WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues

Writing Help & Issues You name it, we solve it! Ask your questions here.

Does this count as bad writing for this character?

Old 11-01-2016, 09:04 PM
ironpony (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Default Does this count as bad writing for this character?

Basically in my story, I wrote a female male character who is attracted to a male character that she sees, and she walks over, talks to him, flirts with him and gets a date.

However, I was told that by three readers so far that it was bad writing because women do not approach men and pick them up, and it's unrealistic. One of them even said that it's insulting to women.

But I don't want to write a character as necessarily typical, if it's a man or woman.

But is it unrealistic or insulting to women to write a character who does that?

Old 11-02-2016, 02:19 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing

Thanks 311

Some of the best relationships I have had have been initiated by the woman. I felt none the less of them, and was actually appreciative, because I don't always pick up on subtle hints and, had they not approached me, I may have never noticed their interest (I can be pretty dense sometimes).

Basically, if it is something your character would be wont to do, have them do it.
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues