WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat Quarterly > Contest Central > Previous Contests

Autumn Contes - Hidden - Voting (Poetry)

View Poll Results: Vote for your favourite poetry entry.
Hidden Grief by Agatha Christie 1 14.29%
A Hidden Heart by GaryFagan 0 0%
Confidence by Nacia 0 0%
My Eybrows Grow so Fast by LanceRocks 2 28.57%
Chains of Silk by mrschina 0 0%
Seasons by mlp 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2013, 12:09 PM
Tau (Offline)
Solemn Simulacrum

Thanks 682
Default Autumn Contes - Hidden - Voting (Poetry)

The autumn contest has now closed, thank you all who entered. It is now time to vote for your favourite.
The entries can be read here.
http://www.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=47400

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:18 PM
FX Lord (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 42

Given that I've already suggested the voting may skew towards the earlier submissions since they are higher on the thread, it may appear hypocritical on this occasion for me to vote for Agatha's. I assure all that this decision was not made lightly. I took the time to re-read the others I was considering (I'm not saying which for fear of a backlash) before making my choice and would appeal to others to do the same.

Once again, I really think we should SPAM the current threads to try and get a bigger turnout than on previous polls. Whaddyou think?
Old 09-18-2013, 03:00 AM
Agatha Christie (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 64

Just a quick thanks FX for your vote.
When I look at the entries, my own poem which was first to be submitted, is placed at the bottom of the page, even though it is top of the voting list. Anyone wanting to read it would have to go to the bottom of the poetry page.

I certainly think there could be a disadvantage being first to submit,very much more so with prose, because of this very fact. If you submit first, your entry goes down the reading page as others come in. Personally, I think those that submit first should always be placed first on the reading page. I think it is unfair that the last in gets priority on the page because readers may not have the energy or interest to read all the entries.

Last edited by Agatha Christie; 09-18-2013 at 03:11 AM..
Old 09-18-2013, 10:50 AM
FX Lord (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 42

Originally Posted by Agatha Christie View Post
Just a quick thanks FX for your vote.
When I look at the entries, my own poem which was first to be submitted, is placed at the bottom of the page, even though it is top of the voting list. Anyone wanting to read it would have to go to the bottom of the poetry page.
That's strange that the layout should be that way around for you. On my screen, the earlier entries are at the top and the latecomers are pushed to the bottom. What does everyone else see?
Old 09-18-2013, 12:02 PM
IndigoSpider (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Icon7

Originally Posted by FX Lord View Post
That's strange that the layout should be that way around for you. On my screen, the earlier entries are at the top and the latecomers are pushed to the bottom. What does everyone else see?
I'm brand spanking new to the forums so it is fresh in my mind -- I believe the layout depends on how you have your settings. I, for example, prefer to see older posts first so I can follow conversations easier. However, this can be changed if you go to your dashboard (er, CP I think it is called here?), under 'settings and option' than 'edit options', somewhere in the middle there is a section called "thread display options" where you can chose how you would like to see posts, oldest first or vice versa.

Hope that helps!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndigoSpider For This Useful Post:
Agatha Christie (09-18-2013), FX Lord (09-18-2013)
Old 09-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Tau (Offline)
Solemn Simulacrum

Thanks 682

Indigo is right, the order you see posts in depends on the setting you use. The default is oldest first, but it does not have to be.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tau For This Useful Post:
FX Lord (09-18-2013), IndigoSpider (09-18-2013)

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat Quarterly > Contest Central > Previous Contests