WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

oh how I hate editing posts, so share with me then

Old 04-26-2016, 02:08 AM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 375

Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
"...it's like everything else I do Prod..." went the goblin, then explaining "...simply I knew I'd be up against those trolls before long, so I did a foray through youtube for troll's songs before going into the fray on their forum, suspecting too that something that got under my thick skin would equally get under theirs as well...", in fact, the goblin suspected that the reader regardless of which creature he was he didn't want any one type of post always but instead wanted some divergence in content between the posts, thus writertypes probably enjoyed troll's posts at times just like trolls could enjoy livewiter's posts too, where normal people could just enjoy the oddity of both he imagined, adding "...naah I take wherever type of forum I'm on quite seriously like a venue as it were Prod, where it's like balancing things without going too far in any one direction..."

What's up, my brother from another mother? It's been some time, I see you're still going strong though, keep up the good work ellipse ellipse ellipse

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 04-26-2016, 03:09 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,725

("...yay Pickle, long time no post, how it going your end..." smiled the goblin happy to see a fellow survivor as it were, then adding "...yes life goes on and I'm still at it too, I'm pleased with my posts, well at least till I note the typos...")

repost from elsewhere

the goblin returned saying "...it would seem that both the electorate, and the shareholders too, cause more harm than good to their wards in the end, in that they wrongly vote for that which they believe is best for them at present situation resulting in welfare programs for the electorate and vulture capitalism, such as seen by those "pump and dump" ploys, for the shareholders, resulting in turn with governments increasing turning to banks for help, and companies increasing placing their shareholder's profits before reinvestment and research..." simply that the goblin felt that any given democracy was unsustainable if its populous was ill educated and shortsighted, much like any company would be doomed if its shareholders only looked for their own short term profit each time, sighing "...the concept of democracy in both cases is flawed by that temptation for personal greed therein, thus no one likes to admit that the government needs a statesman who governs wisely with an iron fist, much like a company needs a boss who isn't answerable to shareholders neither, yet to borrow peter the great's words the one thing worse than bad government is weak government where capital hill is the weimar republic in practice, and where the stock market is counterproductive too...", and yet the goblin also understood that a dictatorship, much the boss system too, simply fell apart when they tried to turn itself into a dynasty

289 5461 280906

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:25 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Djafkri (05-02-2016), PickleBottom (04-26-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 01:55 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 375

It's good to know that you've got good standards. I have been doing this and that and somewhat other, working my way to becoming a professional intelleckchual, nothing else to report I'm afraid, other than my spell check does not agree with my spelling of intelleckchual, shows what "it" knows, but then again, how can "it" compete with an intelleckchual?
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 04-26-2016, 05:24 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing

Thanks 355

My cumpyooter spells 'intelleckchual' just fine, PB.

I was just thinking about old members a while ago, and wondering where you were.

JustcallmeEd says howdy.
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Prodigalson For This Useful Post:
PickleBottom (04-26-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 06:30 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 375

Originally Posted by Prodigalson View Post
My cumpyooter spells 'intelleckchual' just fine, PB.

I was just thinking about old members a while ago, and wondering where you were.

JustcallmeEd says howdy.
I don't want to spam Flea's thread here, but good to hear from you
-George Bernard Shaw
The Following User Says Thank You to PickleBottom For This Useful Post:
Prodigalson (04-26-2016)
Old 04-27-2016, 01:44 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,725

"...no I always enjoy seeing other poster's posts upon this thread here..." replied the goblin, adding "...for if I ever wanted some one man show I'd just do some blog instead, meaning this place is somewhere for anyone to edit their posts upon, yes it's like being onstage in its way with that feeling of audience mixed in with that sense of deadline too, great motivators for anyone like myself who can't write coldly something to be publish months away from the point where I'm writing it...", where the cold snap had geneva's spring flowers was vying with encroaching snow for the goblin's attention upon a beautifully bright cold day, the goblin just smiled "...flowers, snow, just here today gone tomorrow, so look to your pens then, yes anyone can post here, ah but not to let the audience down though, for that if anything is the challenge of it..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:26 AM..
Old 04-27-2016, 04:45 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,725

repost from elsewhere

"...nice blog..." went the goblin who had read that question within it that asked whether the year 2020 would be seen in 2020 vision too, to which the goblin just replied "...no I suspect that it will all collapse far sooner than that though, in that the "dot com bubble" in 2000 occurred just before the change of president, and did the "sub prime bubble" of 2008 with another change of president too, where next will be the "derivatives bubble", which if and it does occur will be bigger than both the "dot com bubble" and "sub prime bubble" combined, after all it could well it be now seeing that the outgoing president has nothing to loose in not agreeing to bailout terms the situation, or then again it could be the federal reserve that raises interest rates as if prove that the economy is doing well only the crash things instead, who knows really, only that shall we admit that it is this moment again in the cycle by looks of things, not in year 2020 then but in year 2016...", yet to the goblin this was only the biggest on the baddies as it were, where many baddies seemed out there, and where the world slept on quite lulled on by the media as it were, meanwhile though the powerless goblin frantically watched on keeping ward with his pen, not that it changed anything though, no it simply meant that he was awake by it

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:27 AM..
Old 04-27-2016, 11:22 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing

Thanks 355

Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
repost from elsewhere

...many baddies seemed out there, and where the world slept on quite lulled on by the media as it were, meanwhile though the powerless goblin frantically watched on keeping ward with his pen, not that it changed anything, no it simply meant that he was awake, that's all

So you took my advice, then (from another thread):

Don't go to sleep. Do not use cool sax and playing cards to put yourself to sleep.

They use games and music to program us not to think, and ply us with mind-altering substances to keep us from realizing what's really going on.

Really.

DON'T GO TO SLEEP!

You're playing right into their hands if you do.

Never mind. I thought this was the conspiracy thread.

I'm worried about you, flea.
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Prodigalson; 04-27-2016 at 11:25 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Prodigalson For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (04-27-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 02:06 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,725

("...yes if you write then those dreams can be very vivid Prod..." mentioned the goblin who at times needed a rest from his dreaming, explaining "...feedback loop between what one writes out and what one writes inwards while doing it...")

repost from elsewhere

"...well, what started off with me looking for those orchids that I liked has slowly evolved somewhat at a cost financially together with the pain of loss against all my efforts too, into something with hindsight that has me now looking for those orchids still, yet only those that like me back in their way by thriving..." smiled the goblin adding "...truth is that orchids are like most things, some fair better under one set of circumstances while other given the same circumstances fair poorly dying even, so without going into details here, I'll just say that if you go out of your way to look after something then it won't last long for the unsustainability therein, likewise posters who post solely for the forum's sake basically out of kindness, and writers who hate writing but who are out for personal gain, are unlikely to last long under the strain of it as seen, pity isn't it, however if you find something that comes to you naturally, then you have it for life...", smiling "...ah but you won't know what comes naturally to you if you sit on your pen like this, you see, me I'm anonymous and have no real reason to write this post here any more than I have any real reason to care for those orchids neither, yet no reason is the best reason of all, for then it's by your nature instead, ah yes, you by your posts alone for no reason whatsoever, you by your pen as if were, so welcome to forumland here if you would care to make it your home still by your posting for no reason really..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:28 AM..
Old 04-29-2016, 10:04 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,725

repost from elsewhere

"...one of your best posts to date, nothing like happiness and pride in one's country is there..." went the goblin appreciating the gatecrasher's post while feeling the irony of it in its way, well what with the goblin's writing in a bistro in chamonix this morning while looking out a clear blue sky and everything just seeming so right and peaceful too, yet the empire beyond the goblin's tranquility was fast heading in the wrong direction if simply because at its base was a runaway debt that the western empire for all it prowess couldn't keep up with, a debt so big and menacing that since it couldn't be bought off would have to be appeased instead, appeased by buying more debt still, thus the debt would feed upon itself until this empire fell too, sighing "...no, the west has downplayed the fact that china has just introduced a chinese gold spot price in yuan, but it, much like the AIIB bank together with the rest of the countermeasures too, just shows a continued divergence away here from both pricing and trading in dollars today...", the goblin restarted "...yes it's just like the roman empire isn't it, where back until the emperor nero stupidly debased the pure silver coinage everyone including those beyond the roman empire traded in roman coins...", the sky above the goblin was deep blue now with a shiny yellow disk in its center, where the still sunbathing goblin sat below drinking his coffee seemingly without a care in the world, the world though for its part had all the cares one could possibly imagine

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:28 AM..
Old 04-30-2016, 07:53 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,725

repost from elsewhere, the christian's forum, chatting with a fish persona

I notice that on CF you never leave this lane. Tis your liberty of course. Maybe it's just me wanting to see a cheshire cat midst the hawks and pigeons . So is there really nothing that 'ordinary' people can do? They also serve who only stand and write? Go Well
"...ever at the base of our existence it's "ours is to witness", an awareness born of observation, alas of evil doings mostly..." repeated the goblin who hated those who would interpret "render unto ceasar" as some "surrender unto ceasar", and "blind faith" as that "look the other way faith", adding "...no, ours is to witness, thus my writings are how I see things, so I witness then, where anyone can write only they don't bother to, whereas any livewriter could stop only they can't really as the urge to write just builds up inside each time, where I guess I have as much difficulty trying to get those writertypes on their forum to take their "writing online" seriously, as I would have here if I ever tried to get you christians to see that your congregation is online too now, yet the truth is that more folks are reading posts than most anything else, yet how many of those who post posts embrace that understanding there by way of what they post..." whereupon the goblin smiled "...it's simple fish, a livewriter goes to the reader wherever they are with whatever he writes, prompting a direct correspondence as it were, why, because if no one responds then he goes hungry in their just reading him or in their passing him over..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:29 AM..
Old 04-30-2016, 09:42 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,725

repost from elsewhere, chatting with the gatecrasher,

"President Putin over-reacted." the gatecrasher concluded, "He had sixteen years in the KGB and tons of political experience but he doesn't know anything about rocket science. Those people at Roscosmos know all about launching rockets into space so no way they should ever be criticized for wanting perfect launches. The first launch from the new Vostochny Cosmodrome was total win!
Rolling the rocket out for the launch
The Launch
The News about the launch

He knew that politicians had training for politics and business but not very many ever had training for tech careers. He also knew that launching a rocket to orbit is one of the most difficult things anybody can do and there will always be issues. And this is only the beginning. Moving forward with Vostochny - the first civilian spaceport inside Russia - means also launching manned spaceflights and heavy rockets. And that means more infrastructure and time. But this was the first step and a total win! More wins later and the gatecrasher couldn't wait to see those too!
"...beautiful sight..." went the goblin thanking the gatecrasher and remembering simpler times in his childhood when it was the apollo moon landings, in fact he didn't care which country managed it, just that someone got to the moon was all that mattered to him, then adding "...putin is probably worried that a failed launch would reflect badly upon the prowess of russia, where I'm sure that it's the same with all leaders worldwide, that there is always someone ready to step into his shoes should he alienate his own powerbase, where if it's politics then the rule of thumb in the west is that the assassin cannot become the leader by the assassination, for example micheal hesetine upon failing to win the vote for leadership against the then prime minister magaret thatcher, orchestrated her ousting after he had lost, thus he dethroned her yes, yet his penalty was not to be allowed to become prime minister in her stead...", in fact, historically there were exceptions such as benjamin disraeli after the party split apart leaving no other choice to go up against gladstone, smiling "...ah, but in politics what rule doesn't have its exception..."

289 5471 281679

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:30 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Djafkri (05-01-2016)
Old 05-01-2016, 02:01 AM
Djafkri (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 72

Totally true. I'm all over the first launch at Vostochny cosmodrome, The SpaceX controlled stage-1 landings, Curiosity rover on Mars, The ESA Rosetta Philae probe landing on the comet, the New Horizon Pluto fly-by, and everything else space-flight.
Vostochny means Russia has new ambitions in space and that's so totally cool but I'm all over any country that has those ambitions.The people that make spaceflight happen are not politicians, just Earthlings.
fleamailman (05-01-2016)
Old 05-02-2016, 05:23 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,725

("...I wouldn't have managed that reply if you hadn't fed me that post first gatecrasher..." smiled the goblin appreciating the company now, then adding "...many forums many viewers too, a diversity of views, no I'm mad really, but I could never write coldly without someone's company now, for I want those readers to jump out of their seats, where I don't mind if they throw rotten vegetables at full force, or flng flowers at my feet, come to think of it I think prefer the flowers though, but if they say the only good indian is a dead one, then I guess the only bad reader is a dead one too...")

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:31 AM..
Djafkri (05-02-2016)
Old 05-02-2016, 06:29 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,725

repost from elsewhere

Hi mailman, My name is xxxxx. I am sending you a message because I want some advise from you how to make more traffic to my site. I am very new here and I really want to improve my website. If you have any advice please let me know. Million thanks, xxxxxx
"...ah now, aren't most folks much like you in their way..." started the goblin thanking xxxxx for asking such a pertinent question this yearly morning before explaining "...in that they stand on the street in full view of all those who pass by while wondering how they could possibly get them to come see their blog but never thinking how to get their blog integrated in the forum instead where those readers already are...", in fact, the goblin didn't have any blog, nor saw the need to one neither, no he merely had his persona now, like every poster here had their persona too, yet he could simply go anywhere and perform wherever those readers were then, where if they liked what they came across they would rather round him and keep him company, smiling "...if you want them to read your blog then first wouldn't it be best to used your posts as your ambassadors upon the forum itself but without turning those posts crudely into your door to door salesmen, btw seeing that everyone creates their own persona by what they write may I ask how you see your persona here, perhaps that would be a starting point...", while the dark sky outside the apartment where the goblin was typing this reply here was unseasonably wet cloudy and cold to the point of despair even, somehow the goblin for his part suspected that what with all these new volcanoes erupting, 34 volcanoes this year alone, it all meant that those wet places would get wetter still while those dry places would get drier then, after all history did point to that being the case each time this happened, smiling "...naah, a livewriter like myself is only ever a few posts away from his own oblivion really, I mean they don't even remember yesterday's posts now do they, but what of it as one doesn't live twice, and it's just a great way to pass the essence of one's existence through the focus on one's pen, it's kind of like daydreaming so to speak but with a pen detailing those dreams then..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:31 AM..
Djafkri (05-02-2016)
Old 05-02-2016, 02:39 PM
Djafkri (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 72

Having watched the May Day parades, the gatecrasher couldn't remember every sign he read and couldn't quote any of the speeches. And he couldn't remember everything that was said at the memorial for the Ashes of Odessa today. Even the May Day parades - or were they just protests? - in the US and the EU were only a blur.
But like Felix Felicis, it was just more potions brewing in cauldrons so if he couldn't remember, it shouldn't matter that much. The words had their impact and he knew that words, like magic, would always leave traces.

fleamailman (05-02-2016)
Old 05-03-2016, 01:34 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,725

repost from elsewhere

Thanks for the reply i get your idea. Do you have a name? What should i call you?Tweeter or something i can connect? or maybe not...
"...call me flea if you like, but why not google my username to see if you can find me by it..." smiled the goblin before adding "...or click upon my username here to see if it pops up my posts in doing so, where if you do find me through these processes then just know you'll be taking the same route there as most of your readers will take when they're trying to find you now, where if your username doesn't lead your readers to your posts, or where it leads them to something or someone else instead, then I guess that your username ill serves you now, for that's how us personas meet here..."

2895476 282239

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:32 AM..
Djafkri (05-03-2016)
Old 05-03-2016, 01:52 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,725

repost from elsewhere, still swimming with a fish on the christian forum

Yo! good day-end to you fellow man and sometime goblin! Whips work not their work against watery creatures, smiles the fish with affection. For water is more mysterious than even mirrors. No one has passed through the looking glass (sorry children) but many have passed through water and seen both sides. Of course refraction, reflection and turbulence complicate clear witness. So …. what to do, what to say? Economically fish and goblin seem to see the same, yeah! As to the nature of evil and the overcoming of it, here there is much refraction, reflection and turbulence twixt us. This world and the hearts of men are ruled by the prince of this world and to 'see' this is to 'see' the true nature of evil. To think that man by and of himself can overcome evil is foolish futility. 'Tis only by the power of The Prince of Peace (who carries The Sword) that evil has been, will be and can be overcome. Whatever we may say or write we all will do according to what we believe in our hearts (there is the starting point). So the fish whipped his tail and swam into the moonrise. The goblin grinned and waved his whip. And Alice, poor Alice peered down the grim and grimy rabbit hole and asked the the mad hatter, “Have you ever been to Wonderland?” ><>
"...the guy with the sword sees not only those who use their prayers but also those who used their whips upon evil too..." replied the goblin liking the fish for keeping him company still, the adding "...I mean what is the point of being god's instrument on earth here we don't throw ourselves to the lions for real, simply if my church won't speak out against the evils of debt in our midst then can it be my church really, if my church won't stand upon the street in protest against those foreign wars, if my church won't speak out against our loss of our civil liberties today, if it won't then it has lost god's battle and is simply owned by cesear who waves his 501c3 tax exemption form in utter contempt of what chirstianity should be, where you and I can be the good samaritans perhaps, or we can be just like those parisees who go through the motions performing those rituals while professing all manner of oaths but not lifting a finger really, not even noting that evil amongst us, just voiceless in acquiescence to the state of slavery, ah no that's not my church fish, for my church is the street itself and when I take to the street fish it's not just on sunday for a couple of hours worship, it's more 24/7 in fact, where "ours is to witness"..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:33 AM..
Djafkri (05-03-2016)
Old 05-04-2016, 01:14 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,725

repost from elsewhere, upon the closure of fictionpost furum

by now the goblin imagined himself to be one of the last ones posting here then, for the forum itself would be closed shortly and that he, like most others within his imaginings, would be looking for a new home so to speak upon another forum, smiling "...ah, but isn't it always like this really, hasn't it always been like this from the beginning with people and places passing away from us with time as if it were pushing us form behind causing us to carry our past within ourselves still, then restarting anew with new people and new places too, but where there is ever this want to hold onto this present today isn't there, and that yearning for those times before too, naah, life doesn't get any easier but one does grow used to this "letting go and moving on" much like an adult must I guess...", the goblin then laughed at that thought though, restarting "...well now, if one becomes an adult when one leaves home then perhaps I'm not an adult yet, or perhaps by now I'm an adult many times over then, just much depends upon which me I go by really, whether I look at my heart or my feet..."

290 5478 282402

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:34 AM..
Djafkri (05-06-2016)
Old 05-05-2016, 11:48 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,725

repost form elsewhere

"...that'll be three francs please goblin for your coffee..." said the girl in the bistro while the goblin then replied "...haven't got it, tell you what though, since I don't have three francs on me now, I can give you ten francs tomorrow instead...", the girl didn't like the idea so the goblin explained "...no, my advice is that you sell this debt on to someone saying you'll then give them twenty francs in a week, there, see how you've got twenty francs out of my three francs...", the girl was smiling so the goblin continued "...where no doubt that person too will then take that loan to the bank proposing that he'll give them a hundred francs over a month, whereupon the bank will bundle it together with other loans renaming it a "bond" to sell on to wallstreet, making it many thousands of francs maturing over so many years as it were, then wallstreet can go with those junk bonds to some central bank like the federal reserve for example exchanging their bonds for treasury bonds with even more returns over a very extended maturity, whereupon the central banks will go to the international monitory fund to issue "special drawing rights"...", "...yes but what if that IMF there couldn't meet those loans with their SDRs, wouldn't the buck kind of stop there then..." inquired the girl not so sure again, to which the goblin simply replied "...yes indeed it would stop there I suppose, but by then I'd have my coffee and you'd have your 20francs too so where's the harm, and what's more if we die before the debt is due then we got more than we were due for by it, so now, why not make it two coffees while you're at it, one for both of us then...", the girl skipped beck to the counter where the goblin himself was feeling ever so content with the generosity of humanity as he saw it

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:34 AM..
Djafkri (05-06-2016)
Old 05-06-2016, 10:46 PM
Djafkri (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 72

Having never been at a forum that died, the gatecrasher didn't know how to respond. He had made more than 100 posts and he knew they would all disappear forever. But some people had already read his posts so maybe it didn't really matter. He said what he wanted to share and people listened.

"So the internet has a graveyard." the gatecrasher noted, "Only not like the ones in real-life since nobody can really bury what people are thinking."

He had also found a very unique article about the Airbus A321 crash in Egypt on Twitter. It was buried in millions of other blogs online so he wondered if it should be bookmarked or copied. But he learned tons of new stuff from reading the blog and he knew he would share what he learned so instead of being buried, the blog was really only expanding.

"Websites can die but the information is immortal." he concluded, "It just gets passed to other peoples books and their posts."
fleamailman (05-07-2016)
Old 05-07-2016, 01:57 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,725

repost from elsewhere, the "what are you eating" thread

"...just another day with a coffee and a croissant then..." ventured the goblin looking out from the bistro at a troubled sky over a winter's street, while cars whizzed by on a tarmac road lined by gray cold damp paving stones meant for the passers by, simply those people preoccupied by their dailylife who were either shopping, or commuting, or meeting others perhaps, anyway going somewhere in their plans then, but no what they were was really doing was eating through their moments as it were, they were eating the very sinews of society that in turn ate them back, merely the goblin was no different from any of them really, save that he was also eating it all to his pen too, just that his writing stopped him from taking it for granted he hoped, sighing "...I mean what's the point of it all if one is then so preoccupied within it..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:35 AM..
Djafkri (05-10-2016)
Old 05-07-2016, 04:18 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,725

repost from elsewhere, chatting with a fish on the christian forum

"...I like the focus of your posts fish, but you shouldn't think that my gripe is solely towards the christians for their not witnessing evil, no it's a trait they share in common with most folks who don't try to witness the evil as it were, and since they don't try to see ceasar's evil in their midst they let that evil continue unabated, when they say "it's not my concern", or use "render unto ceaser" for an excuse to not see that tax there, doesn't that mean that they are either asleep or in acquiescence to that evil therein..." smiled the goblin noting as it were many congregations in our midst today, smiling "...where the biggest would be the congregation of ceasar's media coverage today, but then there's the congregation of wallstreet finance, also there's the congregation of mindless entertainment, even there's the congregation of one's own personal problems too, in short just so many congregations that vie for one's attention with their sole intention of keeping one firmly within their congregation, dare I say that they're the churches of the false gods today...", at which point the goblin went back to his original phrase, smiling "...ah yes, "ours is to witness" fish, ours is to witness lest we end up fast asleep in the wrong congregation..."

290 5482 282920

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:36 AM..
Djafkri (05-10-2016)
Old 05-07-2016, 09:34 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,725

repost from elsewhere

"...now more than ever is this need within me to write..." voiced the goblin in the sunlit bristro while thinking upon the breakdown of east/west relations, the debt bubble, the tangled mess of current events, and so much more too, relating "...no, for me at least the point of my pen is not all that cheap "book peddling" that most writertypes get so preoccupied by, no it's simply two things really, exploring those possibilities therein, and seeing if readers will follow me in my conjectures upon whatever let's say by way of a resulting rising hitcount towards it...", where the goblin could have written a book, or done a blog for that matter, but he knew deep down that it would never have matched the readership that being a livewriter upon forumland has, noting "...just most folks don't see their posts as anything of consequence so those around them see their posts in that same light, truth is though, that there are more folks reading posts than most anything else, even if so few writers ever note this short interactive content for its true value, thus they wonder why their book hadn't sold and why their blogs hadn't faired better...", simply the goblin knew how they hadn't put themselves in their reader's shoes, repeating "...simply your readers are here now so you must write in the here now, after all those readers are just like you I imagine for their wanting some short interactive content to relate directly to...", the sunny day pulled the goblin away at this point but he knew he would only return later to see if there were replies if any, smiling "...I mean why ever read the works to those who won't converse..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:36 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Djafkri (05-10-2016), Prodigalson (05-08-2016)
Old 05-08-2016, 11:20 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,725

repost from elsewhere

She cuddled him, she loved him dear. Her shelter from perpetual storm. Silent embrace. She was wondering if she could work with the dead, she didn't find others vulnerability and outpouring of grief to be alien turf or taxing. Funnily, you couldn't feel alone with the dead, and apart from flea .. she trailed off. Thats funny see, the dead were very much alive in her book. She snuggled closer, please love me she whispered silently x
"...well now, don't we just live with our ghosts until we become one of them in our turn I guess..." ventured the goblin still here though, still chatting with them inside himself when not conversing with the humans in his dailylife or with those personas he met across forumland here, smiling "...yes, they're rather silent and persistent, yet those whispers within that silence are quite unmistakable aren't they, where the madness is simply not coming to terms with those voices there...", and didn't everyone hear voices from their past then, where the trick was never to feel either intimidated by them nor arrogant towards them, smiling "...trouble is that if you write, when you actually write it reinforces those encounters and their recollections, where at times too your dreams will play host to all sorts of apparitions again...", the goblin hoped that his explanation had helped in showing that it was perfectly normal in its way as merely being a byproduct of writing then, yet something quite unnerving too while in the throws of its encounter

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:37 AM..
Djafkri (05-10-2016)
Old 05-09-2016, 12:19 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,725

repost from elsewhere

Do you narrate your entire life? Do you do it when you order a burger at the drive through? How about when you're answering your boss's questions?
"...interesting question where the answer is "not intentionally" I suppose..." replied the goblin given to a certain liberty while posting though, then explaining "...even so, the mind tends to wander off while doing the mundane as it were, thus the body gets on the job in hand while my thoughts are left graze upon warmer pastures, otherwise it would reflect of how my dailylife owns me entirely under my obligation towards it...", where for example the goblin was thinking upon this text here while doing the household chores in complacence with his captain's tyranny, sighing "...at its simplest then smile and think murder has been superseded by smile and think elsewhere instead, why, because feeling murderous would be tantamount to admitting it actually held sway over one's emotions, likewise I can write like the other do if it's ever required of me, same type follow the crowd style writing then while no doubt there too I'll be thinking elsewhere in the process...", as the goblin thought what some politician might recount when pressed to say anything where his only message was "not playing ball with capital hill"

290 5485 283231

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:38 AM..
Djafkri (05-10-2016)
Old 05-10-2016, 02:36 AM
Djafkri (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 72

"This is so totally different from last spring." the gatecrasher noted, "I never heard any sirens and the tornadoes were never so huge or so close."
Two people had died near the lake in the mile-wide tornado and he wondered why they didn't seek shelter. But the last tornado that huge was a few years ago and there weren't any sirens last year so maybe they already forgot.
"Climate change?" he wondered.
He noticed that people were sweating at the Victory Day parade on Red Square and even the winter here was too warm and almost no snow. They also said the same about Alberta where the massive wildfire was spreading too fast.
"So maybe people don't really need all the weather data to see what's happening." he concluded, "Just watch the freak tornado seasons, the fires, and the warm winter in Moscow. They may try to hide it in the media but it's so totally obvious everywhere else."
fleamailman (05-10-2016)
Old 05-10-2016, 11:29 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,725

("...I guess we've awoken the plates then, more volcanoes and the ice age..." replied the goblin thanking the gatecrasher before adding "...I followed for a long time scott owen, he stopped doing youtube streams a while back and yes he comes across as a right weido but I couldn't fault his logic upon "post glacial rebound")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVr-VwYveSg
Djafkri (05-10-2016)
Old 05-10-2016, 11:33 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,725

repost from elsewhere

"...I'm happy when you're happy then..." smiled the goblin looking out at a clear blue sky from what had been overcast, adding "...though me, I'm still working on the meaning of why goldman sach's reinventing themselves as a bank at this point from their being a brokerage firm, no I know what it means only that I don't as of yet have a neat way to explain it...", then adding "...it's just I read stuff to have things in my mind where I write stuff to have those same things returned to ether as mine in their way, not that anything is mine in my anonymity really..."
... they're launching pension products for the little guy too ...
"...ah no, it not about pensions anymore, no as they already have enough money they're seeking protection instead, which explains why they've become a bank open to take deposits only from all american citizens starting from just one dollar, where previously anyone of any nationality had to have at least 2million dollars to even get a foot in the door..." replied the goblin suspecting that they thought the game was up, then adding "...meaning the real reason why they're reinventing themselves as a bank is because the suspect that the derivatives crash is all but inevitable now...", yes, somehow it was like the point where the shepherd had finally seen that his pulling down the barrier between the depositor sheep and the investment dogs had simply meant that his flock had been their dinner then, and where now the biggest fattest dog of them all was proposing to become a sheepdog to protect the remaining sheep to save its own skin, sighing "...where if I was the shepherd there, I'd probably say caedite eos, novit enim nominus qui sunt eius and restart things without them..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:39 AM..
Djafkri (05-10-2016)
Old 05-10-2016, 05:26 PM
Djafkri (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 72

Having a limited knowledge of politics, business, and geology, the gatecrasher mostly avoided controversial issues and didn't even know who Scott Owen was... until now. So he liked the part about "post glacial rebound" and he agreed that corporations would take advantage of anything that could add profits but he remained mostly clueless about what was causing the climate changes.

Radiation could be a contributing factor but nothing people can do can cause an ice age and a new glaciation period is overdue. But nobody was here to study glaciations when they happened so we still don't know how that works. It could be very different from our educated guesses and the climate changes could be one starting... or not.

He only knew that the weather was weird and after waiting a whole winter for spring, he wasn't happy that he had to deal with massive tornadoes and now even small earthquakes. There were never any earthquakes here but now more than 100 every year. And it totally crashes a party when everyone runs to the door because sirens or the music stops because power outs. Also broken stuff that got knocked off shelves because earthquake. I was so hoping it would be like last spring without the disasters.
More about that huge tornado in Reuters:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ok...-idUSKCN0Y02KZ
It was so close it set off our sirens too.

But he also totally liked the goblin's analogy about dogs and sheep. It's a lot like a masquerade when greedy corporations use PR to change their image. It just makes them look so much like Gollum - Very friendly until they're ready to eat you.

EDIT
Btw, even if I don't know what's causing the climate issues that doesn't mean I support pollution. It's a no-brainer that pollution is seriously damaging the planet and needs serious controls. Who wants to live on a polluted planet?

Last edited by Djafkri; 05-10-2016 at 08:10 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Djafkri For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (05-11-2016)

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe