WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics

Character Clinics Come and discover new things about your characters

Michael

Old 03-17-2012, 11:42 PM
citizensoldier (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default Michael

Hi, my name is Michael. I am 37 years old and from Philadelphia, PA. I am a college graduate, I have no brothers or sisters, and I was raised by my uncle Chris.

I was an active kid. I grew up playing soccer, baseball, and took to lifting weights in high school. I have never been in trouble with the law or been caught doing anything that would have given me a record.

My true passion since I was in middle school has been flying. Chris taught me how to fly Cessnas when I started working with him during the summers, school breaks, and off seasons. I was flying solo when I was a freshman in high school to places like NY, MD, GA, and Florida and earned my pilot’s license when I was 17.

I continued my passion while in college by taking an internship and later a full time job as a domestic pilot for FEDEX. Although I have over twenty years of flying experience, only seventeen have been with FEDEX. The changing corporate climate has enabled me to take an early retirement; closing that chapter of my life while transitioning into the next.

It is a shame my wife Yvette will not be joining me on this next adventure in Las Vegas. As this next chapter starts with Tango Executive Jets, we have decided to separate after eleven years. No bitter or hard feelings that I know of, we have grown and unfortunately our goals and lifestyle are no longer aligned nor forceabley reconcilable.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:36 PM
limejello11 (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 3

Hi Michael!

I'm Jess. I'm originally from Hershey, PA and spent nearly a deacade living in Las Vegas, only moving when my AF husband got orders to rural Mississippi. It has been a complete culture shock. I long for the city where life happens after 8pm and on Sundays.

I'd be happy to share my knowledge of Las Vegas with you...so many things to do there. Best of luck on all of your new adventures.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:37 PM
DELTAfox1994 (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 2

Whoa, this is kinda weird. Just because my name is Michael, and I'm from Philadelphia myself. I've flown in Cessna aircraft with Civil Air Patrol for a few years now. Your username also calls out to me.

Sorry to hear about your separation, but I hope you find Las Vegas enjoyable. Happy flying.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:45 AM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 704

Hi Michael,

Can you tell me how it made you feel being without parents when you were a child?

(I suppose that are the kind of things that give flesh to the bones of your character, getting to know his psyche)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:00 AM
citizensoldier (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

Originally Posted by limejello11 View Post
Hi Michael!

I'm Jess. I'm originally from Hershey, PA and spent nearly a deacade living in Las Vegas, only moving when my AF husband got orders to rural Mississippi. It has been a complete culture shock. I long for the city where life happens after 8pm and on Sundays.

I'd be happy to share my knowledge of Las Vegas with you...so many things to do there. Best of luck on all of your new adventures.
Jess, thank you. . . I visited Vegas once, right after high school graduation a group of us went, it was a great time. . . I remember someone saying that the locals (Vegas residents) rarely ventured to the strip that often. . . Is that true? What are my best options for housing (single home, condo, apartment)? Thank you.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:02 AM
citizensoldier (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

Originally Posted by DELTAfox1994 View Post
Whoa, this is kinda weird. Just because my name is Michael, and I'm from Philadelphia myself. I've flown in Cessna aircraft with Civil Air Patrol for a few years now. Your username also calls out to me.

Sorry to hear about your separation, but I hope you find Las Vegas enjoyable. Happy flying.
Michael, good to meet you. . . Thank you for your service. . . I am looking forward to Vegas and the opportunities that are there. . .
Old 04-01-2012, 02:25 AM
citizensoldier (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
Hi Michael,

Can you tell me how it made you feel being without parents when you were a child?

(I suppose that are the kind of things that give flesh to the bones of your character, getting to know his psyche)

Uncle Chris was a dad to me as much I have witnessed actual fathers raising their respective sons. Yes, I often wondered what it would have been like to actually have a mother and father, but those were rare considering most of my childhood friends grew up in broken homes or had parents that lacked love or compassion. Of course I also thought about who I looked more or if I would have their personality traits.

I do not believe I missed out on much growing up. Uncle Chris kept me very busy in sports and when I took to flying the way that I did, he made sure I stayed in the sky. Growing up, I knew he went out with women but I only saw him once with a woman after a date.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:20 PM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 704

Does that give you trouble in forming a meaningful relationship with a woman?

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics