Scripts Plays and script writing.

Facebook Crushes

Old 02-27-2012, 10:34 AM
Matty T (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default Facebook Crushes

Here's a dialogue I hope you guys will enjoy. Lemme know what you fink!
1: Hey, dude. I need your help. Can I come in?

2: Oh, sure buddy buddy. Come on in. I wasn't expecting you.

1: I know. It's kinda an emer-oh my god your apartment smells terrible.

2: The smell of free love is pungent, boner. Breath it in. Breathhhhhh.

1: Stop it. I need your help.

2:With what?

1: ...

2: Well, how am I supposed to help you if you don't tell me, baby? Spill it.

1: Well, there's this girl. And she's the prettiest girl I've ever seen. And, we're friends, but I still need your help to get her attention.

2: Ahhhh. My little buddy is growing up. That's adorable. Well, you've come to the right place. Trust me, I've had more torrid, unbridled shame sex than most people. If these walls could talk...they'd be speechless. Well, give us her name. What is it? Jack? Phil?

1: Alex.

2: What? Dude, are you serious? I was just kidding.

1: Shut up, dude. It's short for Alexandria. She's gorgeous. Look, here. See for yourself. She's on facebook.

2: Oh, god. No. Don't tell me.

1: What?

2: You have a god damn facebook crush, don't you? God damnit, dude. You are so pathetic! She's not even real!

1: She is real! She was my lab partner!

2: ...

1: In science class.

1: Freshman year.

1: Of high school.

2: I'm not helping you with this. This is sad.

1: Oh, come on. Do you know how much I do for you? What about the time where you made me eat all your allergy medication when we got pulled over? Or, what about the time at the water park where I took the blame for crapping in the wave pool. The way they looked at me...

2: Dude, don't guilt trip me on this. Why don't you just go get her yourself? You're a...good...looking...thing...

1: I would, cept I haven't exactly had the best track record with girls. Not since Jennie Marmoset.

2: Jennie Marmoset. Jennie Marmoset. Why does that sound familiar?

1: She went to high school with us. She was in swim. She had a real...unique...look.

2: BLOWHOLE! Oh my god! You dated Blowhole?! Holyyyy shit. You never told me.

1: She was born without a septum, leave her alone. She was a sweet girl.

2: Oh my god. I can't believe. You banged Blowhole. God, we had so many names for her. Blowhole. Assface. Assholehead. Anything that looked like a butthole, ya know 'cause of her one nostril. Man, that girl could sneeze.

1: Come on, man. She was-

2: "No septum, two rectum!" Oh my god! That was it. Remember when Jonny Greene in the yearbook department put that as her quote under her senior picture. HAHAH Oh man. So, did you do it?

1: ...Do what?

2: Ya know...put it in her blowhole?

1: That's it. I'm leaving.

2: Wait, wait. I'm sorry. Hold on. I'm not so cruel as to forget your kind works. So, what do you need?

1: I need a few ways to get her attention on facebook-

2: Easy.

1: Uhtut-tut. WITHOUT being creepy. That's the number one thing.

2: Well, I'm looking at her profile now. Mhm. Dude. Do I need to state the obvious?

1: ...Apparently...

2: Upload a photo of your dick. Done and done. Fish in a barrel, bro. Just the shaft at first, like a teaser trailer. Maybe upload a video with, like, the theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey, slowly revealing your wang-

1: STOP! Stop it. Right there. Okay. Let's just move on. Let's put a pin in that one for

now.

2: Put pin in dick, got it.

1: Anything more?

2: Yeah, dude. Tons more. Tip #2. Friend all of her friends. You can learn alot that way.

1: That's actually not too bad. That way I can learn who she hangs out with. You can tell alot about a person's by someone's friends. Places she likes to go. What she does on the weekends. Maybe we'll have a lot in common!

2: Yeah, sure. There's that. But you should REALLY friend her friends to see her embarrassing photos that she untagged herself in. Nip slips, upskirts, slutty Halloween costumes. That shits a gold mine for your spank bank.

1: Spank bank?!

2: Yeah, dude. Isn't that what you're doing now? Burping your worm to her photos. It's okay. We've all done it.

1: No, dude! That's creepy.

2: Says the facebook stalker. Dude, it's 2011, man. Girls understand that that's what their facebook is for. Why do you think they invented private profiles. Girls understand the inherit risks of being attractive. From now on, you should understand that if a girl accepts your friend request, she is giving you permission to beat off to her photos. I mean, really let her have it.

1: Dude! Not cool. Alex is a beautiful girl with a beautiful heart and I would never do such a thing.

2: Oh, good lord.

1: What about a note?

2: A what?

1: Ya know, those little notes? You can write something nice and like tag people in it so they see it. Maybe I can write something cute and maybe she'll see it.

2: How have you gotten this far in life? Really? A note? Reading?! No one goes on facebook to read notes, you idiot. People go on facebook to sit in judgment of their peers and feel better about themselves.

1: Say what you want, but, ya know, I think I should just message her. Just talk to her. Let her know how I feel and see if she is interested. I mean, what's the worst that could happen from just straight up asking her out for coffee?

2: Uh, I dunno, maybe the BIGGEST REJECTION OF YOUR LIFE. That is so wrong, dude. You NEVER, under any circumstances be genuine with a girl. Never express how you truly feel. They hate that shit. No, what you do, is tell her exactly what she wants to hear all the time. Girls can't stand honesty. What you do is make her feel inferior! Whatever she says, you've already topped and moved on from. She hates her parents? Your mom was killed by your dad. She wants to quit her job, you were working in the Twin Towers during 9/11. She likes dolphins? You've fucked a blowhole, man! Top it and move on.

1: Really? Is that what girls want? I had no idea...

2: I'll tell ya what. I got this Vietnamese friend, Tone Loc, or something. But he's this hacker extraordinaire. I'll call him, up, he'll get her IP address from her facebook, get her real address, and you can go to her house and take this tranny down. Subjugate!

1: Subjugate?

2: Mhm. Totally undermine her confidence. As soon as you get to her house, don't knock, barge in and say, "What hattenin, beyatchhhhh?!" Just like that. And just start thrusting. Trust me dude. Puddy in your hands.

1: Okay, dude. Ya know, what. I know you're just trying to help but I won't be doing any of that. Okay sure. So maybe I have an impractical, childish crush on a girl that I don't know, so what? I know that I can't fall in love until I actually talk to her first. And I'm pretty sure doing any of what you said will get me arrested or maced pretty fast. So, ya know what, I'm just gonna leave it alone and if its meant to be, its meant to be. And I don't think any of that stuff works, anyways.

2: Doesn't work, huh? Well, while you were giving your faggy little speech I've been doing some work on your facebook page. You should probably get your phone out now. There's a phone call coming your way that you don't wanna miss.

1: Oh my god, dude! Are you serious?! You're the best. What did you do-oh my god it's ringing! It's a brand new number. Oh my goddddd.

2: Breath, dude. Just answer it.

1: Hello...hi...uh...yeah...he's here. Hold on. Dude, it's Jennie Marmoset.

2: I know, dude. I posted a picture of mah wang with a photoshopped pin in it on her

facebook and she's totally into it! So, here. Give me the phone.

1: ...

2: BLOWHOLE! WHAT'S HATTENIN, BEYATCHHHHH!

Old 05-27-2014, 04:53 AM
RerunGirl (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 4

Not such a good attempt.
One, they sound like their in highschool when I know you are trying to make them appear to be in college, or above.
The dialog is a little...tasking. No setting, and the one, two, thing...use Guy1 or Boy1.
Show time lapses/
Old 01-06-2015, 07:38 AM
J.Mariano7 (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Location: Elvish Way, King King Ave., 15 Parsecs off the Intergalactical Highway
Thanks 22

I didn't like it. The other guy was too much of an asshole, he was disgusting, and he gave the worst advice I've ever seen someone give on the written word. It's a little funny, though,(especially the "Blowhole" part) and it has potential if you had a third person with you to counter that asshole's advice.

Also, you should keep the barely distinguishable character signs in the side. It doesn't at all look lazy and barely readable to the human eyes, and it helps focus on who is talking.

In all seriousness, good effort, but it has too much of that asshole advisor for it to be nothing more but an uneven experience.

Have a nice day.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:00 PM
spshane (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 20

The key to good dialog is making it believable yet concise. You want your characters to sound authentic, but it should also serve a purpose. Instead of trying to capture everything your characters say, truncate it to key moments. If it helps, read the scene aloud and time it, so you know how long it takes. I see this as a thirty second or one-minute scene, not a five minute scene.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:23 AM
lumenknight (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 3

I actually enjoyed it. I agree it wasn't the most realistic dialogue and there was no setting to give the dialogue weight, but it was at least entertaining. If you were trying to be entertaining, well done. If it were a little more concise, I could see Roger and Steve from American Dad having this conversation. If you are unfamiliar with the characters or show, part of the appeal is Roger's asshole comments and beliefs. That is what I read, a funny back and forth between a dick and a genuinely nice person.

On the other hand, if you wanted a true exchange between believable characters I would agree with the other comments.
Old 05-19-2015, 04:31 AM
jimmymc (Offline)
Word Wizard

Thanks 170

Disgusting abuse of the written word! Attempts to write 'realistic dialogue' usually amount to something like this... unreadable gutterspeak!
Old 05-26-2015, 10:29 AM
Satellizer (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default Your play

FHRITP, the play confirmed; you should work on using less profanity and sexulization of pretty much everything, especially one of the characters' room. I enjoyed reading it, despite Guy 2 being a modern-day Chief from Arby n the Chief.

5/10

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Fiction > Scripts