WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing

Free Writing Plot bunnies, random musings, etc. No one-liners.

It's all about Me

Old 04-23-2018, 11:57 AM
Vince (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 34
Default It's all about Me

I was going along just fine when I was struck in th back of the head by me. Oh, I had always had some suspicions of me but this was much different. I was looking in the mirror at me and knew in that moment that me was an insidious and internal enemy. I knew that me was out to get revenge, although, I didn’t know why.

Casting back in my life I can see now that all of my problems were caused by me. No matter how I tried when I looked at what had gone wrong, I found me looking back. I know now that I have always been sabotaged by me. All the opportunities missed; all the times I could have been so much more – gone never to return. In every case I could see me behind it.

In all those years I never stood up to me. I tried a few times but I was talked out of it by me..

“Its not my fault. You didn’t try hard enough.” I heard me say.

Don’t bring you into this.” I told me. “He is what others call us. He is not us.”

There was silence then I heard me say, “It really isn’t my fault. I is the subject. Me is, on the other hand, just an object. An object is that on which the action takes place. I does it to me. Not the other way around.”

I thought about that.

“Confusion is the biggest strategy that I see me using.” I said. “But enough of that, I am just getting mixed up and nothing is changed in the end.”

I thought and thought. He knew that there was no real answer to me. He had to cut me totally out of the picture. I had caught me in too many lies. From now on I would only accept communication from me in writing.

Of course, I was assailed by me first with pleading and then with threats.. I was on moved by me’s antics and to this day I have not spoken with me. Oh, I gets letters from me but returns them unopened.

Last edited by Vince; 04-26-2018 at 06:31 AM.. Reason: good feedback
Old 04-25-2018, 12:35 PM
Palindrome (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 24

Me all thinks this is terrific. So he put on our editor hat for the fine detailing.

Originally Posted by Vince View Post
I was going along just fine when I was struck by me. Oh, I had always had some suspicions of me but this was much different. I was looking in the mirror at me and knew in that moment that me was an insidious and internal enemy. I knew that me was out to get revenge, though I didn’t know why.
You could have made a little more of the image "struck"; the reader almost expects a psychic slap or punch, particularly in light the "enemy". Alternatively, you could tone it down to a mere noticing, but I do like "struck".

Casting back in my life, I can see now that all of my problems were caused by me. No matter how I tried, when I looked at what [went] (had gone) wrong, I found me looking back. I know now that [it was always the case that](redundant?) I have (always) been sabotaged by me. All the opportunities missed, all (the) times I could have been so much more – gone, never to return. In every case, I could see me behind it.

In all those years I never stood up to me. I tried a few times, but was talked out of it by me. “Its not my fault. You didn’t try hard enough.” I heard me say.

Don’t bring you into this.” I [said to] (told) me. “He is what others call us. He is not us.”

There was silence then I heard me say, “It really isn’t my fault. I is the subject. Me is, on the other hand, just an object. An object is that on which the action takes place. I does it to me. Not the other way around.” (Love this paragraph!)

I thought about that.

“Confusion is the biggest strategy that I see me using,” I said. “But enough of that, I am just getting mixed up and nothing is changed in the end.”

[I thought and thought.]He knew that there was no real answer to me. He had to cut me totally out of the picture. I had caught me in too many lies. From now on, I would only accept communication from me in writing.

Of course, I was assailed [by me] first with pleading and then with threats. I was unmoved moved by me’s antics and to this day I have not spoken with me. Oh, I gets letters from me but returns them unopened.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:33 AM
Vince (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 34

I thanks you Palindrome. Me is pouting in the shadows. See what I mean?

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing