WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

Addiction

Old 10-26-2016, 03:01 PM
BluebellCharm (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 25
Default Addiction

So, I have my own experiences of addiction however for research purposes I could do with a varied opinion. So my question is if you have ever had any kind of addiction, did you give up your addiction and if so, how? Or if not how does it affect your life and loved ones?

Last edited by BluebellCharm; 10-26-2016 at 03:07 PM..
Old 10-26-2016, 06:20 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 579

I was addicted to smoking cocaine in the late eighties/early nineties. I also did every other kind of drug handed to me. I was playing music in and around Los Angeles and it ended in me crashing and burning and fucking up every connection and bridge I had. I sold all my basses and equipment for drugs and was homeless for a couple months. A friend of mine loaned me his old junky Honda Prelude to live in and I ended up driving it to Phoenix where my mom put me up for a couple of months.

I quit on my own, but I really had to hit rock bottom. I never told my mom about any of it but I think she knew. She never said anything about it to me. She was a recovering alcoholic.

Later I dabbled in weed and alcohol but when my wife got pregnant with our first she threatened to leave if I continued getting high.

I quit everything for almost 20 years.

Now I drink a little beer but am careful not to be excessive about it. No hard alcohol or elicit drugs.
The Following User Says Thank You to brianpatrick For This Useful Post:
BluebellCharm (10-29-2016)

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe