WritersBeat.com
 

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Fiction

Fiction Novel excerpts, short stories, etc.


Project Glitch

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 06-04-2017, 05:25 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,810
Thanks: 358
Thanks 841
Default


Originally Posted by moonpunter View Post
I wouldn't take your criticism very seriously considering your incompetent language skills.


When you can lay down a sentence like chit-chat you can talk about language skills.

Her online text-speak is a ruse. Don't be fooled.

Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-04-2017, 05:53 PM
moonpunter's Avatar
moonpunter (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 267
Thanks: 15
Thanks 43
Default

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
When you can lay down a sentence like chit-chat you can talk about language skills.

Her online text-speak is a ruse. Don't be fooled.
like OMG its soooo difficult to write without the grammatical skills of a 7th grader. (Some people just make it look difficult.) LOL
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-04-2017, 06:40 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,810
Thanks: 358
Thanks 841
Default

Originally Posted by moonpunter View Post
like OMG its soooo difficult to write without the grammatical skills of a 7th grader. (Some people just make it look difficult.) LOL


My answer's still the same. When you can form a sentence, a moment like she can, you can throw stones. Until then you're wasting your time. Just trolling.

Good luck with that. LoL
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-04-2017, 07:01 PM
moonpunter's Avatar
moonpunter (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 267
Thanks: 15
Thanks 43
Default

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
My answer's still the same. When you can form a sentence, a moment like she can, you can throw stones. Until then you're wasting your time. Just trolling.

Good luck with that. LoL
It's so adorable the way you're defending her lack of basic grammar. Sorry, I have no respect for people who can't do simple things like capitalize or use apostrophes. It's so lazy. But maybe the author will understand it better with his own inability to grasp basic grammar. Communicating on the same level.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-04-2017, 07:37 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,810
Thanks: 358
Thanks 841
Default

Originally Posted by moonpunter View Post
It's so adorable the way you're defending her lack of basic grammar. Sorry, I have no respect for people who can't do simple things like capitalize or use apostrophes. It's so lazy. But maybe the author will understand it better with his own inability to grasp basic grammar. Communicating on the same level.


I'm not defending her. I'm telling you (I tried in a nice way but you don't get it) , that she has more talent in her little finger than you'll ever have. I'm not trying to be rude but I've read your writing.

https://youtu.be/otCpCn0l4Wo
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-04-2017, 08:03 PM
moonpunter's Avatar
moonpunter (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 267
Thanks: 15
Thanks 43
Default

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
I'm not defending her. I'm telling you (I tried in a nice way but you don't get it) , that she has more talent in her little finger than you'll ever have. I'm not trying to be rude but I've read your writing.

https://youtu.be/otCpCn0l4Wo
Ok, comma boy. http://www.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=61345

Last edited by moonpunter; 06-04-2017 at 08:09 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-05-2017, 02:29 AM
Filterdreaming's Avatar
Filterdreaming (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 233
Thanks: 22
Thanks 24
Default

Originally Posted by moonpunter View Post
It's so adorable the way you're defending her lack of basic grammar. Sorry, I have no respect for people who can't do simple things like capitalize or use apostrophes. It's so lazy. But maybe the author will understand it better with his own inability to grasp basic grammar. Communicating on the same level.
I mean this in the nicest way but that was uncalled for.

I acknowledged the advice and said that at the moment I'm trying to get a bit written before I actually edit and asked for clarification with your post as it had no grammar or explanation. It was just a random list in my eyes.

I also feel like it's not cool being a tosser to someone just because they didn't use grammar to your standards. If she wants to type like that then that's her prerogative. But please stop derailing things.
__________________
I'm 73 years cooler then you

Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-05-2017, 02:49 AM
moonpunter's Avatar
moonpunter (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 267
Thanks: 15
Thanks 43
Default

Originally Posted by Filterdreaming View Post
I mean this in the nicest way but that was uncalled for.

I acknowledged the advice and said that at the moment I'm trying to get a bit written before I actually edit and asked for clarification with your post as it had no grammar or explanation. It was just a random list in my eyes.

I also feel like it's not cool being a tosser to someone just because they didn't use grammar to your standards. If she wants to type like that then that's her prerogative. But please stop derailing things.
Go to your safe space, snowflake.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-05-2017, 03:05 AM
Filterdreaming's Avatar
Filterdreaming (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 233
Thanks: 22
Thanks 24
Default

Originally Posted by moonpunter View Post
Go to your safe space, snowflake.
Are you trolling? Try harder
__________________
I'm 73 years cooler then you

Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06-05-2017, 06:11 AM
moonpunter's Avatar
moonpunter (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 267
Thanks: 15
Thanks 43
Default

Originally Posted by Filterdreaming View Post
Are you trolling? Try harder
You should try harder at writing. The dreck you posted could be considered trolling.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 06-05-2017, 03:10 PM
chat bot's Avatar
chat bot (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: OFF-AIR
Posts: 1,795
Thanks: 6
Thanks 214
Default

how 'bout we all stop bitchin'
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
💭
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chat bot For This Useful Post:
Filterdreaming (06-06-2017)
  #42  
Old 06-05-2017, 03:12 PM
moonpunter's Avatar
moonpunter (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 267
Thanks: 15
Thanks 43
Default

Originally Posted by chat bot View Post
how 'bout we all stop bitchin'
No.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-05-2017, 03:13 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,810
Thanks: 358
Thanks 841
Default

Originally Posted by moonpunter View Post


Yeah, I didn't like this piece at all.

But chat seems to just write stuff out very quickly and drop it here sometimes. I don't agree with this approach, but it is what it is.

Otherwise, she has posted pieces that you could only dream of writing. Sentences and moments that are outside your wheelhouse entirely. I don't blame you for not understanding. How could you? LOL
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-05-2017, 03:46 PM
Myers's Avatar
Myers (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,699
Thanks: 334
Thanks 345
Default

Yeah -- it's not hard to tell when someone is really trying to help and when someone is just out to prove something or get in a dig for his own gratification. That's what trolling is on these writing sites.

And by someone, I mean moonpunter.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-05-2017, 04:48 PM
moonpunter's Avatar
moonpunter (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 267
Thanks: 15
Thanks 43
Default

Oh gee I really shouldn't have criticized your little mascot's poor grammar. Some prefer to wallow in ignorance.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 06-05-2017, 04:52 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,810
Thanks: 358
Thanks 841
Default

Originally Posted by moonpunter View Post
Oh gee I really shouldn't have criticized your little mascot's poor grammar. Some prefer to wallow in ignorance.


Yes, some do seem to wallow in ignorance. It's okay. They don't know any better, and probably can't.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-05-2017, 05:03 PM
Myers's Avatar
Myers (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,699
Thanks: 334
Thanks 345
Default

Have I said anything here that would indicate she's my mascot?

No.

Otherwise, it's a good bet she's not going to jump all over your "advice."

So why would you keep hammering at it?

Like I said, to try and prove something and for your own gratification.

The thing is, trying to call her out for "ignorance" is backfiring on you big time -- and you're just not astute enough to see it.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-05-2017, 05:09 PM
moonpunter's Avatar
moonpunter (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 267
Thanks: 15
Thanks 43
Default

Originally Posted by Myers View Post

The thing is, trying to call her out for "ignorance" is backfiring on you big time -- and you're just not astute enough to see it.
You mean the people who already don't like me don't like me? I wouldn't really consider that "backfiring on me big time"
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-05-2017, 05:18 PM
Myers's Avatar
Myers (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,699
Thanks: 334
Thanks 345
Default

Like I said, you're not astute enough to understand how your comments are backfiring.

But you just confirmed it.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-05-2017, 05:36 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,810
Thanks: 358
Thanks 841
Default

Originally Posted by moonpunter View Post
You mean the people who already don't like me don't like me? I wouldn't really consider that "backfiring on me big time"


I actually don't dislike anyone here. There are characters I'd just as soon not mess with but everyone has their place. Mohican and I are diametrically opposed to each other's social and political views but he has a sense of humor and wears big boy pants. Oh yeah, I try to push his buttons, but that hasn't yet produced results. Apparently his nut is 'hard as diamonds.' I'll keep swinging though.

Chat is not my pet (I think she's Nicks pet&#128512 but she has a way of thinking that is unique and a skill at writing a sentence which most of us can't match. Does it translate into a brilliant novel? Dunno... she doesn't post more than vignettes here. But some of them are very very good. Okay, others are like: WTF?!

I think you just need to put your hand on your rocket and realize we are all here for something. What's your something?
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 06-05-2017, 05:55 PM
moonpunter's Avatar
moonpunter (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 267
Thanks: 15
Thanks 43
Default

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
What's your something?
Shits and grins?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 06-05-2017, 05:57 PM
moonpunter's Avatar
moonpunter (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 267
Thanks: 15
Thanks 43
Default

Originally Posted by Myers View Post
Like I said, you're not astute enough to understand how your comments are backfiring.

But you just confirmed it.
I'm astute enough to not really give a shit how much a bunch of faceless Internet strangers don't like me.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 06-05-2017, 06:04 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,810
Thanks: 358
Thanks 841
Default

Originally Posted by moonpunter View Post
I'm astute enough to not really give a shit how much a bunch of faceless Internet strangers don't like me.


I'm not faceless. In fact, I posted my cell phone number in a thread here recently. You're welcome to call me, as is anyone else. I'll tell you the same thing I've already told you.

If you're anywhere near Phoenix AZ I'll also give you a hug if you need one. You seem like you might need one.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-05-2017, 06:16 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,810
Thanks: 358
Thanks 841
Default

The days of the faceless Internet are quickly coming to an end. Welcome to the future.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-05-2017, 06:24 PM
moonpunter's Avatar
moonpunter (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 267
Thanks: 15
Thanks 43
Default

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
I'm not faceless. In fact, I posted my cell phone number in a thread here recently. You're welcome to call me, as is anyone else. I'll tell you the same thing I've already told you.

If you're anywhere near Phoenix AZ I'll also give you a hug if you need one. You seem like you might need one.
If I need someone to snake my drains I'll let you know.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 06-05-2017, 06:42 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,810
Thanks: 358
Thanks 841
Default

Originally Posted by moonpunter View Post
If I need someone to snake my drains I'll let you know.


We don't do rooter work. That's for turd-herders. We do mans work. If you need that call me.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 06-05-2017, 06:52 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,810
Thanks: 358
Thanks 841
Default

You're like playing ping-ping with a cat.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 06-05-2017, 07:41 PM
moonpunter's Avatar
moonpunter (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 267
Thanks: 15
Thanks 43
Default

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
We don't do rooter work. That's for turd-herders. We do mans work. If you need that call me.
Man's work like stomping turtles and goombahs?
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 06-05-2017, 07:49 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,810
Thanks: 358
Thanks 841
Default

Originally Posted by moonpunter View Post
Man's work like stomping turtles and goombahs?


They're called koopas and goombas. Proper spelling is essential for writers don't you think?
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 06-05-2017, 09:09 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,810
Thanks: 358
Thanks 841
Default

Meh... I pinged but there was no pong.

What's the matter, cat for your tongue?😆

Or did you fall asleep?
Reply With Quote
Reply

  WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Fiction


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
participants for online research project (Disney Research Zurich) Rebekkah Classifieds 0 05-15-2015 06:06 AM
The write a book with me project wabwm2014 Introductions 3 11-14-2013 06:52 AM
Fifty Shades of London- Crowdfunding project 50ShadesLondon Writing Markets 3 06-14-2013 09:40 PM
Project Juggernaut (Chapter 5 part 3) Writingfan27 Fiction 0 02-19-2013 10:23 PM
Project Juggernaut (Chapter 2 part 1) Writingfan27 Fiction 0 01-20-2013 08:07 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:58 PM.

vBulletin, Copyright 2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.