WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself; we're all writers here, nothing to hide!

Hiya

Old 02-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Darktherapy (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default Hiya

Hiya, my name is Christina :)

I've been writing since I was a kid, but a few years ago I got way off track and out of touch with who I am and what I want to do with my life. I'm back on track now and know that I'm not happy unless I'm writing. I thought it would be a good idea to surround myself with other writers, so here I am. I'm really hoping to become part of a writing community, learning different writing techniques and making some new friendships along the way.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:31 PM
Zodea (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 33

Welcome Christina. I find writing to be my current addiction. I'm working on a fantasy novel and finding the going much more difficult than I expected. I plan to push through until I finish the darned thing.

What do you write? We will be looking forward to hearing from you!

Soon to be author of The Guardian's Mage

Old 02-13-2012, 08:51 PM
Darktherapy (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

Hello, Zodea. Nice to meet you.

I would love to write fantasy, but I imagine it takes quite a lot of planning out. I love horror - watching it, reading it and writing it.

I have an obsession with zombies right now - probably due to my favourite series The Walking Dead. It's been really hard to write though as it's been done over and over. How do you make it new without making it even more far-fetched? That is what I'm stuck trying to figure out at the moment.

I've also been working on a children's book. Writing stories and poems for my kids has always been something that I've found fun. It's my way of hopefully passing on the love of reading and writing to them as well.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:01 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,778

("...I mean, there you go then, and a very wise choice indeed..." started the goblin in his welcome here, seeing that Darktherapy's seeking the company of writertypes was better than that of zombies because zombies were mobile and had special requirements whereas the writertype kind of stayed put and, once they were firmly planted in front of their computer, needed very little aftercare too, and then the goblin felt that he really had to confess something, saying "...well, you know how those zombies keep telling you how they like brains well I hate to admit this but you see those zombies have totally given up on this forum, probably moved on in disappointment now, but instead we do have filtered coffee and homemade cookies to offer you now, which I suppose makes up for it...")

Last edited by fleamailman; 02-14-2012 at 09:20 AM..
Old 02-14-2012, 06:57 AM
Darktherapy (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

A very creative welcome. Thank you!

Coffee and homemade cookies definitely make up for the lack of Zombies. I'm sure the forums smells much better for it as well :P
Old 02-15-2012, 05:25 PM
Zodea (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 33

Originally Posted by Darktherapy View Post
Hello, Zodea. Nice to meet you.

I would love to write fantasy, but I imagine it takes quite a lot of planning out. I love horror - watching it, reading it and writing it.
Planning? ohhh... I knew I was missing something! I just keep writing and let my characters tell the story.

http://www.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=35820
I tried to write a zombie story here. It was quite fun. Someday I'll finish it. Maybe after I finish my novel. I have extended my "deadline" for the rough draft to the end of March. I should be able to get started on and wrap up the final conflict by then.

OHH... and fleamailman... where are you hiding the filtered coffee? Weren't you going to share with ME?

Enjoy your night/day

Soon to be author of The Guardian's Mage

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions