WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics

Character Clinics Come and discover new things about your characters

Mari

Old 07-17-2012, 05:01 AM
fishstic (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Location: I've moved to my imagination it's okay though, they know me here.
Thanks 5
Default Mari

Hey y'all. I guess I should introduce myself. My name's Maritza but my friends call me Mari. Well my friends, mom, dad and cousin.

I found out that I am adopted when I was ten years old.

I have this gift to see things, it's cool and annoying at the same time. By see things I mean like I can see when people are lying and people's emotions.

The other day I made a new friend her name is Diana. She's teaching me to use different weapons on account of the monsters and dangerous things we'll face on our journey. I should have mentioned the journey earlier, I have been chosen by the gods to find the magical weapons that can defeat a god so that they can stop Orcus who is leading his army of monsters and the dead in a war against them. All that and I still can't get mom to let me go skydiving.

Meowth: You're right. We do have a lot in common. The same Earth, the same air, the same sky. Maybe if we started looking at what's the same instead of always looking at what's different, well who knows? ~~ Mewtwo: I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.(My facebook page:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Old 07-17-2012, 06:18 AM
Tau (Offline)
Solemn Simulacrum

Thanks 682

Well hello Maritza
Have a seat, the fire is warm. *passes a water jug across*

So, How do you feel about being chosen?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Enrigo (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 48

Hi Maritza,
How old are you?
Old 07-17-2012, 11:06 PM
fishstic (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 5

Hello Tau,

Thanks for the water. It feels great to be chosen, I just wish I completely understood why they chose me. It must be because I stuck with them even when other people were trying to make me give them up.

Hey Enrigo I am 16.
Meowth: You're right. We do have a lot in common. The same Earth, the same air, the same sky. Maybe if we started looking at what's the same instead of always looking at what's different, well who knows? ~~ Mewtwo: I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.(My facebook page:
)
Old 07-18-2012, 02:59 AM
Tau (Offline)
Solemn Simulacrum

Thanks 682

You say you where adopted, what do you know about your original parents?

As for your gift, have you always had it, or did it manifest at some point?

Old 07-19-2012, 08:05 AM
fishstic (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 5

I know that my mom was an archeologist before I was born and that she had the same name as me. I also know that she died in a house fire when I was five. I don't know much about my dad except his name was John, he owned a canned goods company and liked to go camping.

My gift, I have always had. I didn't know it was special until I told my mom that she was lying when she said my dog had ran away. She asked me how i knew that and I told her about being able to see it in her eyes. Then she told me that the neighbor had accidentally hit the dog with his car one night when she got out. That was when I was twelve.
)
Old 07-19-2012, 08:50 AM
Tau (Offline)
Solemn Simulacrum

Thanks 682

So, do you lie to others, or did it never ocour to you as you thought everybody could see?

On a tangent, what is your stongets childhood memory?

Old 07-19-2012, 08:59 AM
fishstic (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 5

It never occurred to me until that moment that not everyone could see what I saw.

My strongest childhood memory? Well I remember my best friend's tenth birthday like it was yesterday because I sent him on a scavenger hunt to find his birthday presents. He took me with him and he almost got run over by a truck because he wasn't watching where he was going.
)
Old 07-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Loz (Offline)
Captain Unicorn Biscuits

Thanks 999

Heh, what is it about Skydiving that appeals to you? Are you close to your mum or is she overprotective being that your chosen?
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 07-19-2012, 03:57 PM
fishstic (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 5

The thrill and danger. I love my mom, she's not to overprotective about it. she seemed to know it was going to happen sooner or later and sometimes she'll send me supplies or a letter. i'm not sure how she gets them to me I just know she does and it's cool.
)
Old 07-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Tau (Offline)
Solemn Simulacrum

Thanks 682

If you where not chosen what would you like to have been you career path?

Old 07-20-2012, 09:44 AM
fishstic (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 5

My dad keeps telling me that I'll always have a place on the force with him, but I don't want to be a cop. I want to explore the world, to be an archaeologist and explore the ruins of old.
)
Old 07-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Tau (Offline)
Solemn Simulacrum

Thanks 682

So what facinates you about archeology?

Old 07-20-2012, 12:14 PM
fishstic (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 5

The window into the past that it gives. It fascinates me that in the past people built grand palaces to the gods, but the best we can do now is name our kids after them randomly.
)
Old 07-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Tau (Offline)
Solemn Simulacrum

Thanks 682

So your real interest is in the gods, why?

Old 07-20-2012, 01:04 PM
fishstic (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 5

Why is anyone ever interested in religion? I don't really have an answer except that I wouldn't feel right if I wasn't trying to get closer to the gods. I really like how the gods make their presence known to everyone. Lately however people have started converting to a monotheistic religion and those people can't prove that their god exists, but I can prove mine exist. I guess what I am trying to say is that I am interested in the gods because they're there and it makes me fell better knowing that there is a reason for everything even if it's just that Juno and Jupiter are mad at each other again.
)
Old 07-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Tau (Offline)
Solemn Simulacrum

Thanks 682

I don’t know, I was just trying to get to the bottom of your interests, to see what you think.

To quote some philosopher whose name I cannot remember.

“What is faith with proof but arrogance in one’s own belief?”
What do you make of this?

On a complete tangent, why is the sky blue, and what is your favourite food?

Old 07-23-2012, 08:41 PM
fishstic (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 5

If i completely understood that I would make of it whatever i want. I like having proof that the gods are there, if that makes me arrogant then so be it. I guess what I mean is seeing is believing, or so they say. Imagine what that must mean for someone who is blind. They can't see anything so what do they believe and why?

The sky is blue because of light rays reflecting and refracting off the blue particles. Umm... We learned that in science in 5th grade. we don't really have a mythological reason for it.
((the internet offered this: "afrodity the greek goddess of beutty spilt her prettios blue perfume on the clouds and it slid right off and stained the sky" but with that spelling I'm not sure i can trust it))

My favorite food is dill pickles. do I need a reason?
)
Old 07-23-2012, 08:49 PM
Tau (Offline)
Solemn Simulacrum

Thanks 682

Originally Posted by fishstic View Post
If i completely understood that I would make of it whatever i want. I like having proof that the gods are there, if that makes me arrogant then so be it. I guess what I mean is seeing is believing, or so they say. Imagine what that must mean for someone who is blind. They can't see anything so what do they believe and why?
Oh I was not saying that you where being arrogant, merely playing devil’s advocate with faith with and without proof, to see how you think. Maybe you should talk to a blind person to see what they think on the matter.

My favorite food is dill pickles. do I need a reason?
No, not really.

If you could ask the gods a question, what would it be?

Old 07-23-2012, 10:56 PM
fishstic (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 5

One question? Well it certainly wouldn't be May I ask you a question. Let me think about this.............................................. ...................... well I might ask them about the weapons. I mean if these weapons they want me to find can really kill a god, them why did they leave them where humans could find them in the first place; why have them; why not destroy the weapons so that man could not destroy them?
)
Old 07-29-2012, 01:04 PM
katy (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

is there any reason that youre able to "see" things? does it have something to do with your biological parents, or something like that?
Old 07-29-2012, 04:26 PM
fishstic (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 5

I am not sure. It might. I've never really wondered why; for the longest time I thought it was normal and that everyone could see like I can. Even when I found out that I was wrong I was told that I was special and left it at that. Maybe I'll ask someone soon.
)

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics