WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself; we're all writers here, nothing to hide!

Potatoes

Old 03-29-2018, 01:56 PM
Chinspinner (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 230
Default Potatoes

I love potatoes, I eat them a lot. I once heard that potatoes have eyes and I laughed it off as we all do. They don't just have eyes, they have teeth, my lost two fingers can prove it.

Creepy? Yes. Were you scared and scarred? Of course. Did I zip my flies correctly, or something kid's say these days? Yes. What, is that tree? Yes. If the answer is always "yes" then yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes, I am the phantom who has haunted your dreams with potato related incidents. POTATOES! POTATOES!

Fear them, and fear me bringing their potato evil to life.

Thank you,.

The Following User Says Thank You to Chinspinner For This Useful Post:
Chloe Georgia (04-11-2018)
Old 03-29-2018, 02:57 PM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks 403

Did you know that the original Mr. Potato Head was a real fucking potato?

But here's the fantastic thing -- the package with all the little face parts said "works with apples, pears or ANY soft fruit or vegetable!"

Kids today don't know what they are missing.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:10 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 4,088

repost from elsewhere

which was the very moment the goblin returned to posting from being ill anew, before tossing a few readily cut potatoes into the boiling cauldron of compounded debt between the witches, then adding "...no I post on against this silence much as I live on against my own death I suppose, thus this futility is such that it shows one just who one is when there is no reason to post really and every reason not to post now, the point being that there is no point really, just humanity always goes to war pretending that no such thing is coming, where the muddle east is not over, no it never is, even if syria is now settling into partitioned zones of influence, ah but then the next county looms doesn't it, yet which country will that be though, and to who's advantage too...", and somehow the goblin was reminded of that line where soldiers go then war follows knowing that those soldiers would go to where there was most weakness, sighing "...the weak ones then, either lebanon or jordan now..", and the witches no doubt would make their reassurances still, yet the goblin was too old to put much faith into anything that those witches professed, only that the cauldron of compounded debt was what it was then, and all that mattered really, yet there those witches were still at it, still saying to one "...speak, demand, we'll answer...", all lies of course yet their answers were the one we wanted to hear in our vanity

Last edited by fleamailman; 04-14-2018 at 09:35 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Myers (04-14-2018)
Old 04-14-2018, 01:14 PM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks 403

Damn -- I'm guessing if you weren't up to posting then you were quite ill.

Glad you're feeling better.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:02 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 4,088

("...when I don't post it's serious indeed..." replied the goblin thanking Myers for asking, then adding "...the winter flu made the rounds, felled me once, oh and then, when I had thought I was passed it, yet another flu returned to fell me anew, and now my spring nemesis of hay fever takes over from where those two left off, it's lungs feeling like planks with every step, eyes dry like flypaper, nose full of mucus, throat full of flem, where in truth I feel every bit my age too, odd that a persona such as myself should feel those externals like that...", being the truth of it, whereas whenever the old man was well, the goblin lived mostly apart from him, explaining "...everyone has their alter ego, but when the body is ill, I imagine that both ego and alter ego fight back to back in their close confinement together...")
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Myers (04-15-2018)
Old 04-15-2018, 07:17 PM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks 403

My sister had the flu earlier this year -- she has scarring in her lungs from asthma, plus she's slowly recovering from being hit by a car. She had to spend several days in the hospital. Didn't find out how serious it was until after the fact. She didn't want me to "worry" or feel like I had to go see her. I know she means well, but it's pretty aggravating...
The Following User Says Thank You to Myers For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (04-29-2018)

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions