WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table

The Intellectual Table Discussions on political topics, social issues, current affairs, etc.

The Max Crash memorial Donald Trump thread!

Old 04-07-2016, 04:08 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 867
Default The Max Crash memorial Donald Trump thread!

Max has his panties in a wad about having his thread moved, and Binx suggested this thread, but then pussed-out.

I think Donald is a dumbass. Really. He is not nearly as smart as some people say he is. He might be smarter than George W. but just barely.

I'm still gonna vote for him, though. I like watching him stick his thumb in the eye of the status quo. The system is rigged and always has been.

The Following User Says Thank You to brianpatrick For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2016, 05:54 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 867

But hey! Maybe Penn Jillette will decide to run for President next time.
Old 04-07-2016, 06:36 PM
Bagit (Offline)
Dungeon Keeper
Administration

Thanks 490

Trump doesn't sugar-coat much. He hasn't learned to lie through his teeth to get your vote like a puppet-politician. I'd say he's a no strings attached candidate.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:20 PM
flyingtart (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 152

How much power does the president have anyway? I mean Obama promised to do loads of things but never did them.
Old 04-08-2016, 01:20 AM
Devon (Offline)
Guard Dog and Playful Pup
Senior Moderator

Thanks 1,694

Don't get me started on Trump. His name's a four-letter-word in my house.

Twisty mind candy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-08-2016, 02:26 AM
wyf (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Official Member

Thanks 125

Originally Posted by flyingtart View Post
How much power does the president have anyway? I mean Obama promised to do loads of things but never did them.
How unusual for a politician.

Except if Trunp became pres we'd all have to pray he doesn't do any of the things he's promising.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:23 AM
flyingtart (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 152

Originally Posted by Devon View Post
Don't get me started on Trump. His name's a four-letter-word in my house.
Really? Which four letter word?

I stopped caring after Dubya. They're all sociopaths, it's just some of them are better at hiding that fact.
Old 04-08-2016, 04:39 AM
Binx B

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
I'm still gonna vote for him, though. I like watching him stick his thumb in the eye of the status quo. The system is rigged and always has been.
I think Crazy Bernie would do the same, but it's far less likely he'll get anything done, which means he might actually do less damage. So at this point anyway, he may represent the least of all evils.

And politicians are sociopaths? Tell me it isn't so!!!
Old 04-08-2016, 07:38 AM
Devon (Offline)
Senior Moderator

Thanks 1,694

Really? Which four letter word?
Every. And some three- and five-, and maybe some seven-letter words, too. Every time he's on, making a speech, I have to leave the room. Can't stand his voice, and can't stand the crap he talks about. Mostly about himself.

*ducks and runs for cover*

He's just really . . . not a good idea for this country. At all. Punish women for having an abortion? Really?? What era does he live in??

Twisty mind candy:

Old 04-08-2016, 07:43 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 653

Originally Posted by flyingtart View Post
ON the other hand, Obama and his former S.O.S. walked all over congress, not bothering to clean the donkey poop off their boots before doing so. And Obama continues to walk over Congress, so they are either impotent, stupid or complicit.

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:48 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 653

If large campaigns come with quid pro quo, then pay attention:

The arms industries have donated to candidates in this order (as of end of March 2016)
1. Hillary $454,994
2. Bernie $310,055
3. Ted Not Eligible Cruz $307,955.
4. John Kasich $39,194
5. Donald tRUMP ($10,586) - Donald probably has hairpieces that cost more than this amount.

For anyone seriously thinking about Hillary - she obviously has zero problems with using U.S. military as a cat's paw for whatever, the complex recognizes this and is rewarding her accordingly.

Given H. Rodham's track record, I don't know why Politico.com claims surprise that she's received a shower of gold from arms makers. http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...ed-cruz-213783

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.

Last edited by Mohican; 04-08-2016 at 07:54 AM..
Old 04-08-2016, 08:01 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 653

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
Max has his panties in a wad about having his thread moved, and Binx suggested this thread, but then pussed-out.

I think Donald is a dumbass. Really. He is not nearly as smart as some people say he is. He might be smarter than George W. but just barely.

I guess the largest indictment of the Republican Party is that of the remaining candidates I prefer tRUMP the most.

That said, I think you are off the mark on the intelligence of Bush II and tRUMP.

What tRUMP doesn't do is tailor his statements based off polls from focus groups.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:20 AM
flyingtart (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 152

Every. And some three- and five-, and maybe some seven-letter words, too. Every time he's on, making a speech, I have to leave the room. Can't stand his voice, and can't stand the crap he talks about. Mostly about himself.

*ducks and runs for cover*

He's just really . . . not a good idea for this country. At all. Punish women for having an abortion? Really?? What era does he live in??
Isn't it all attention seeking? It's like he says these things to grab headlines. Who knows what he really thinks.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:17 PM
Devon (Offline)
Senior Moderator

Thanks 1,694

Isn't it all attention seeking?
Of course. Because he's narcissistic. Already he's said HE'S the only one he'll listen to in foreign affairs. :/ Pfft. He's already lost the majority of the womens' vote anyway with his asinine comment.

Twisty mind candy:

Old 04-11-2016, 12:32 AM
Kristijan (Offline)
Noteworthy
Official Member

Thanks 18

Donald Trump I hope you win...
Old 04-11-2016, 01:42 AM
flyingtart (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 152

Originally Posted by Kristijan View Post
Oooh. Ace trolling.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:54 AM
Devon (Offline)
Senior Moderator

Thanks 1,694

The Republican nomination? Or the general election? He's not supposed to do well in the general election.

Or are you being sarcastic?

Twisty mind candy:

Old 04-11-2016, 05:08 AM
Bagit (Offline)
Dungeon Keeper
Administration

Thanks 490

I believe he's said a few things that were on the wrong side of gaining favoritism/support, but he recanted on some, perhaps realizing his mistake. I just feel Trump will step on the "status quo" and fight for the legal people in this Country.

Trump made some mistakes in his business dealings also. But are we to hold it against him for exploiting "loopholes" to make money...er, cut back on expenses?

Last edited by Bagit; 04-11-2016 at 05:32 AM..
Old 04-11-2016, 06:49 AM
Kristijan (Offline)
Noteworthy
Official Member

Thanks 18

I hope to see Donald Trump as president of the United States of America....different times ask for different people.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:39 AM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 867

He's not supposed to do well in the general election.

Seems that way in polls right now, but he's a different kind of candidate. The idea that the general will go the way the polls are showing now could be wishful thinking.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:37 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 357

If Hillary is the competition I think it will be a sweep. Not because I think he's so much better, but because I think she's so much worse.
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
Old 04-12-2016, 01:37 PM
Kristijan (Offline)
Noteworthy
Official Member

Thanks 18

I had this thought, insane , that the next president (who ever he/she is) of United States of America will be assassinated.... I don't know where the thought came from , but there she was. I am interested does any one know is that actually possible ,today, with the 21 century security around the president of USA...?
Old 04-12-2016, 04:12 PM
Bagit (Offline)
Dungeon Keeper
Administration

Thanks 490

Are you talking an "inside" job? If so . . . very possible.
Old 04-12-2016, 04:33 PM
Kristijan (Offline)
Noteworthy
Official Member

Thanks 18

Assasanation by Isis ,or some minority
Old 04-12-2016, 04:35 PM
Kristijan (Offline)
Noteworthy
Official Member

Thanks 18

But I am concentrating on Trumpand saying minoritys,but in my thought was ISIS and the next president ,who ever it is...
Old 04-12-2016, 06:00 PM
Bagit (Offline)
Dungeon Keeper
Administration

Thanks 490

Perhaps Trump is the only candidate with the mentality to push back against the "establishment" . . . making him much more vulnerable, if he's elected.

Who knows what the propaganda machine would tell us...
Old 04-12-2016, 11:17 PM
flyingtart (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 152

Isn't Bernie Sanders anti-establishment? I've a feeling he'd meet with an angry lone nut if elected.

Trump seems like Farage to me, talking against the elite while actually being one of them.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:28 AM
Bagit (Offline)
Dungeon Keeper
Administration

Thanks 490

Haven't we had enough of the Democratic lies and mishandling of situations? On this alone I will vote Republican.

Last edited by Bagit; 04-14-2016 at 04:26 AM..
Old 04-13-2016, 08:05 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 653

My Opinion - both major U.S. political parties are extremely corrupt. If you assign white hats to Republicans and black hats to Democrats, or if you are "Liberal" and assign black hats to the Republicans and white hats to Democrats you will experience disappointment.

The established media does lean toward favoring the Demonrats.(ooops I mean Democrats)

Faux News Corp (Oops I meant Fox News Corp) calls itself fair and balanced, and has positioned itself as the "media outlet for conservatives". But they are very pro open borders, pro amnesty for illegal immigrants so at a management level they are undercutting the people that watch their dreck. Fox News at one point was the only haven for Libertarian thought but that is draining away.

All of this means that people should unplug a bit, and view things in terms of the outcome that they want. Ignore the campaign platitudes and view how people have performed in actions.

Old 04-14-2016, 12:27 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 357

The parties are meaningless. Both sides' official positions are bullshit, crafted with one objective only: to con people into voting for them.

Neither side can do what they say, yet politicians must pretend to stand fast, while making deals in the dark.

Voting along party lines is crazy, because, even if they were to do what they say, neither party can deliver everything everyone wants.

Choose your issues, watch your politicians as they come up through the ranks, and vote based on what you actually see them do, and why, rather than what they claim to have done, and why.
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
The Following User Says Thank You to Prodigalson For This Useful Post:
chippedmonk (04-17-2016)

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table