WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself; we're all writers here, nothing to hide!

Hello There!

Old 01-29-2006, 07:31 PM
WizardofOwls (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0
Hello There!

Hello everyone! I'm new here and would like to introduce myself to you.

My name is Allen Alderman. I am 41 years old. I live in Wytheville, Virginia USA with Jenette, my wife of 19 years, and Tiffany, our 12 year old daughter. I am a Christian. I do production work at a local factory which makes advanced engineering grade plastics which are used in engines as well as in the oil industry.

In my spare time, I enjoy learning Scottish Gaelic, listening to Contemporary Christian and Celtic music, walking outdoors, playing in the snow, trying to learn to play the tin whistle and piano, working Sudoku puzzles, playing role-playing games, writing and making new friends on message boards. I do not enjoy watching sports and try to avoid watching television at all when possible.

I also enjoy reading. I like Christian fiction (like the Left Behind series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins, and the Nephilim books by L. A. Marzulli), Science Fiction (LOVE Frank Herbert's Dune series, as well Jack L. Chalker's Well of Souls books and post apocalyptic books), and Fantasy (Charles DeLint, C. S. Lewis' Narnia books and Tolkien's Lord of the Rings). I also enjoy reading Shakespeare (The Tempest, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Hamlet and MacBeth are my favorites) as well as Charles Dickens (I have read A Christmas Carol MANY times) and have read the Bible through several times. I even enjoy Young Adult fiction (love the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series, Dragons In Our Midst, and The Warriors series).

I look forward to meeting all of you and learning more about you!

Take care and God bless!
Allen

Old 01-29-2006, 08:11 PM
Christianne_015 (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member

Thanks 0
Send a message via ICQ to Christianne_015 Send a message via AIM to Christianne_015 Send a message via MSN to Christianne_015 Send a message via Yahoo to Christianne_015

I love Gaelic, Celtic, and Irish songs. But, alas, I almost never get to listen to them (I don't own any CDs, you know?).

Welcome to Writer's Beat!

MSN Messenger:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yahoo! Messenger:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MySpace:
Old 01-29-2006, 08:36 PM
solecistic (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Welcome to WB, Allen. Glad to have you.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any other staff member. We're more than happy to help.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:24 AM
Dalton (Offline)
Half Man, Half Amazing
Official Member

Thanks 14
Send a message via AIM to Dalton Send a message via Yahoo to Dalton

Welcome to the site. Hope you have found what you're looking for.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:43 AM
nevergrowup (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 0

Hi, Allen!
I'm out of breath just reading about your activities and high energy level. Somehow I feel you'll generated a great deal of energy to Writer's Beat. Welcome!
Cheers,
Gene.

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions