Go Back   WritersBeat.com > The Billboard > Writing Markets

Writing Markets Calls for submissions, paying and non-paying markets.

Writer to write in-game Community Commentary for "Half-Life 2 - Update" mod

Old 12-12-2013, 05:45 AM
hl2update (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author
Thanks 0
Icon2 Writer to write in-game Community Commentary for "Half-Life 2 - Update" mod

Hello, my name is Zachary Howlett. My friend Filip Victor and I are working on a side project that has gained a significant following. It’s a mod for PC called “Half-Life 2 – Update”, and we are working to update Valve’s 2004 first person shooter “Half-Life 2” to make it more graphically up-to-date like its episodic sequels “Half-Life 2: Episode 1” and “Half-Life 2: Episode 2” without altering its original atmosphere or gameplay. One of the features these later installments had, that remains missing from the original, is a Developer Commentary feature.

We, of course, were not developers on the 2004 original; however we would like to be able to provide a commentary feature with details concerning how certain segments of the game were received by fans, as well as some analysis of the level design/story. There is also some information on the web regarding the original development of this game that we would like to include. This project is sponsored by OriginPC and Nvidia, and as such we would like to deliver a complete and professional project in our upcoming release. This project is nearing completion, and as such we require someone who is a talented writer who has experience writing about video games, and is willing to assist within a short period of time. Pre-existing knowledge of the Half-Life series is helpful, though not required.

In-game commentary made by fans after-the-fact is unprecedented in video games, and we’re hoping it will be something unique that many people will enjoy for a long time. You will surely be properly credited for your contribution to the mod. We will be unable to provide monetary compensation at this time, however, this project will be featured on our sponsor’s Facebook pages upon release, and many PC gaming websites will cover/feature our project, so there will be plenty of exposure to be had, as well as the possibility of future projects, and rewards, in the future.
We already have people willing to read the commentary in-game, we just need something for them to read! Here is an example of a node we already have up and running:

Thank you for considering our offer! If you have any questions, or if you are interested, e-mail us at hl2update@hotmail.com

Zachary Howlett

WritersBeat.com > The Billboard > Writing Markets