WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat Quarterly > Members' Choice

Members' Choice Nothing like peer recognition! Nominate and vote on the work of fellow members.

Members Choice nominations September 16th - December 15th

Old 09-16-2012, 09:48 PM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 703
Default Members Choice nominations September 16th - December 15th

The new period for nominating your favourite pieces posted by fellow members is now open!

Remember, you can only nominate pieces with an original posting date that lies between September 16th and December 15th.

If you read a piece that you want to nominate, post a link to it in this thread. Naming the piece and mentioning who wrote it. Don't forget to tell the writer you nominated his/her work.

Have fun reading.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by luckyme; 09-18-2012 at 03:07 AM..
Old 09-18-2012, 11:37 PM
Rooster Smith (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Official Member

Thanks 212

http://www.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=41047

Hell, I think we got our first 5 Star piece already! written by a fella by the name of Salgoud, it's called, Life and the aggregation of small pleasures.

Two really strong characters.

the tale is very gripping.

Production is good. He doesn't bunch things up in big walls of text, makes good visual transitions between scenes ...

it's an easy read.
Check out my blog:
Old 09-20-2012, 07:28 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...I'm nominating this poem by Agatha Christie, for many a reason...

http://forums.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=41100

Last edited by Jats; 09-20-2012 at 07:32 AM..
Old 09-20-2012, 10:16 AM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 703

Black Fly by Tor

Old 09-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Rooster Smith (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 212

I'll put black fly on my reading list, Luck.

this is gonna sound weird but the two pieces I read just now are five star pieces as well.

I don't know if there's a limit on how many pieces I can nominate so I might have to start holding back. But as things stand I'm gonna add these two to the list.

A NEW WORLD TO THE PA-AYELLO!

this is the opening to abudla's book but it also serves as a great piece of flash fiction. short but sweet and very orgional.

http://www.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=41119

A BOTTLE OF VODKA, AND A PACK OF CIGS.

http://www.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=41122

this one's just funny as hell. There's a part where the main character is describing a short story that he's just written that I found really trippy and cool.

Like a movie you would watch on IFC 15 years ago.
Check out my blog:
Old 09-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...I'm nominating this too...

http://forums.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=41148
Old 10-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Rooster Smith (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 212

Phoenix has done it again! Brians Revelations Two!!!

Awesome. And if you've been following everything that's been going down in Denby, you gotta wonder what's gonna happen next ...

http://www.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=41399
Check out my blog:
Old 10-05-2012, 05:01 AM
Ethan Blake (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 347
Send a message via AIM to Ethan Blake Send a message via Skype™ to Ethan Blake

I would like to nominate the poem 'Half of me' by Whiskurz

http://www.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=41417

I thought it one of the best I have seen on WB.

Best regards
D

'THERE MAY BE TROUBLE AHEAD!'

Old 10-06-2012, 10:52 PM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 703

I nominate the poem Freudian's Lip by CumbrianLad

Old 10-17-2012, 03:38 AM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 703

Best Soccer Match Ever by CumbrianLad

Old 11-07-2012, 10:11 AM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 703

Siberian Tigers by Judith

Old 11-08-2012, 01:22 AM
Judith (Offline)
Eloquent Troll
Official Member

Thanks 85

Maddy of Railhead by KBR
http://www.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=40692

Jabulani Africa!

Last edited by Judith; 11-08-2012 at 10:32 PM..
Old 11-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

Beefheart
Asshole who died in the middle of rush hour traffic
http://forums.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=42411
Old 12-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Gritsy (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 91
Send a message via Yahoo to Gritsy

"Service With A Smile" by AbdulaOblongata
http://www.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=42154

Well written. Intriguing and beguiling. Hitchcockian.

Last edited by Tau; 12-15-2012 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: repost link
Old 12-14-2012, 02:34 AM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 703

Nice Guys Finish Last by Blake123

The Following User Says Thank You to luckyme For This Useful Post:
blake1138 (12-14-2012)

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat Quarterly > Members' Choice