WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table

The Intellectual Table Discussions on political topics, social issues, current affairs, etc.

Chips (not the California Biker Cops John and Fonzi)

Old 08-10-2017, 02:16 PM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 643
Default Chips (not the California Biker Cops John and Fonzi)

Would you get microchipped so that you could eat chips faster from a vending machine?

https://www.theladders.com/p/24435/m...rket-employees

Why hire robots when you can just turn your humans into robots?

That’s what one Midwest tech firm seems to be asking itself. In Wisconsin, software company Three Square Market said it will become the first company in the U.S. to start implanting microchips in its employees’ bodies, making them corporate cyborgs.

With a syringe, a microchip the size of a rice grain will get implanted between employees’ thumb and forefinger. Using the near-field communication technology that you have in your phones and credit cards, your cyborg hand would be able to send data via an electromagnetic wave.

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mohican For This Useful Post:
PickleBottom (08-10-2017)
Old 08-10-2017, 02:23 PM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 643

A bit more sinister, and "mark of the Beast" ish

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...lly/547336001/

You will get chipped. It’s just a matter of time.

In the aftermath of a Wisconsin firm embedding microchips in employees last week to ditch company badges and corporate logons, the Internet has entered into full-throated debate.

Religious activists are so appalled, they’ve been penning nasty 1-star reviews of the company, Three Square Market, on Google, Glassdoor and social media.

On the flip side, seemingly everyone else wants to know: Is this what real life is going to be like soon at work? Will I be chipped?

“It will happen to everybody,” says Noelle Chesley, 49, associate professor of sociology at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. “But not this year, and not in 2018. Maybe not my generation, but certainly that of my kids.”
CUTTING TO THE CHASE - Some Legislatures will push this out of ......Greed

Gene Munster, an investor and analyst at Loup Ventures, is an advocate for augmented reality, virtual reality and other new technologies. He thinks embedded chips in human bodies is 50 years away. “In 10 years, Facebook, Google, Apple and Tesla will not have their employees chipped,” he says. “You’ll see some extreme forward-looking tech people adopting it, but not large companies.”

The idea of being chipped has too “much negative connotation” today, ....we will have been desensitized by the social stigma,” Munster says.
Call me a cynic, but Chip companies and their minions, I mean lobbyist will give stock options to Congress and we will have the CHIP ACT.

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:55 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 842

Originally Posted by Mohican View Post
Would you get microchipped so that you could eat chips faster from a vending machine?

It was Ponch, not Fonzi.

You misspell so many names on purpose of people you aren't in agreement with, so I'm not sure if this slight is a mockery of the brown guy or just an oversight.
Old 08-10-2017, 04:36 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 376

Under a person no, under an automation yes, long live AI!
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-11-2017, 12:08 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 643

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
It was Ponch, not Fonzi.

You misspell so many names on purpose of people you aren't in agreement with, so I'm not sure if this slight is a mockery of the brown guy or just an oversight.

BriannaPatricia: You're partially observant but miss the mark on your judgements. You just got up on your moped and jumped the tuna on that one...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1fVvGRlFoE

Last edited by Mohican; 08-11-2017 at 12:22 AM..
Old 08-11-2017, 06:47 AM
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 842

BriannaPatricia: You're partially observant but miss the mark on your judgements. You just got up on your moped and jumped the tuna on that one...........
url]

Is it a secret then?

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table