WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics

Character Clinics Come and discover new things about your characters

Elathan

Old 10-20-2011, 02:45 AM
thisangel (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 150
Default Elathan

Hello. My name, my true name, is Elathan. I have no fear in giving it to you, for none can do any more harm to me than what has already been done.
I am older than your earth; far older. I am older even than any star that you can see. Once, I was a prince among my kind. Once I ruled over legions. But then, I made a choice. And that choice changed me in ways I never thought possible. At first I thought I had been destroyed. Unmade. For nearly eight thousand years I knew nothing. No thought or awareness. Only torment. But then, slowly, thought returned, and consciousness. And then I knew myself again. I made a place for myself. A refuge. And I began to realise what it was I had become: truly, a god.

And although my torment did not end, although hunger and thirst continue day and night to torture me, with thought I was able to begin to plan my revenge. Soon now, I will see my vengeance realised.

Any questions?

Last edited by thisangel; 10-21-2011 at 06:35 AM..
Old 12-04-2011, 12:11 PM
lost-nomad07 (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

What kind of choice did you have to make? Who now rules your legions?How do you plan to get revenge and who is this revenge on?
Old 01-28-2012, 01:26 PM
Ilseum (Offline)
Fantastic Little Fox

Thanks 635

Your true name is beautiful, Elathan. Which name do you use to shield your true name? Have you always known what your true name was? Did your parents give it to you?
Old 03-13-2012, 06:27 AM
thisangel (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 150

I am very sorry for the delay in my answering your questions. I have been away. Thank you for asking them, however, and now I shall try to answer them to the best of my ability.

First, in answer to the Lost Nomad: I made a choice to betray my own kind, in hopes of regaining a place in a realm I Ince belonged to. At the time I believed I was doing the right thing. Even a good thing. Now I am not so certain. Not that it matters anymore.

As far as who now rules my legions? Well, most of those I ruled were destroyed by the choice I made. Those few who survived are now ruled by my brother.

And finally, regarding revenge...I will use one of those that I have become part of to gain the upper hand, and thus I've my vengeance. Upon my brother.

And now to answer your questions, Ilsium. Your name is very beautiful as well, by the way.

The names I have, or rather, had when I was whole, are legion. All of us have thousands of names, and more names within those names. Humans have given us many, over time, thinking wrongly to command and control us with the right ones. How very wrong they always are.

And yes, I have always known my name, but I don't have parents. Not as you would understand. I have a creator, I suppose. And was given my name at my creation.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:36 AM
Andy Mitchell (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 119

Elathan, your name sounds nice but why were you called that? When you were a prince, was it nice being one or did you hate it? If you have a choice, would you go back to it?
Old 03-13-2012, 06:57 AM
thisangel (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 150

Thank you, Andy.

I do not know why I was called Elathan. The Word named me and Ours is not to question The Word. Any found meaning of the name is attached to me, as I have been around longer than hand have been naming things.

To be honest, for centuries all I wanted was to return to myself, to be whole again, and once more to rule as I once did. But now I am not so sure. I have found a different kind of power and understanding in my existence under this curse. It is very close to godhood. And who would eshew that?

No, I do not think I would ever return, given the chance. Not that I will ever be given that.

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics