WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself; we're all writers here, nothing to hide!

Saying Hi!

Old 01-20-2006, 08:20 AM
c-K Johnson (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Saying Hi!

Hey all:

I wanted to give a hearty and heartfelt introduction. I'm c-K as my log in suggests. I have been in search of a online writers community with some more activity than I found on Googles Groups. There last post was 2 months ago. I like the idea of bouncing ideas and possibly drafts off of one another.

I am a independent film script writer. I have been doing that for about a year and 1/2. I am on my 3rd feature length film with some shorts thrown in between. I submit to competitions and have connections with a couple of producers, but my goal is to get a camera and small film crew and bring these scripts to life on my own. Promotion to a video market is my first step with the hopes that something will get noticed by a major film company. I would like to eventually start my own film company and base it out of New York City. I currently live in Southern California, but grew up in New York, so that is where my heart lies.

I also write ebooks. These are "how to" books currently on the subjects of marketing and script writing. This I just started about 3 months ago. I have completed one and I am in the middle of 2 more. So for those who are counting I am currently in the middle of 3 writing projects. All slated to be done with their first drafts by the end of January 2006. Check in with my on January 31st to see where I am at.

Well, that's me in a nutshell as far as why I am here. However I can help anyone let me know. When my web site is fully functioning I will give you all the address. Right now I am having some trouble with my images.

Until next time....

c-K

Old 01-20-2006, 08:26 AM
Dalton (Offline)
Half Man, Half Amazing
Official Member

Thanks 14
Send a message via AIM to Dalton Send a message via Yahoo to Dalton

Well, I can promise you more activity than the google groups you are talking about. Feel free to post some of your work or to step in and offer some help to other members. Welcome!

If you have any suggestions or questions, please feel free to post them or PM myself or another staff member.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:27 PM
FlaretoBe☺ (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 0

welcome! I think you'll enjoy this site, it is a great atmosphere. I'm happy to have another script-writer in here, I too am working on developing some monologues and dialogues to put in that section. look forward to getting to know you more!
One day a man was walking in the woods when he encountered a tiger. He fled in terror and the tiger pursued him. He eventually got to a cliff, climbed down a vine and dangled from it to escape the tiger's jaws. Then a pair of mice came out of a hole and began to knaw on the vine. The tiger growled hungrily the top of the cliff, and the vine was thinning. As it was about to break, the man noticed a strawberry growing from the vine. He ate it and said "Mmm...damn good strawberry".
Old 01-22-2006, 06:57 PM
solecistic (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Welcome, c-K. It's wonderful to have you. We look forward to seeing your work!
Old 02-03-2006, 05:58 AM
nevergrowup (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 0

c-K, Hi!
It's a delight to have an experienced script writer here. I've begun an outline for a script concerning an actual incident that took place in 1871. I intend to turn it into a kind of off-beat love story as well as a historical documentary. I'll very likely prevail upon you for assistance as time goes by. Until then, welcome to Writer's Beat! Please do contribute your creative talent.
Cheers,
Gene.

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions