WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics

Character Clinics Come and discover new things about your characters

Keterina Grey

Old 07-29-2012, 01:30 PM
katy (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default Keterina Grey

My name is Keterina Grey. I'm 15. i lived with my little sister Rebecca until a few days ago. You see, my mom was Taken when we were very young. I remember the night the Shadows came like it was yesterday. i watched them kill m father and drag my screaming mother away to the Dark Realm. i remember sitting on the doorstep holding my baby sister in my arms and thinking that my mom was dead and knowing we had knowhere to go. we were alone.
then, Mr. Trevor was walking by and found us and took us in, raised us as his own.then, about a month ago, the dreams started. a man who said he was my father came to me and tod me of the prophecy and of how we were the only people who could save our mother, as well as the rest of the world, from the Shadows. Turns out, Trevor and his neice, Jenna, whos parents were also Taken and therefore shes lived with us as well, knew about this already. they were to protect us from them untill we were of age to fullfill the Prophecy.
since then, ive been able to do magic that i never knew existed. i can bend fire and water and air. i can heal as well as kill with my violet aura, which i never knew i had. my world has changed so much in the past week. now i am alone with my sister standing at the portal to the Shadow Realm, the door to our destiny.
and i just dont know if i can do it. i should just turn back, before i get us both killed. i mean, how can i be supposed to save the world. how am i expected to fight against those- those things that much stronger and older than we are? i cant. but i must. for my mother, i must try. but how can i bring Rebecca into this with me? i stand at the portals edge, waring with myself, unsure what to do about the incredible responsibilty that has somehow landed on the shoulders of twoinsignifiv=cant orphans.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:38 PM
J.McGraw (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 9

Hi Keterina. That all sounds terrible. How old were you when your mum was Taken? And how old was your sister? It must be a horrible memory.

You say you never knew your magic existed - did you think there was no magic in your world, or just no magic in you? What's it like to suddenly be able to do things you could never do? I hope you have someone around who can show you how to use it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics