WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Prompts & Challenges

Prompts & Challenges Prompts, readings, and ideas to get you writing.

Ghost Challenge

Old 11-28-2014, 07:41 PM
ki11j0y (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member

Thanks 35
Send a message via MSN to ki11j0y Send a message via Yahoo to ki11j0y
Default Ghost Challenge

And who am I? Looking through the photo albums I see pictures of myself, beaming and content. Blond hair, honey-yellow skin, wrapped in the halo of family love and distance. But who is he? Nobody that I know. Someone else, it might as well be. Scientifically, it is someone else. They say the cells that make up your being replace themselves every 7 years. It has been 20 years since I was that boy in those photographs. Time replaced me entirely, and yet, I am him. He knows as much about me as I do him. Nothing. Perhaps a time machine would let me talk to him. His impishness would probably tell him to tell me to fuck off. I wonder if I could even speak his language.

Time is a funny thing. It replaces us and yet we are apparently the same. He is dead, that little guy. And me, I am dying. 7 more years to live until my future looks back at this stranger writing these words. I can't send him a message. He wouldn't understand. And by the time he can see me I will be gone.

They say death happens only once.

I say it happens periodically throughout a lifetime. In intervals. I have died and been reborn a bunch of times.

I am looking forward too my next unbiological death.

Dear future me, I hope you learned some things.

Old 11-29-2014, 07:47 AM
max crash (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 403

I have never thought to much about the seven or so year replacement process, but it is weighing heavy on my mind at the moment.

this may not be a new thing to everyone but it is for me and I like new things.

very nice

Max
Old 12-18-2014, 01:55 AM
xoLorey (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 2

Oh! This is really a thought provoker, I like it quite a bit! Much like Max above, I didn't know about the 7 year thing. Definitely gives one pause

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
xo Lorey
Old 01-25-2015, 06:06 AM
I-Gypsy-Queen (Offline)

Thanks 42

This one got me right in the feels, however, you need to take a closer look at your syntax and grammar. Get a SPaG ninja on it (post this to the SPaG forum and let the take a whack at it). Write on!
Old 08-01-2015, 03:57 AM
JSolacio (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

Ah, the Ship of Theseus.

All the cells don't die at once though. They die little by little. Every day, we are different person. But it happens so slowly that we don't notice it. Seven years from now, there are no traces left of cells from seven years ago. However, unlike death, we do keep many things from our past life.

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Prompts & Challenges