WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

FaceBook Add-on or App Idea...

Old 10-03-2016, 08:34 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 376
Default FaceBook Add-on or App Idea...

Apologies if this already exists but...

FaceBook (or an app) should have a "groundwork" chart; this is the idea that when a person does a favour for someone else the favour should be either returned or paid forward. These can only be given to people who are confirmed friends on the site.

For example, a person, as a favour, helps another person move house, the person moving house might feel obliged to reward the person who helped them move with a slab of beer.

On the FaceBook page a person could add a few +1's to a friend who has helped them so then they know what they owe each friend, and conversely subtract some -1's from friends who they have gave favours to, but have yet to reciprocate or pay forward. This economy of groundwork would be good to have when a person does need to move house, they can check these tallies and make appropriate arrangements.

Secondarily to this Add-on would be a groundwork Add-on in a dating sense of the word, so a person has all these friends on Facebook they would like to bone... I mean "get to know better", so they might do a few favours and these favours may be worth a coffee, or a dinner, a night at the movies etc, but if this is not reciprocated, the FaceBook-Add-on will alert the person doing the groundwork that the person they are trying to date is not interested or leading them on.

Thirdly to this, would be the Sociopath-Add-On, people who are cunts to other people could be scored as cunts. So if a person gets a friend request they could check out the person asking and see if they are a massive cunt or not.

I'm sure there would be some ways to abuse the system, like stating a person is a cunt when they are not (but given that these are handed out by "friends" would make you wonder), or only giving a small +1 for a large favour, like building a house from scratch for free (but given that these are handed out by "friends" would make you wonder).

Anywho - any comments? Contributions?

And if Zuckerberg is reading this, which he no doubt is, let me know your thoughts?

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 10-03-2016, 09:23 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 376

Here is another FaceBook add-on or app idea, statistically speaking there are people out there like you, who are living, have lived, or will live a very similar life to you. This add-on will allow people who are statistically similar make friends with each other and if a statistically similar person has achieved the goals you would like to achieve you can hit them up for some clues.

The person who gives clues can receive "donations" or "gifts" - tax free I would presume.
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 10-03-2016, 09:30 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 376

Here's another idea - the presumed dead App.

Every person, for one reason or another, would like to be presumed dead at one stage or another to get out of a function. I think this should be a reasonable once-in-a-lifetime card a person can play at any time in their life and people should respect it.

For example,
Mother - "Jimmy, it's time to go to Aunty Julia's place"
Jimmy - "Oh man, I'm playing my presumed dead card"
Mother <picks up telephone and dials in a number> "Sorry Aunty Julia, Jimmy died and will not be able to come today"

The funny thing about this app is, it will get to be like that story - That Hell Bound Train - where the guy has the clock to stop time and <SPOILER ALERT> does not use it within his life time.

Everyone would think the opportune moment to play their card will be some future event - but we all know the future event will never arrive - and therefore the person can only play this card when they are, you guessed it, dead.
-George Bernard Shaw

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe