WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics

Character Clinics Come and discover new things about your characters

Jonah Warden

Old 02-08-2012, 05:06 AM
Atrelegis (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 11
Default Jonah Warden

I was given the name Jonah Warden when I left the desolate wasteland of the Rift. For years, I have crossed the Border States, surrounding the Rift, executing the Old Guard's revenge.
But I'm getting ahead of myself.
Two hundred and ten years ago, there was the Firedust Empire. Its territories reached from ocean to ocean. I am told it was a glorious thing to behold, a machine of military might unlinke which anyone has ever seen. Its masters were the Weaponsmiths, men of intellect and vision, who created weapons of unimaginable destruction as a means of enforcing peace.

The Firedust Empire's enemies were the Vas'Iiri, a nation of namds who calimed to descend from celestial beings, that considered the Weaponsmiths' work anathema to their doctrine. They fought the Empire tooth and nail and tore it down, using unholy means, calling down the wrath of their gods.It cost the Empire its farmlands and its greatest source of potable water.

Two years later, there was the coup. The Empire fought valiantly for control and its elite force, the Old Guard, attempted to wrest control of the situation. It all went sour, then. The Government dropped the L-bomb on the old capital, effectively destroying the center of power. The Old Guard was destroyed.

But its desire for revenge is still alive. I have been sent out to the world to carry it out. Against people I hardly ever knew. I will not sleep, will not rest, until my mission has been carried out. And then?

Who knows?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:37 AM
Frances (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 2

What was your name and life like before you left the Rift?

Why were you picked to do this mission, or was there others?
Old 02-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Atrelegis (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 11

Originally Posted by Frances View Post
What was your name and life like before you left the Rift?

Why were you picked to do this mission, or was there others?
I was not given a name while I was in the Rift. I was always the Other. There were two people with me, there. One was called Isaac, the other Ichabod. Isaac I hardly knew, he died shortly after he brought me to life. Ichabod was a rough man, a just man. He never gave me a name, but he gave me books to read. Books that told the stories of men like old man Dead-Eye and his Expungers. I learned much from him and from their books. Tried to become like them. It was the only way I knew how to be.

I was brought to life for this mission. I was told there were others but there were hardly any details. Never saw anyone like me while I was in the Rift. Just Isaac and Ichabod. They were good men and they were the only men I'd known.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics