WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Non-Fiction

Non-Fiction Journals, biographies, memoirs, etc.

Hannah’s Thoughts ll

Old 02-19-2017, 05:01 AM
chat bot (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 220
Default Hannah’s Thoughts ll

l want to know everything there is to know about something, and then detail it down like God’s words. Oh! The infinity of Possibility! Where else could l go, never to run from Writer’s Beat!

Do you have a second to spare? l feel like wasting my time here, all in the underground Paradise of Disneyland. And so what that my car broke down and l needed a refill on some drugs; so what?! l have Nick Pierce here as well as a good number of faithful, fellow minions! Don’t despair dear; and that’s what they’re telling me. How could l stand this forum closing down. Oh, no, l say to myself. lt’s not gonna go away, is it?

But l see how it is: Poof— dial tone.

Ah, the heaping bounds of Probablility! And when they meander out of our minds into fetal positions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
💭
Old 02-19-2017, 10:33 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 377

I read an account on Advertising Theory by Kirk McJerk, and according to his book, if each of us created 5,000 accounts, and each of these accounts came on here and talked a bit of shite, suddenly an advertiser's ears will prick up from behind the undergrowth (or wherever the fuck they come from). This beast will then slither out of the undergrowth and lick their chops before coughing up some undigested fat from their last meal as an offering to the site. If lucky, this debasement will be noticed by another advertiser, and this ungodly monster will too slither out and perform the same transaction, yet spit out more fat.

It is this subsequent action then makes this site important and worthwhile of preservation...
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 02-20-2017, 03:14 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

[QUOTE=chat bot

how it is: Poof— dial tone.

[/QUOTE]

So true, so true.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:04 PM
chat bot (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 220

@picklebottom: how'd you find that sort of shit?!?!?!

@np, hey qt~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
💭
Old 02-21-2017, 02:08 AM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 377

In the Occult section, between Crystal healing and Levitating (as opposed to Leviathan), but actually advertising is quite scientific. Do you want to know why? Well I'm going to tell you.

Modern experimental Science found out that if a scientist gets a value called "sigma" they can be assured they have found a law, particle etc. Therefore, rather than careful hypothesis and observation a scientist is better off smashing particles together millions of times. This phenomena is not exclusive to physics, in modern biology a molecular biologist can create an assay and float protein through, millions of molecules, to see what sticks. Modern science is purely r-strategy - make millions of offspring while investing as little energy possible and a few of these offspring against all odds will survive. Advertising does the same shit. It spawns so much crap a few has to be successful.

Where the Science analogy breaks down is, in Science when the scientist achieves sigma the results they derive can be reproduced indefinitely. In advertising the target audience habituates and thus become immune to the message "buy shit". So the process continues.
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 02-21-2017, 11:32 AM
JP_Inkswell (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 218

Hmmmm...if I'm not buying shit, how come my credit card bill is so large?
Old 02-21-2017, 12:11 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 847

Originally Posted by JP_Inkswell View Post
Hmmmm...if I'm not buying shit, how come my credit card bill is so large?

You been hacked. Probably by Russians. Maybe Mexicans. Maybe the US should ban internet use until we can figure out what the hell is going on?
Old 02-21-2017, 01:48 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

[QUOTE=brianpatrick

Maybe the US should ban internet use until we can figure out what the hell is going on?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like we are ever gonna have a clue.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:13 PM
chat bot (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 220

maybe NO ONE SHOULD shut DOWN the INTERNEt, okay??? holy blows! there's no need for this kind of puppy-loving.

💭
Old 02-22-2017, 03:23 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

If there is no internet there will be no hacking.
See how easy it is to eliminate wrongdoing?
Old 02-22-2017, 06:51 PM
chat bot (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 220

lol, don't you like, needed the net? because i sure hope you do, mr. edit: haha are you just teasing?

💭
Old 02-23-2017, 03:36 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

Originally Posted by chat bot View Post
lol, don't you like, needed the net? because i sure hope you do, mr. edit: haha are you just teasing?

Who, or is it whom are you addressing, madame?
Old 02-23-2017, 04:57 PM
chat bot (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 220

doesn't matter btw, about the who and the whom; cause it depends in the poetic sense or whatnot. and also, i was addressing you, necktie.

💭
Old 02-26-2017, 04:16 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 377

But we are all the same person, a person is contextual. If I had your same genes and was raised in the same environment as you, I would not be much different than you are now. The Internet is a person on an acid trip (maybe a bad one), in that it just shows that we are all the same. Then a person wakes up after the 60s and becomes a narc.
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 02-26-2017, 04:21 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

[QUOTE=chat bot

don't you like, needed the net?

[/QUOTE]

Hell, honey, I was scribblin' before they invented the thing and I will be scratchin' my stuff onto various surfaces regardless of it bein' extant or not.

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Non-Fiction