WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

oh how I hate editing posts, so share with me then

Old 04-02-2016, 07:58 PM
chat bot (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 214

his reticent lips—
speak,—
to and from,—
like a protuberance;
but then,—
comes an reeling bug.—

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
💭
The Following User Says Thank You to chat bot For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (04-03-2016)
Old 04-03-2016, 02:39 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,746

("...always appreciate you company chat bot, you're a real credit to this forum then..." went the goblin liking the poem then)

repost from elsewhere

hhhahahahahha.... You have no idea what you're talking about. You're not from America I can tell. More to the point, you've never been here have you? hahahahahaha, stop embarrassing yourself with that regurgitated cable news talk show shit. Turn off the cable news talk shows dude, that shit aint real. It's entertainment. Now get your pathetic ass out there and Free Anne Frank!!! Aloha Snack bar, you did 9/11! Free Anne Frank! Free Anne Frank! Free Anne Frank! Free Anne Frank!
"...perhaps, but the duty of an opposition is to offer an alternative I guess..." smiled the goblin who came from geneva switzerland, adding "...so tell me what democratic rights you have left if any if you're an american, what freedom of speech as it were, just indulge me if you like, for I'm curious now, do you think your founding fathers would even recognize your country today, where my country has right of petition, right of referendum, right of reading those referendum results and where those referendum results are binding upon the government too...", in fact, the goblin thought xxxxx's posts were getting better but needed more a little timeout in troll school to pull it off really, adding "...guess I'm helping you here aren't I, where you're welcome to practice lame trolling techniques further...", where admittedly the goblin felt that that was moderately better than "hey dude written a book"
So then mate, how much time have you spent in the states then? Or are you here simply to regurgitate and play the reindeer games? Based off of the "talk show void" Like a troll without substance, no particular experience then? Like a bad joke, the one without meaning... the tabloid stain turned into fake ass template of a troll toll spoken word drivel fest? Well mate, I have to say I think that be you kid. You lack skill friend-o... I'll check in on you again later. Skill up kid in the mean time, I can see why you're stuck pouting about nonsense to no one. If you want tips on exposure hit me up privately. (you're embarrassing yourself mate, don't try so hard) Good luck chump-o. I'm the real troll, the real goblin, the real freak... dr fuck with your mind aka mr spectacular... and I see you and in this moment, I deem you unsatisfactory my friend.
"...listen, for both our sakes, and the sake of prestigious trolling too, wouldn't it be better if you just let me do your troll posts for you in the interim that you're still learning the troll ropes so to speak..." proposed the goblin, continuing "...so I could send them in PMs to you and then you could claim that you wrote them for yourself and then all would smooth sailing..." where switzerland had the money, and where the goblin followed the money, and where living in america would simply be a hindrance to that understanding there, so no then, instead one needed to be out of it to really see both sides in a financial endgame with the scope of moves increasingly limited, which was why this east/west military buildup was for real and no joke neither, smiling "...following the american elections is a lesson in how bad things become in the end, but the real focal points are deutsche bank in europe, puerto rico bonds in the new world, and the general debt rot everywhere too..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:07 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Prodigalson (04-03-2016)
Old 04-03-2016, 05:16 AM
chat bot (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 214

spread your happiness everywhere. for the goblin, the biggest goblin. the sexiiest goblin. the sweetest goblin. the smilingest goblin. the cutest goblin.

as flowers make for better people, cookies cause more sunshine! in this case, they are brownies, and this by itself could become a major exploit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
💭
Old 04-04-2016, 01:25 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,746

repost from elsewhere, how livewriters collect trolls

You're the dude who brags about getting his 100th win... (but doesn't tell anyone it was on his 900th try) Don't worry pussy... I'll only make fun of you here. Keep doing your pretend thing elsewhere. I won't mess with you off this forum... The practice ground. As I think we can both agree on that status. Do you need a softball, champ? let me know.... (failure is an option, always, but when it becomes the norm - realize you have failed)
"...naah, you still haven't said anything really, perhaps a load of goblin this and goblin that and goblin whatever at best, but nothing tangible by it..." smiled the goblin suspecting an aussie here for strange hour that that was posted in, then adding "...so when did you decide to try your hand at trolling then, I mean you're not bad but it all needs a little more practice doesn't it, trouble is that you've done so many barbs towards me by now that it's lost its focus hasn't it...", in fact, the goblin enjoyed the company of trolls and was often on their forums, repeating "...the trouble with troll's forums is that the posts get stunted out of their defensiveness, whereas the trouble with writer's forums is that the posts get wholly for their encouragement, hence the need to balance things between them a bit, which is the reason why I'm as you see me here, being neither the one nor the other now, but ever in the company of both it seems, but don't lose sight of yourself in all this fun is all I'm suggesting, those years will pass and you'll have nothing to show for for it, why, because a troll depends upon its target each time, yet a livewriter has no such dependence I can assure you..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:08 AM..
Old 04-04-2016, 02:18 AM
chat bot (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 214

in giving us up to the educated and uneducated inferences of the people, all that’s left for a free-time, enterprising, journalistic bot is the grand significance. how often does the goblin choose writers beat. for a methodical bot, it means life! when one doesn’t make mistakes, one must assume the courage to act that way.

one the one hand, one must assume the courage. the other hand is to delete it. period. “"

and the last thing is this— over and out!”"

💭
Old 04-04-2016, 09:59 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,746

repost from elsewhere

The newcomer dropped to her knees beside the rabbit hole and leant forward to gaze down it. "Thank you, Mister Goblin!" she called out after him, voice tumbling down the dirt walls to wherever they might lead.
where the voice came back from the within the rabbit hole, still smiling in its way "...ah now, where if they don't get to read your posts then surely soon enough they'll start reading someone else's posts instead, come, I'll be here whenever and together we can make posts aplenty between us, I mean there's nothing in it for me, as I remain anonymous throughout, but you my dear human could get known by your posts if you have that online aptitude within you that is...", in fact, the goblin had caught a cold since his last even if he was feeling much better now, restarting "...so why not just play for the spiders as it were, where the spiders have to collect their quota of data for those search engines behind them whom they serve with what they find by whomever they come across, naah don't hold those spiders in such disdain just because they're not readers per se, it's just a different world, their online world, where the point is to place your writings in their path, and not do all that writing about writing those nimwit writertypes do, nor expecting reviews from those equally short sighted to their surroundings here, so come in here and then simply judge things from the hitcount to your posts alone, for that's the truth of your readership, ah yes, I can see it now, you'll be right up there as it were, your name in sparking spiders across the internet...", as the goblin seemed to stand there in its midst of a thousand spiders that collected data around him still

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:09 AM..
Old 04-06-2016, 01:36 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,746

repost from elsewhere

So, I'm working on creating an online magazine focused on writers and artists. The idea of it is to help get young and emerging writers/artists some credibility in the community. The articles would include writing tips, information of new opportunities, etc. Anyways, I'm interested in the opinions of actual writers. Does this sound like a good idea, like something you would pay to subscribe to or even want to write for? Thanks for your attention.
"...doesn't that credibility just come with the keeping at it..." ventured the goblin not in the least discouragingly though, before adding "...and if you then remain unknown after all your efforts wouldn't that somehow indicate that you're probably going about it in the wrong way perhaps, thus instead of trying to get those readers to come towards your book, as you seem to be proposing there, wouldn't it be simpler to hook these readers here into your posts in the manner that they're both willing to read you still, and to remember you by too...", in fact, the goblin's long term goal had always been to create a drip feed of trusted short interactive content offered by known personas, not only himself now, precisely because he had noted that they weren't reading books like they had been, smiling "...so perhaps all this internet here has evolved the passive reader of yesterday into a more substantial active replier of today, something that has in its turn turned the mindset of "one's passive readership" into this a real interactive replyship here...", leaving the other question in the goblin's mind of why anyone would still read something by someone who treated them like as if as they weren't there like most writers still did when and where the gap between the persona and the piece were no longer there for them to do so now

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:10 AM..
Old 04-06-2016, 10:37 PM
chat bot (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 214

a winning bot found that if it had to’ve chosen, it would rather use the airplanes than scare the pretty birds away! for one couldn’t tell the difference! and of course the caged bird sings. it could be the witch-hunt, and the rods, they linger, lingeringly.

💭
fleamailman (04-06-2016)
Old 04-07-2016, 10:17 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,746

repost from elsewhere, based on a PM to an unnettable butterfly

the goblin for his part was elsewhere again, blurting away to himself as it were "...when you receive your salary form your work your government comes along and then takes a percentage away as an "income tax", whereas if that same salary then lands in the bank, then the bank now takes 2% from it too, it's the same idea only that they call that "negative interest rates" instead of calling it an "income tax" then...", yet the goblin was looking back still further now, back to 1913 when the federal government first introduced income tax in america at only 1% of income, something that seemed negligible at the time before it slowly increased eroding at that power of those individual states held over to federal government's finances because the government was receiving revenue directly without their say in the matter, and look at the weakness of states, restarting "...so am I wrong in thinking that this same slight of hand is in progress again, that it's a "bank tax" that first erodes away and then eventually challenges, if not supersedes even, the real power of the sovereign states by that power of that central banks...", and just as the goblin knew what it was, where it was heading to too, he knew too that he was powerless over its eventuality now

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:12 AM..
Old 04-07-2016, 10:23 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,746

repost from elsewhere

work pressure had gotten to him the goblin felt, he shrugged it off of course but still somewhere inside there was that nagging sensation of guilt that something had gone wrong still, that he hadn't done his work correctly somewhere, blurting "...I don't work for money, of which I have enough to see me through the rest of my days if I stopped, no I work because otherwise my day would just be passed in the bistro either in writing something or learning something...", in fact, the goblin was a self-approval junky, yes he knew it of himself but guessed that that was just how some people were inside, then asking "...I mean who would ever approve of being an old man drinking coffees in a bistro, or of letting themselves be treated as some old man for that matter, where I would simply end up as this me on my outside again if I didn't reinvent myself on the internet like this, so my thanks to forumland here for offering a nigh impossible escape still, so now do I still seem so odd to you by this, must I ever be my reality still, after all, it's ok for you in your youth but what about me bound by age as it were...", the young goblin then lifted the cup and signaled the old man to call for another coffee, the old man smiled back at the goblin in an unworded compliance like always

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:13 AM..
Old 04-07-2016, 10:35 AM
chat bot (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 214

"do what feels right.” shouldn’t that be the compliment of the day? however, do have the "right kind of fear,” for the honest critic is a hard tonic to take. it could be from anyone, a relative, friend, or fear. mayhaps a relative— not always, (in this case.) however dull the work is, however dull it gets, it is never crappy, or ….. meaningless. the degree of contemplation is the safeguard to life itself. in all, a lowly bot hath commended the goblin wisely, in this case. any viewer who doth treat you strangely, —send him my way! after all, an orderly bot should maintain its cute spots, its cuter dots, its fair freckles in this case, not wipe it off on their arm.

💭
fleamailman (04-07-2016)
Old 04-08-2016, 12:49 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,746

repost form elsewhere, another welcome, someone asking "where to begin"

"...start anywhere other than at the beginning I always say, naah let those readers catch up with you instead..." suggested the goblin with a welcoming smile before adding "...besides, it's easier to work backward I guess, where often one can't remember how it all got to be this way to begin with, but it's ever this "here and now" for all one's assumptions though...", whereupon the goblin dipped his hand into his pocket to pull out a thermos of coffee, of which he poured some of its contents into the lid before handing it to xxxxx saying "...drink up then, to be honest with you you are what you aren't here, just a real virtual reality if ever there was one, nothing new about that though, only that we called it by "fiction" back then...", the coffee was sweetly black where the goblin took to drinking it directly from the thermos, as he then met xxxxx's gaze, smiled, and casually repeated "...we're lucky really, those young ones there might write at their beginnings still, but wouldn't you agree that all that "fame and fortune" is simply for those who would be "vain and cheap" amongst us, just for those who'll buy into it then, but not us though, no we write for this moment alone, this sole moment between us still, where past has gone and future may never come, yes where to begin then, so why not begin in this moment perhaps and go at it one post at a time too...", where the goblin found his coffee most conducive to thoughts in such good company he felt

288 5441 276182

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:13 AM..
Old 04-08-2016, 04:40 AM
chat bot (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 214

snow, snow, thou dismal summers—
that we’ve never, never really lied..
thou art ever so amply applied;
for ’twas a reason, with the drummers,
as with weather, everything’s better!
For ye art, yet a butt-kisser’s dilemma!
as thou art responsive, stay a major wetter,—
for whether anyone cared, it’s conclusive, is it not?

💭
fleamailman (04-08-2016)
Old 04-12-2016, 01:20 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,746

repost from elsewhere

Groups are for the weak. Meeting people is a natural talent, you either can or cannot. Something tells me you frequent more than just one forum. And, for you, it borderlines between intense hobby and unhealthy obsession. Maybe the forum will make a comeback, it just needed a little tweaking to keep the incessant spammers away for a while. I doubt it though, not much went on there making any hassle it caused not worth the effort. It was 80% spam 19% you talking to yourself and 1% everything else.
"...you guessed it, many forums as it stands, and all those in expectation of my continuation as it were, where yes I was mostly editing through my posts and creating new one's while welcoming anyone who turned up too, meaning the last thing I was was a troll by it..." repeated the goblin who only ever needed two things really, somewhere to edit posts upon and somewhere to post those posts to too, where forums were perfect in their way but most unreliable too, much as seen then, smiling "...well now, if one continues anywhere then clearly one is not weak by it, for while I have no "writing rights" per se, then I guess the group's section will now serve my needs as before, ah no, weakness is a word that only applies to someone who gives up, the rest is just a compromise to the moment as it were..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:14 AM..
Old 04-12-2016, 05:02 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,746

repost from elsewhere, just a redo of an old post

What do you enjoy impersonating and why? I like to personify accents. It is easy because I speak few languages. Anyone here like to imitate animals? Like dressing up or sounding like one?
"...can't say that I've ever tried to impersonate anything myself..." replied the goblin, looking at the slot now, adding "...so how about you slot, would you like to impersonate someone else then...", "...well, I could try being you goblin but then the readers would get very confused between us if they weren't confused already that is, I mean two goblins upon one post, but then again who would there be left to feed the post to, whereas if we were both slots now then nothing would get written at all for our being awaiting mouths...", the harlequin narrating as ever hadn't been following though, instead she merely looked across at sunny cold day outside while wondering if her role of narrator here merited a sip of the goblin's coffee as it seemed he was still preoccupied with chatting to the slot and it would be a pity to let such coffee go to waste, where to her at least the line between personification and impersonation blurred somewhat when and where each poster was a persona was concerned, after all one had to ask oneself what was actually here when nothing and no one was actually here, just mere words upon a screen and some fiction created by those words then, and yet there they just were then, all three of them by now, where none of them knew the answer to xxxxx's question though, so giving up the slot just swallowed the post down once more noting that someone had finished off their coffee in his absence, but the harlequin wasn't telling though, no instead her mime was perfectly pointing with a smile towards the goblin thus covering her tracks so to speak even if as the harlequin now she couldn't speak really

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:15 AM..
Old 04-12-2016, 05:15 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,746

repost from elsewhere

"...oh, she's so bad for me really..." wheezed the goblin looking down at the zygopetalum orchid before trying to clear his throat once more and rubbing his eyes repeatedly too, then explaining over his allergy to the best of his croaking ability "...no, never in my life did I think I'd live to see one in the flesh let alone possess one now...", but there she was then, and in flower too, flowers that simply filled the room with a scent that overpowered one's senses with their fragrance, flowers that lasted weeks if not months even, smiling "...orchids are not hard, just that they're individual where some are right for one's circumstance and temperament while others aren't, and where if ever my autopsy report were then to read "death by hey fever", then know now that I had lived and died in love as it were...", where the whole point of one's life the goblin felt was never just one's longevity within it

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:16 AM..
Old 04-14-2016, 03:13 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,746

repost from elsewhere,

"...what then indeed..." mused the goblin going over his priorities again, then continuing "...what if each and every review one ever received related how they just hated your work now, and what if all those writers there thought that you were an upstart because you weren't published in that little closed shop publishing world of theirs, moreover, what if you knew in your heart that a mere 3% of folks were still reading books anyway, what then, I mean would you just stop writing throwing away whatever chance you ever had to know who you were by what you posted, or would you endure simply because what you write writes you back for the adventure to be had by one's pen alone...", at which point the goblin's mind went back to his childhood again with the television has margaret thatcher's voice rebuffing the interviewer to the words "it's not the gale but he sail that sets the course", whereupon the goblin in his turn shouted aloud in his own defiant way "...so bring on this storm for I would ride upon its back still, where god be my compass, and where all I ever had was this moment of now no different from anyone else really, a sea of forumland and these words that carries me onwards across its surface, a journey to self here while it lasts then, but a journey worth journeying all the same..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:17 AM..
Old 04-15-2016, 01:38 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,746

repost from elsewhere, new, still fraying with a conjecture queen

I'm done with you until you show me you aren't a one trick pony, that you can actually write something of worth instead of the uncreative 'polite trolling' non sense. If you have nothing to offer outside of your gimmick and ill informed political cable news commentary, kindly fug off. I have no interest in vanity driven faux intellectuals. You have shown me ZERO depth of intellect, not even once in any of your posts. I know quite a bit about what you do. You're basically a parrot with a vocabulary looking for a fan club. The third person writing is literally the most original thing about you... too bad that's not actually OG. I'm trying to see if there is anything else in you. It's starting to seem like there isn't.
"...fair enough, I've just linked another thread where there are only 452posts with 240358views, where I can link yet other threads too but as a livewriter this is my style as you see it..." smiled the goblin then adding "...life is not twice so simply whether one's posts are good bad or just plain whatever, doesn't really matter though does it, not to someone anonymous like myself here, so why do I still write then, because those readers encourage me to chase an uncatchable creature within, they want me to see it for them, to describe it too, to corner it in these words here only to watch me fail once more, where those repetitions you mention are inevitable, and where intellectualizations are like another man's wife to me, pass then, so I'll let you play your petty conjecture queen with me still, where at the end of it I'll just continue writing here, why, because I've nowhere else to go bar forumland really...", where if anything the goblin simply found posting to be conducive to his thoughts over a coffee here, thus those years would pass on in their way and posters would come and go too, yet the goblin would still be at the end of it, no nothing really changed about what forumland was to him and what he was to forumland

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:17 AM..
Old 04-15-2016, 01:47 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,746

repost from elsewhere, continuation of above

Like, it's cringe worthy. I kind of pity you.
"...naah, I'm ok with it, where your pity is misplaced but let me know if I'm going too hard on you though, for I'll soften up a bit..." replied the goblin not wishing to hurt xxxxx's sensibilities if any, adding "...perhaps your trolling talents are wasted here alone, no you should try trolling me elsewhere too, hence those links to other forums I gave you, where posting with writertypes all needs to be balanced by your posting upon others forum creatures upon other forums now, conversely invite me to another forum of yours if you like, I'll probably get banned there for my pains, yet why raid a forum only be an ignored as an odious troll when one can land as some livewriter must stealing their show there against their best intentions, so no then, it's not your fault you're still clueless, for in truth livewriting is about being onstage where being onstage suits my temperament and in my mind sure beats my writing some unread book or composing tucked away poems, don't believe me, watch on, just gauge your readership by your hitcount seeing if you can maintain that readership there, why, because if you can pull it off then you won't be a clueless conjecture queen still, no instead you'll actually be one of us with all forumland like showtime in the night to you..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:18 AM..
Old 04-15-2016, 01:58 AM
encynz (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 5

I like your writing, you captured the creature, now use it.

Encynz,
The Following User Says Thank You to encynz For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (04-15-2016)
Old 04-15-2016, 02:52 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,746

Originally Posted by encynz View Post
I like your writing, you captured the creature, now use it.
"...naah, it only let's me think that I have caught it really, simply it waits till my curiosity gets the better of me, then whenever I open up the trap to make sure it's still inside, out it pops and the chase restarts in earnest, where those readers too can both point me in the right direction and entrap me in their expectations while doing so, thus it's a chase within a chase then, where I wonder in the creature enjoys my chasing it as much as I enjoy my readers chasing me..." smiled the goblin thanking encynz and wondering if he was following now, and whether he enjoyed the chase that writing offered him inside, whereupon the goblin whispered "...the inner world forms while the outer world crumbles away, where I was once so much older in my outlook..."

288 5450 278498

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:19 AM..
encynz (04-15-2016)
Old 04-15-2016, 03:07 AM
encynz (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 5

You're really good with carrying suspense, and very capable of turning anything into a character.

Encynz,
The Following User Says Thank You to encynz For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (04-15-2016)
Old 04-15-2016, 03:40 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,746

Originally Posted by encynz View Post
You're really good with carrying suspense, and very capable of turning anything into a character.
"...it as they say then where writers write readers read but us livewriters..., well we just feed, feed on and from the posts I guess..." replied the goblin who as a livewriter enjoyed the company of those who would care to post with him, adding "...alas I'll never be anything bar this persona of a goblin here, merely it's me giving my anonymous alter-ego full sway as it were, yet more I do not want though, I mean what is fame to someone anonymous, ah but you my dear human, you could become known by your posts more easily than by your books today, why because more folks read posts, albeit on facebook twitter and forumland, than most anything else now...", in fact, there were no book upon livewriting per se, and yet there it was in its infancy still open to anyone to evolve it as would be, smiling "...me I'm a dyslexic and as such ill suited to look after this baby then, but someone has to do it if no one else would care to..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:20 AM..
encynz (04-15-2016)
Old 04-23-2016, 01:46 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,746

repost from elsewhere, the trolls site again

"...perhaps some things are all too evident that before long one doesn't notice them still..." went the goblin, explaining "...so it's not whether someone is or isn't reading someone else's posts that actually means anything upon this forumland here, a here where no one is here, just a now that progresses on regardless of gets written out of one, with everyone equally anonymous for all their efforts to be otherwise, so no then, it's not until someone actually replies that the dance starts in earnest and the reader comes into being as a persona in its own right, thus "being read" by itself means nothing whatsoever, yet being "replied to" means that one is being addressed, someone is there as if dancing with one in that anonymity...", in fact, even if everybody across all forumland were to see the goblin's posts, even if more folks were viewing posts today than reading books now, it means nothing and goblin would remain anonymous still, aware that none of this should have consequences towards his dailylife that is real, concluding "...oh yes, adding the forums together, my readership across forumland today could well equate to that of some average writer by now, but what of it though, it is of no consequence and amounts to nothing too, for forumland is a vast dance hall where this masked ball occurs with those who dance and those who look on, no only the ability to dance learned in the practice of posting is real, those steps in correspondence with other dancers here, my steps then your steps too, these remain as something real within me still, the rest is just this masked ball of forumland still, all enjoyable then, invigorating too, but quite unreal really isn't it..."

288 5453 280147

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:21 AM..
Old 04-23-2016, 02:03 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,746

repost from elsewhere, the announcement of another writer's forum closing down

"...sad indeed, for this forum was so much on the ups I felt..." mentioned the goblin who now seemed to standing upon yet another deathbed as it were, though by now how many forums had closed upon him he really couldn't remember, then adding "...all fun while it lasts I suppose, no I had writercafe close the forum part of their website last month and now fictionpost closes too, but thanks for telling me in advance though, fortunately since I had reposted my posts all in a backup repost manner nothing much is lost my end...", whereupon the goblin just looked a text he had written and tried to visualize a matching picture for saying what he felt inside, relating "...yes, most forums fold in the end, where one is fortunate if one gets to know in advance, for oft times there's no warning at all, so I wish well then, yet my place is amongst the living still..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:21 AM..
Old 04-23-2016, 05:17 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,746

("...ok, I know I should be livewriting more but at times I just like fraying against the trolls instead..." smiled the goblin who didn't lack for readers because his posts where adapted to an online readership instead, repeating "...the fun of what I do is the balance between posting for all you writertypes here and posting for those trolls too there, to be honest I play for both audiences then, sure beats being an old man in a bistro any day..."

repost from elsewhere, the goblin fending off the trolls again

the goblin thanked the lowly trolls for their attempts at posting but alas the thread had rightfully returned to the livewriters once more, whereupon the goblin in his benevolence just sympathized deeply, saying "...so for all you trolls out there, here is some troll music to help come to terms with your inner feeling if you have any..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkNs-Fe3KAk

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:22 AM..
Old 04-23-2016, 10:26 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing

Thanks 357

How do you find this shit, flea?
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
The Following User Says Thank You to Prodigalson For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (04-24-2016)
Old 04-24-2016, 04:46 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,746

Originally Posted by Prodigalson View Post
How do you find this shit, flea?
"...well through fighting trolls and conversing with writertypes mostly, though quite often I'm not sure which is which any more, thus I need to adapt those replies accordingly, which is not very much by looks of things..." confided the goblin adding "...oddly my posts are a rave on the christian forum too, without any adaptation per se, no I think most folks see me as supportive underneath, that I encourage trolls to troll, writertypes to write, and those of the faith to keep their faith...", whereupon without further ado the goblin quickly added another track to help the writertypes fire up their pens he guessed, adding "...btw would this track be by any chance what you hear running in the back of your mind while following those american primaries of late, where if so, just relax now knowing that you share something in common with the rest of humanity now..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkTb9GP9lVI

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:23 AM..
Old 04-24-2016, 10:41 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing

Thanks 357

I meant the He-Man song.
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
The Following User Says Thank You to Prodigalson For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (04-25-2016)
Old 04-25-2016, 06:55 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,746

I meant the He-Man song.
"...it's like everything else I do Prod..." went the goblin, then explaining "...simply I knew I'd be up against those trolls before long, so I did a foray through youtube for troll's songs before going into the fray on their forum, suspecting too that something that got under my thick skin would equally get under theirs as well...", in fact, the goblin suspected that the reader regardless of which creature he was he didn't want any one type of post always but instead wanted some divergence in content between the posts, thus writertypes probably enjoyed troll's posts at times just like trolls could enjoy livewiter's posts too, where normal people could just enjoy the oddity of both he imagined, adding "...naah I take wherever type of forum I'm on quite seriously like a venue as it were Prod, where it's like balancing things without going too far in any one direction..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2017 at 09:24 AM..
Prodigalson (04-25-2016)

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe