that way I'll reword in a simpler manner so as not to have you feel too disheartened about yourself...", in fact, the the goblin didn't know what the huffington post was, but he had seen sesame street instead and thought that might be a starting point towards a readership that he had evidently been missing out upon

How many puppets are in this picture?
fleamailman (09-21-2014)
Old 09-21-2014, 04:27 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,367

repost from elsewhere

"...back to topic then..." smiled the goblin suspecting that those terrorists were about the last of his actual worries at this point, saying "...no, let's say I had a magic wand and that the wicked witch of the middle-east was now dead with dorothy's house upon her, so then where do we stand by it, I mean wouldn't we still have 40billion dollars injected into the system each month, still have the global dedollarfication with its tzunami of returning dollars, and still have post glacial rebound playing havoc with the tectonic plates with yellowstone evidently growing increasingly unstable, yes 500% more earthquakes today than in the year 2000, and still have iceland's biggest volcano going off at this point, not to mention the sleeping giant otherwise known as the newmadrid faultline overdue with its 40nuclear reactors perched upon it, plus wouldn't global wetterning rather than just global warming still be causing weather the likes which we barely knew of ten years ago, moreover, and perhaps the most worrying of all now, wouldn't there be some idiots in the whitehouse still be thinking that because they now have their ABM system up and running that if they launched a preemptive nuclear strike on russia that the russian retaliation could be shot down, and that any nuclear winter that followed ww3 would be survivable given the longterm underground installations prepared for them alone of course...", so this then was how propaganda always worked, it focused the masses into looking in the direction it wanted of them while hiding the bigger picture from them, whereupon the goblin just smiled, and then restarted "...naah, the trouble with a system that grows to rely upon over focused propaganda to forward its basic aims is that they themselves begin to fall for it too, much like the moment when the schutzstaffel took control over from the sturmabteilung in nazi germany of 1934, where today too, the neoconservative agenda is now moving into a new phase of purging the moderates from its midst, thus another war comes, war makes them rich at your expense..."

Yeah. What he said.
fleamailman (09-21-2014)
Old 09-21-2014, 04:36 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,367

"...done that, been there, where those americans only get themselves even more deeply hated by it too..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...step out of the box a moment, imagine that the cromwell was bashing away at those catholics in the manner that only the puritans could muster, killing men women and children left right and center, and then out of the blue the muslims show up, bomb the hell out of the puritans, installing catholics to run the show in a now united britain, and then they start saying they want regime change in france next door because the sun king is a dictator who treats his subject very badly...", which of course was the point where most people following the goblin's logic would conclude that the muslims were wasting their time because no matter how well meaning they might be, or however well armed too, they were outsiders and had no right to be there then, whereupon the goblin just smiled "...look, let them kill each other if they must then, but let's find full employment for americans at home, me I think you americans are being duped by a thief who distracts your attention with a faraway bogyman while sinking you ever further into debt through devaluation, so you tell me then, where's the real enemy of anything your founding fathers stood for, is it some twobit bandit from far far away, or those at the top who would enslave you further through devaluing that little money you have left then, btw where are your jobs now, where is your work security, what pension awaits, what do you vote for even, naah, no american dream left it seems..."

Mooo, moo- hey look, there's a McDonalds up ahead. I hear they welcome cows there. Maybe I can rest my aching bovine hooves.
fleamailman (09-21-2014)
Old 09-21-2014, 04:47 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,367

"...many points there..." smiled the goblin appreciating the post for its time and effort, continuing "...though perhaps first we must agree that whatever america does abroad is paid for at home, meaning that much as some might think that american financial collapse has nothing to with this topic in hand, without seeing this clear connection and its consequences, we are more than likely to forget that america near bankrupted itself at the end of the nam war under the nixon shock where it had to come off the gold standard, ok, that apart, your avocation of more of the same has got us where in 12 years of this, and will get us where too, I mean you do know the cost of this war to date, much as you have seen the loss of your civil liberties in its name...", the goblin paused for breath, wondering if anyone sane ever read this far, then restarted "...simply I firmly believe your struggle is closer at home today, where those russians together with the europeans who depend on their russian for their oil and gas, along with the chinese whose powerbase your elite corporations handed them, are all only too happy to see you digging your own grave like this, knowing full well that it's a waiting game now, no you've given them your jobs, you're making your money worthless, and still thinking that some far away war will restore things now...", no, in fact, if the goblin had been an american today, he'd be dressing up like a native american and pouring starbucks coffee into the hudson bay, saying "...never mind the french across the sea today who is your king george at home..."

Ah, and this as they are gluing down the toilet seats in that house on Pennsylvania Avenue in preparation for the next keister that is slated to take up residence.
fleamailman (09-21-2014)
Old 09-21-2014, 05:02 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,367

[QUOTE=fleamailman

the muslin brotherhood's thinking [/QUOTE]

Oh great- a cotton fabric that got it's name from the city of Mosul where it was first manufactured has achieved sentience.

And it has created a fraternity.

I wonder if it uses the hive mind system.
fleamailman (09-21-2014)
Old 09-21-2014, 05:10 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,367

Originally Posted by Nick Pierce View Post
Oh great- a cotton fabric that got it's name from the city of Mosul where it was first manufactured has achieved sentience.

And it has created a fraternity.

I wonder if it uses the hive mind system.

Nick?

Yes, Mr. Pierce?

Don't you have a class you need to be going to?

Oh yeah. My "martial art" training. I better brush my teeth and get to driving. Missed last week to stop the rain from leaking into my shed. Ain't gonna miss today. The freakin' jones from not enough of the smackin' around is way worse than the pains of bein' kicked, kneed, punched and thrown to the deck.

Hey, maybe today I will learn something new.
fleamailman (09-21-2014)
Old 09-21-2014, 05:22 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

("...so what's you take on news then Nick..." inquired the goblin curiously, adding "...me, I've got myself into a lot of hot water for what I've written recently but I won't retract a word of it though...", yes, the goblin remembers Nick Pierce as both smart and talented)

repost from elsewhere

Ah. I see. It is true though. I always remember the goblin lol
"...where I suspect that I won't remember you if you do not become a persona at some point..." confessed the goblin without malice though, just meeting too many humans these days, then adding "...perhaps I could brag of threads that went into tens of thousands of hits like this, I won't though because it means nothing now, no this all ends at some point with me ending with it too I guess, unknown anonymous and forgotten too, why, because I just wanted to know who I was by what I posted, where chasing after that fame and fortune seemed vain and cheap then...", the night's silence pulled upon the goblin's thoughts at this point and no doubt soon the sandman would show probably to stop the goblin from turning into a nocturnal zombie again, sighing "...in truth I do need to sleep but could do with some brains now, ah decisions decisions whatever is to become of me I wonder, perhaps you know the answer to that then..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 02:10 AM..

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe