WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Prompts & Challenges > Past Prompts and Challenges

Cliche #17 - Woke Up This Morning (Original Cliche)

Old 05-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Firefly (Offline)
I'm The Crazy One

Thanks 721
Default Cliche #17 - Woke Up This Morning (Original Cliche)

Let's go with one of the most-seen cliched beginnings:

Start the story with the main character waking up.

They can be startled awake. They can be waking up to what they think is "just another average day." Just have those sleepy eyes open--the sunlight coming in through the blinds or not! Or maybe they're feeling like P. Diddy . . .

Submissions should be made as new threads with Cliche #17 in the title. Example: Cliche #17 - Woke Up This Morning (Feel free to use your own title!)

Comments should be made in the respective threads. You don't need to participate in the cliche in order to comment on work presented.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:23 PM
kapman33 (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Icon9

Woke up this morning to the sound of gun fire outside my bedroom window...again. Same as yesterday, and the day before that. Same as always actually. You see when you live in an urban war-zone, you sort of get used to this shit, come to expect it almost. It doesn't even phase you really. I mean, short of a god-damn grenade blowing up right on your front lawn, you learn to deem these things as natural occurences. You don't even give it a second thought really, just "Hell, another gun-shot, wonder if anyone got hit?" No big deal...
I have been living like this since I can remember. I never knew any different, so I guess that's why it doesn't bother me really. It should, but, it doesn't. Sad but true. Sad but true.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:02 PM
567ajt (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 4

I woke up this morning to find the bathroom door locked. Weird- she never takes this long to get dressed.
"Come on bitch! I wanna have sex again!" I yell at her. No answer. I stand up and knock on the door loudly. Shit. She must be having her period again.

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Prompts & Challenges > Past Prompts and Challenges