WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself; we're all writers here, nothing to hide!

Hi all!

Old 02-23-2017, 10:19 PM
bigdreamerz (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default Hi all!

Hello everyone, pleased to meet all of you! I go by the name Lily, and I am hoping that I will meet new friends that I can chat with and also learn from.

A little bit about me, I am an amateur writer, I used to semi-write books that I'd never finish when I was younger. I do enjoy writing, I just know I'm not professional at it. I am also a big crafter, my medium is polymer clay so I am pretty good at sculpting miniatures. I am always looking to learn something new, and I'm currently interested in amateur animation, but I don't know a single thing about it. It's my dream to be able to start making some animated short series that I can share on Youtube. I'm a very energetic, and cheerful person so I hope I will have the opportunity to meet a lot of new friends here.

Old 02-24-2017, 02:29 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 1,220

Hello, Lily.

Welcome to Writersbeat.
bigdreamerz (02-24-2017)
Old 02-24-2017, 08:31 PM
bigdreamerz (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

Thank you Nick, I'm happy to be here. ^_^
Old 02-24-2017, 10:27 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 687

Welcome
Old 02-26-2017, 01:16 AM
Cecile Marseile (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

This is so interesting. I consider semi-books very professional, and actually the writing when we do when we are young might not be considered literature but I think that theres always precious things there. Trust yo self, Lily

And welcome!
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecile Marseile For This Useful Post:
bigdreamerz (03-02-2017)
Old 02-27-2017, 08:06 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 356

You sound like you are already on your way with the animation. You could, for example, get some polymer clay, create a character, set the character to be standing upright, take a photo (using a tripod and a remote button), then slightly manipulate the character, take a photo etc etc. Once done, put the series of images in a software program (like Adobe Animate (the software formerly known as Adobe Flash)) and press play. Maybe also add some sound effects and voice over (Adobe also has a program for this Soundbooth).
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
The Following User Says Thank You to PickleBottom For This Useful Post:
bigdreamerz (03-02-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 02:57 PM
AlicinMadnessdg (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 3

Hi Lily, pleased to make your acquaintance!
-Alice
Old 03-02-2017, 02:43 AM
bigdreamerz (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

Originally Posted by PickleBottom View Post
You sound like you are already on your way with the animation. You could, for example, get some polymer clay, create a character, set the character to be standing upright, take a photo (using a tripod and a remote button), then slightly manipulate the character, take a photo etc etc. Once done, put the series of images in a software program (like Adobe Animate (the software formerly known as Adobe Flash)) and press play. Maybe also add some sound effects and voice over (Adobe also has a program for this Soundbooth).

Hmm...really? I think I'd be interested in trying that. I'm not very good with human or animal clay figures yet, I mostly replicate food and a few gaming characters like shy guys, but I've been practicing on getting better so I think this might be a better form of animation for me since I can't draw. Although the animated short I wanted to do was a more professional one because I was writing out a story to turn into a script, this will be a great start. It sounds more on my level, lol. Thank you for the helpful advice and tips!
Old 03-02-2017, 02:50 AM
bigdreamerz (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

Cecile Marseile, Thank you for that! I do have quite a few unfinished stories from back when I was young. Maybe it's time now to whip those out and do a rewrite on them before I tackle the real story I want to have turned into a script now.

Also, thank you to everyone for all of your warm welcomes, I am happy to be here and I hope that I will see all of you around soon.

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions